Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 1 (October 25)

+2
Cathy
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

Romans 1 (October 25) Empty Romans 1 (October 25)

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Purpose of Romans: To explain how God makes sinful people righteous

Outline:
Romans 1:1-3:20: Sin: Why we needs God's Righteousness
Romans 3:21-5:21: Salvation: How God provides this righteousness
Romans 6:1-8:39: Sanctification: God's ongoing work of righteousness in us
Romans 9:1-11:36: Sovereignty: God's Freedom in granting this righteousness
Romans 12:1-16:27: Service: Practical expressions of living righteously

We will be reading Romans stating Monday Oct 26th.

Romans contains my all time favorite chapter, Romans 8. I know we as a team will learn a lot from Romans and grow not only individually, but as a team. I'm really excited to read a new testament with the newbies =D we always seem to get a lot from the new testament. So pleaser continue doing your devos (you guys are all awesome at keeping up!) and try to get the most out of the least amount of time you spend with God during the day!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Romans 1 (October 25) Empty Re: Romans 1 (October 25)

Post  Cathy Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:11 pm

Devos during spare again! Man I love student council privilleges. I'm sitting in the office with peace and quiet, with access to a computer, scanner, printer, and boxes of chocolates.. LIFE IS GOODDD

anyways Romans 1:

"that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." I liked this verse because it really reminded me of how important it is for us to have community, fellowship, and accountability. This is why God created a lot of us on earth, because we all need each other 'TO LEANN ONN. LEAN ON ME!' And that's the reason that it's so important to have things like ohana and fellowship.. in our case, being PRAISE TEAMM! And thats also why we do devos together on this forum - so that we can not only keep each other accountable for actually doing deovs, but also so that we can learn from each other - encourage each other and inspire each other to have a stronger faith and relationship with God Smile

Also I noticed that with a lot of things, the chapter says that God 'gave us over to something'.. And in the end it sort of sums it up saying, "28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done"
This made me realize that sin sort of spirals down.. once we get into the habit of sinning and ignore God, we are given over to sin.. (by given over.. we did it to ourselves, so you can't really blame God).. And once you're there its a lot harder to get back.. since we're corrupted with this 'depraved' mind and we lose sense of whats wrong and right.. But ofcourse, God always forgives us and takes us back when we genuinely repent.. But this is a warning that we should not even let ourselves dance around and play around with sin, because it will pull us down and just make it worse and worse and worse..
haha sorry i had to finish that last sentence like 4 hours later cuase i got interrupted..

have a great evening everyone! im wonderfully screwed for my history test!

Last edited by Cathy on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:36 pm

hope all of your days went well today Smile
i had an.....interesting one..hHAHAHA
my back is bothering me... i went to the ..gulp... doctor, and he said i pulled a muscle in my back.... oh man, my parents are going to KEEL me ... i have to do my lifeguarding course !!! LOLLLLL

so for todays chapter, i didnt get something from like specific verses, but the over all was interesting .
i read the contemporary english version. and throughout the whole thing it says "God let them"
our God gives us a choice.. for everything. He doesnt force things on us, and He doesnt manipulate us or anything like that.
Like how lucky are we, to have the priviledge of worshiping a God like ours. Full of compassion, and love.
also in the chapter it said that the people worshiped God's creations and not God.
that part really stood out to me. they say that they dont believe in God, people say that God isnt real... and yet, they worship everything that God had made. Things that cant live forever. Things that God can take away in a millisecond just with the sound of His voice. Theyre missing out on the bigger picture..they see what God has made.... they see the evidence... but dont look furthur onto WHO made it possible, where it all came from.... theyre focused on the worldly things and refuse to even consider that "oh, maybe there really is a God out there" and i think thats one of our purposes... a part we're supposed to fufill while we are here. Helping those people see the bigger picture. To help them realize that God is the one who created all of this.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:07 pm

are you okay grace?
nice devos both of youssss and cathy i got that "lean on me" song reference =D
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:54 pm

haha ill survive.. its just uncomfertable...
but im out of my bball season now
cause my parents want me to rest up and heal fast for my lifeguard stuff....
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:13 pm

32 They know God's justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too

I found this verse to really relate to my life. Whenever I sin, most of the time i usually know what i'm doing and why it's bad but i stilll do it anyways. Hopefully i dont encourage other people to sin with me. It's bad enough that i sin by myself fully knowing that im doing it but to encourage people is just worse.

