Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 4 (October 28)

+3
JacobPk
Billy Kim
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Romans 4 (October 28) Empty Romans 4 (October 28)

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Kevin likes jennifer... see what i did there? 4 days in advance owning... im that goood
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans 4 (October 28) Empty Re: Romans 4 (October 28)

Post  Billy Kim Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:38 am

First one besides isaac but it's not a race or a competition so w.e
and also, I remember reading all yours and also got some extra ideas....
This time, i'll do it first to give YOU guys ideas... HAHA Getting an idea
and copying an idea are 2 completly different things jst to tell u guys...
HAHA

4Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. 5However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

This verse says alot... When u work, u get ur pay cuz u deserve it. But faith is a whole different story... Trust and faith, you can never do it by your self so you wont get PAID if u kno wat i mean, it's rele hard to say it in words but you only get faith cuz god is there and is reaching out to you... You can't EARN god's trust if u kno wat i mean... You GET trust because god gives it to you, he shows kindness and generosity by GIVING YOU faith... Very Confusing... Basically, Faith and God's trust is a gift... You might not even deserve it but god jst gives it to us cuz he luvs us...

13It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, 15because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

God promised that abraham and he's childrem would get the whole earth... God didn't give it to them for what he did or wat he would do in the furtur but he gave it to him cuz of what god gave them in the beginning, To build a trust between god and him... If god didn't give them the gift of faith, he wouldn't have gave abraham the whole earth... Also, Faith and promises cant have a value, they are PRISELESS!! it is bigger than ANY OBJECTS IN THE WORLD!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:56 am

billy... what did i tell you... dont just do 3 days worth of devos at 1 in the morning... spread them out one a day. You did one "missed one" at 1 and did another at 1 am so you wouldnt have to do it later tonight.

DOING DEVOS ISNT SOMETHING YOU JUST DO TO GET ABOVE THE BAR
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:13 pm

haha noob
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:12 pm

REDDDDD <3 love the colour of the new layout Smile hahahaha
i had an AWESOMMMMEEEE day. volleyball in fitness today was so jokes LOL you should have seen my spike.. it was the saddest thing of life :S
so i went to the doctor cause something was wierd... it wasnt my back that was hurting, and i didnt get what was wrong. so i asked why my side was hurting, and my doctor thinks that i hurt my Ilium. wthhhhh like how do i hurt my ilium ? (thank gosh for that anatomy test... i actaully knew what the ilium was haha)

9Is this blessedness only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We have been saying that Abraham's faith was credited to him as righteousness. 10Under what circumstances was it credited? Was it after he was circumcised, or before? It was not after, but before!

I remember meeting some people who asked me "i have so many friends who dont believe in God... does that mean that THEY arent forgiven?" I wish i knew this verse before........ Abraham is one of the most well known figures in the bible. He's known for great faith and he's an amazing son of God. People just automatically assume that Abraham was a Christian from the very beginning.God calls people at different times... some people meet Him earlier, and some people meet Him later. Abraham, a man who never knew God before.... developed into such an AMAZING Christian, and followed God with such great faith . in this chapter its saying EVERYONE on this earth is forgiven, EVERYONE recieved salvation. That's why everyone has a chance to go to heaven. We're on this earth for such a limited time. God can give us 80 years to live on this earth, and our job is to reach out to those who dont know him while we are here, so that they can go to heaven too. They can become like Abraham too, God has such awesome plans for ALL of us, He wants to use us in such amazing and great ways! They just need a push into the first step of faith. We cant make people believe in God right away. At first we might not even see change. But we just need to make it so that we can introduce them to this life, and plant a seed in their hearts. God will have to take over from there. All we can do is watch them transform after that!

I remember learning this at missions. We watched a clip from Schindler's List. and they say "one more". God gives us so many opportunities, how many have we passed away? We can save ONE MORE. atleast one. lets reach out Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:35 pm

i didnt like the new layout... jacobs newb

"18 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping"
I think the definition of hope doesnt include realistic reasoning or reason at all... you just hope and Abraham did and its something we can get a lot from

over all great chapter! it was like a very informative chapter.
If i were to write what i got, it would be repeating the chapter so yah...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:15 pm

what new layout? im so confused...
ps am i crzy.. or are the dates wrong?

but anyways this whole chapter was about faith - how it is through faith that we are saved - and it is for this reason that salvation is achievable for everyone.. Grace brought up a great point that we should really be making the effort to make sure that everyone has this opportunity. because it's a pretty sweet deal that God gave us when it came to salvation.. so lets not let it go to waste.. The worst thing that can happen if we try to reach out is that people will say NO or think we're weird.. but the BEST thing that can happen is that they can be SAVED THROUGH FAITH. again, pretty sweet deal.. so lets take the initiative to not let any opportunities go by.. because i'm sure that God gives us the opportunities to reach out (whether directly or indirectly) every day!

excited for practice tmrw! see you all tomorrow!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:19 pm

yea the dates are wrong... sorry i started on sunday instead of monday
as you can see, starting tomorrow the dates were correctly changed this afternoon =D
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Ugh Isacc soft side in his dp picture...who took his balls away? lol jks I love you man...seriously though

Sorry I have to

Allan's geek moment
One of Martin Luther king's (not the black guy Jacob) points in his thesis said that no eartly being can give you salvation, and anything you recieve from those who say they have salvation to give away is false. Only God has the authority to truly give salvation ,and we receive in open hands.

You don' work for your salvation, becasue self reliance will get you nowhere. Like cathy said don't waste it. Truly work what God has given you. What good is something if you hoard it to yourself. That can't be called salvation. Reach out share what you have recieved from God.

anyways that is all

Sick cat!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:27 pm

ahahahahahaha
he came like that... did i not tell you guys the epic story in which we found OLIAS?????
He had many battle wounds... one was the visually obvious castration of his man-hood-ness-good-ness-god-given-testicles....
Hes still a trouper though...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:30 pm

HAHAHAHAHA
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:00 am

15 For the law always brings punishment on those who try to obey it. (The only way to avoid breaking the law is to have no law to break!)

hey everyone!
sry im doing this devo kinda late... we had a school dance ahah

We will always have sin in our lives no matter what. Sin is and always will be a part of our lives and there's nothing we can do to stop it. But we have to know that sin is a part of us and that we can always go to god for forgiveness. But in heaven there won't be any need for rules because everyone is with God and completely parted with sin.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down