Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 17 Oct 3

+2
Isaac
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 17 Oct 3 Empty 1 Samuel 17 Oct 3

Post  Kevin Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:36 pm

SOFT TINGZ
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 17 Oct 3 Empty Re: 1 Samuel 17 Oct 3

Post  Kevin Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:46 pm

ahah so David murked the goliath guy. He did this because he put his 100% faith in God and he was with him every step of the way. But the Goliath was many times stronger than David but because he knew God was on his side and put his confidence in him, he was able to win. Now i'm pretty sure i wouldnt go to battle to the death with a huge black guy. Cuz honestly he'd mash me. But im wondering, will i have the same faith that David had in God some time? Will i be able to do anything for God and trust in him fully? I'm not sure but i'll try to put my trust in him like David did and he won. ahah who knows? I might put my faith fully in god and maybe ll wreck someone 5 times bigger than me Wink

see you tomorrow guys!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:45 pm

sorry i didnt post last night. Got home late.

As im reading this epic goliath and david battle, there was thunder roaring behind me ahaha its sickk

" 36 I have done this to both lions and bears, and I’ll do it to this pagan Philistine, too,"
i didnt think david was so bad ass... If you dont understand how hard it is to kill a bear... well watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f94WI-0chv4
ahaha funny clip... the bear may know kung fu, but man knows where to sack!

David owned Goliath. God owned Goliath. ye ye

that is all...
-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:03 pm

GO DAVID GO!
haha i love this chapter - it's such a classic. doesnt it just boggle your mind that david, a small shepherd boy can take on bigtime soldier goliath and totally OWN HIM with just a stone.. Really makes us question the things that we consider 'strength' , doesnt it? Again, this story is all about trust in God - David was able to beat Goliath because he had God on his side - and if God is for us, then who can be against us, right? Thus, it's important not to doubt anyone or ourselves based on worldy criteria.. Lets remember that God has a totally different perception of everything that we've learned here on earth!

See y'all tmrw!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:11 pm

IM SOAR ALL OVER . stretchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
okay so i did a MAJOR room cleaning and now there is not a speck of dust anywhere lol i feel acomplished Smile

ive probably heard this story as much as Noah's ark, and every time i read it, it gets better !

26David asked some soldiers standing nearby, "What will a man get for killing this Philistine and stopping him from insulting our people? Who does that worthless Philistine think he is? He's making fun of the army of the living God!"

YES. david stands up for God Smile

33"You don't have a chance against him," Saul replied. "You're only a boy, and he's been a soldier all his life."
34But David told him: Your Majesty, I take care of my father's sheep. And when one of them is dragged off by a lion or a bear, 35I go after it and beat the wild animal until it lets the sheep go. If the wild animal turns and attacks me, I grab it by the throat and kill it. 36Sir, I have killed lions and bears that way, and I can kill this worthless Philistine. He shouldn't have made fun of the army of the living God! 37The LORD has rescued me from the claws of lions and bears, and he will keep me safe from the hands of this Philistine. "All right," Saul answered, "go ahead and fight him. And I hope the LORD will help you."

in this part , i got a couple things. first, i loved how David said that if he could kill those animals, than this wont be a problem with God by his side. And then theres saul. I felt like Saul is underestimating David.. even though he knows that God is with David. And i feel like saul forgot how MIGHTY God is. He seems so sure that Goliath is going to win and says "i hope God helps you" But saul should know by now, even with his own experiences that God will never abandon you, and WILL help you.

so what happened?

David Kills Goliath

yup, God wins again, saul looses again .

so lets always remember that God is able, and He is worthy and without God we're useless and we cant win. And also God is SOOO powerful, and its so easy to underestimate Him.

wow this got long :S
ill see you guys tomorrow!
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:06 pm

haha I was studying the statue of David today for my western history class.

Geek fact for the day: Do you know the statue's hand is out of proportion so people looking up can have a better look at the hands and it's attention to detail!

GOLIATH: (looking down at David) Yah...Seriously! Really! Look at him!
God: Your going to take that from him
David: ....
God: Trust in me and I'll destroy him
David: OK
...flings rock...
Goliath: ughhhh I am dying
...Goliath dies...
David: cool!
God: lol this is going to be funny story in the future, hope someone writes this down!

Trust in God he will make it happen! Only God can help you, so don't hesitate.

I like this phrase "hesitate and you will age", you are just hurting yourself when you hesitate. God is there so ask!

K that is all!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:10 pm

ALLAN I BET YOU WERE JEALOUS OF DAVID Smile Smile Smile
i know your penis is... well petite, but you dont need to study the most famous penis in history LISTVERSE.COM BABY YE YE. aha only you and i would get that... :p

p.s your little david vs goliath monologue made me actually laugh. not like on the computer laugh in my head laugh, but actually laugh aha

kudos
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:38 am

Hey guys, jst came back from a family feast... Was pretty fun. Hope u guys are having a great day. i'm gonna rest up sooon...

This chapter, we all know. It's the famous david and goliath story... HAHA. David was not sent to the
war like he's 3 oldest brothers but he's father sent him to check out how they are doing... David went
and it was when goliath was challenging the israelites on a fight... David was mad about the philistein
being cocky so he went to saul and told him that he will fight goliath... When david went to face goliath
one on one, he picked up a smooth stone, threw it and killed him... David was small and goliath was a
giant... God have him the courage and the power to kill goliath. This is an example of what we say...
god uses the weak to lead the strong!!1
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down