Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 7 (September 21)

+3
Kevin
Grace
Cathy
7 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 7 (September 21) Empty 1 Samuel 7 (September 21)

Post  Cathy Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Hey guys! Doing devos during spare!
haha so this chapter was more interesting and significant than the others that we've been reading lately.. We've read a lot about God's wrath and well, I guess today you can say you still see his wrath.. but there was more of a positive aspect to it.. God called Samuel from the beginning, and when he said 'Here I am God', he committed himself to God and God used him for his purpose.. In this chapter the Philistines attacked, and Samuel goes to God right away for help - as he offers the burnt offering and prays to God.. I really hope that every single one of us can do the same when we're going through struggles. And God delivers - "But that day the LORD thundered with loud thunder against the Philistines and threw them into such a panic that they were routed before the Israelites." Epic, eh? but yeah God totally kicked philistine butt, and Samuel prevails as a great leader and a very faithful and prayerful man, whom we should look to when we start slacking in our devotion and trust in God...

Have a GRREEATT day everyone! cant wait to go home and nap Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 7 (September 21) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 7 (September 21)

Post  Grace Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:13 pm

i liked todays chapter Smile
it changed my prespective a bit

3One day, Samuel told all the people of Israel, "If you really want to turn back to the LORD, then prove it. Get rid of your foreign idols, including the ones of the goddess Astarte. Turn to the LORD with all your heart and worship only him. Then he will rescue you from the Philistines."

This part was goooood . Samuel is telling them to only worship God with all their heart. To get rid of those useless idols and to turn away from evil. It reminds me of the song "heart of worship" and "here i am to worship"
turning away from it all... and focusing and worshiping GOD. remembering wahts most important

7When the Philistine rulers found out about the meeting at Mizpah, they sent an army there to attack the people of Israel.
The Israelites were afraid when they heard that the Philistines were coming. 8"Don't stop praying!" they told Samuel. "Ask the LORD our God to rescue us."

yeah so this part sort of confused me, and i didnt get them .
the israelites are yelling at samuel to pray to God.
it kinda shows me that the israelites has such SMALL faith in God, how they dont trust Him enough to pray themselves.... i dont know, maybe its just me ... but thats something im going to work on, to have faith in my God and to really be able to pray to Him full heartedly and to be aware of His presence.

getting a new careers teacher....... im starting to hope that careers will get better ?
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:00 pm

OH MY so much work... just finished my homework and after devos I probably gotta do piano practise and at 10pm watch CSI Miami. It's a new episode and it looks sick from the previews ahah.

The story was how the Israelites were told by Samuel that if they really wanted God, put their fake idols away and worship only him. In the end they did so and God helped them own the Phillistines. The Israelites really put aside everything and really devoted themselves to God and he answered. From reading this I can really try to put everything aside and really trust and pray to God and not only talk to him when I need him but also when I wanna thank him or ask for forgiveness.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 pm

i didn't sleep last night so i'm wacked outttt.
But i did read it! my head hurts.................. will post tomorrow!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:06 pm

i didnt get anything from this chapter.

I think i badly hurt my middle finger on my left hand... it hurts do even move it... i think it was because i havent played the guitar in a while :S

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:47 pm

Isaac wrote:i didnt get anything from this chapter.

I think i badly hurt my middle finger on my left hand... it hurts do even move it... i think it was because i havent played the guitar in a while :S

-Isaac
Stop using the middle finger then...HAHA, there is no point of using that finger alone... LOL
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:58 pm

Hey guys, jst came back from my TKD practice... Got my butt kicked my my master, I was forced to box with him and he punched me in the nose like 3 times rele hard. I think I got a concusion from it or somethings, I have a Headache... HAHA

So finally, Samuel grew up from the last 6 chapters, and he grew up to be a rele commited son. He was going around the cities and teling people to worship god... it was hard for the israelites and some people were worshipping other idols. He told them if u worship god, he will always help you out so the villagers worshipped god and things worked out... One day, the israelites decided to meet in a city and the philisteins heard and decided to attack... Samuel and the people of israel still decided to go to the city and many were scared... Samuel sacrificed a sheep and when the philisteins were attacking, he sent a thunderstorm and attacked the philistiens. israelites decided to take an advantage of them and slaughter them. Samuel put a rock in the exact place where god had helped them... and God was very hard on the philisteins during the time of samuel...
god is never wrong with he's decisions and god will always be with us...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:03 am

when i work, i have to use all my fingers.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:27 am

Hi guys

Today's chapter...umm I really didn't get much, It seems these past few chapters we've seen the righteous anger of God. We can't understand his anger, we can get close to it, but we will never fully grasp his anger.

K c ya guys soon
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down