I also noticed the part where it says God's justice requires us to die... but then i thought, his love requires him to save us. He loves us so much that he's willing to save us even after death because he never wants to be away from us. He wants us to be with him forever!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:27 pm

i hate work

"King David’s family line"
that i did not know

"20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God."
If you ever wondered if it is fair for people who live in the middle of the amazon who dont get a chance to hear about the good word, heres the answer

"They invent new ways of sinning, "
Remember when i talked about how sinning is saying that you are not satisfied with God? This verse stuck out to me because it is so true, in my life at least. That once i overcome one sin, it seems that i was always knee deep in another sin...
quite sad... that is why we need God. It really is...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:48 pm

Oh man tense class. So I had my final abortion presentation in psychology class, and I did a little Devil's advocate, and all the girls in my class started to verbally kick my ass. lol They were like what would happen if a girl came up to you tomorrow and say that she was pregnant, and after the situations given got even more specific...ugh damn...and all the guys are like "let's not get involved...sry Allan we can't win"

next topic...can fathers mother...crap

anyways!

I like the seriousness of Romans. Paul is not sugar-coating things, and like a caring friend he will tell you straight-up. Paul trusted everyone, and becasue of that trust he was able to talk freely. You are doing more harm to others if you are just letting people go on with their lives without any intervention.

WOW! God is really everywhere. All these intricate designs in the world, is hard to sum up by chance. Like have you ever just stared at the sun, moon, stars etc. How everything is just there perfectly not to close, far, small, hot, cold, etc. There is no way that a thought of a designer never popped up is somebodies mind. I mean you can be the most scientific person in the world, but there is always that "God" factor in your head.

The meat of this section is "do you act on the "God factor", and in which way. God has given everyone their own choices in life. He knows how each decision is going to play out, but the choice is ours. God is just facilitating your choices, he is going to try to help you pick the right choice, but the final choice is yours.

Even with sin you have the option of doing it or not

anyways that is all

Allan out!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:51 pm

NO ALLAN YOU NEVER GIVE UP
THATS HOW WOMEN WIN!!!
stupid feminists... not every gender topic is something to argue about ahemmmm CATHY

this is why we should have never have let them vote... thats where the real issue started...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:10 am

where the hell/hec were you when I needed you!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:11 am

i am everywhere...
just call my name and i shall arrive..
uh ohh cathy is online... HERE COMES THE RANTTT
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:11 am

crap...well she is a woman so w/e...

how scary would it be if in the reflection you see cathy and she is ready to strangle you
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:13 am

...must i bring up the scientific evidence that humankind can go on without men? actually i wrote an english essay on this.. my teacher loved it cause shes a lonely 40 year old woman who can't get a man..
but yeah WE DONT NEED YOU, FOOLISH MEN!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 am

HAHAHHAHA WE'RE ALL ONLINE!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 am

yes...yes we are
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:17 am

allan.. i may or may not get an artcore...
i know... calm down its just a want at this point not a need

also tell me the names of the guitars you are planning to buy.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:18 am

haha allan what do you mean, 'the reflection'? are you implying that i have nothing better to do but to creep isaac and appear out of nowhere on the behalf of feminism? and im not a crazy feminist. i agreed with isaac that women shouldnt be given as many rights as they do in court.
but when im married. i plan on wearing the pants in that relationship Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 am

cause you have a hidden penis like hannah...

wow 2nd page...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:22 am

Fender MIJ 1980-87 (if I can find one for sure)
schecter lady luck (maybe)
Ibanez RG350DX or paul gilbert (maybe)

gist of it this is going to be my forever good guitar so yah!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:23 am

2 pages YAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol when Jacob does his devo he is going to be like WTH!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:45 am

17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[c] just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."
This verse rele stood out to me... HAHA it means that you will know the
true meaning of life by doing the right thing (Having faith in GOD).
By having faith in him, later one god will give u internal life which
is not EVE comparible to this world that we are living in... We kno that
guys right??

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
The only reason that god even gets angry is because of us... Because we sin, we even get to see a PART of god's wrath... But it seems
like we know wat god's anger is... God made it seem like we know how he expresses he's anger but he's true anger cannot be expressed
in any way...
Also, people decided to look down on god... Not hating but look at him as a lower rank than b4, WHICH SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!! We shouldn't EVER RANK GOD BECAUSE HE IS ABOVE ALL RANKS THAT CAN EVER EXIST WE act like we KNO EVEryTHING AND ALSO COMPLAIN TO GOD WITH THEIR PRIDE!!!

Over all, The humad race is slowly starting to IGNORE god and doesn't seem to care about him... He CREATED Us and has the world in he's hands...
And all we do is ignore god and creat new kinds of sins... Not doing what mens are supposed to do and not doing what womens are supposed to do...
Altho we do the opposite of wat god has told us to do... He shows he's generosity by not destroying all of us... Instead, he sent he's one and only sone
jesus and gave us all a SECOND CHANCE!!! And even AFTER THAT, WE STILL SIN!!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down