Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 11 (September 26)

4 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 11 (September 26) Empty 1 Samuel 11 (September 26)

Post  Cathy Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 pm

So Samuel is leaving and he leaves the people with some words of wisdom.. First he points out all of the things that the Lord had done for them.. And this is when the people realize that they had turned their backs from God and started worshipping idols.. Samuel points out that the people had sinned by asking for a king: this, again is becuase that demonstrates that they did not TRUST God enough to deliver them from harm and suffering, even though he had showed them many times that God is loyal and faithful to his people. But Samuel assured them:
"You have certainly done wrong, but make sure now that you worship the Lord with all your heart, and don't turn your back on Him. Don't go back to worshipping worthless idols that cannot help or rescue you - they are totally useless! The Lord will not abandon his people , because that would dishonor His great name. For it has pleased the lord to make you his very own people. "
These verses are great because even though we might turn away from God, it assures us that we can go back and worship him with all that we have. We must be careful not to turn to sin in an attempt to 'satisfy' ourselves.. Because when it comes down to it, it is our God that will deliver us from evil.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 11 (September 26) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 11 (September 26)

Post  Grace Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:29 pm

soooooo today i saw FAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !
it was sooooooooooooooooooo good
but i dont wanna spoil it, so ill stop there Smile haha

so is loved this part of the chapter

12The Israelite soldiers went to Samuel and demanded, "Where are the men who said they didn't want Saul to be king? Bring them to us, and we will put them to death!" 13"No you won't!" Saul told them. "The LORD rescued Israel today, and no one will be put to death."

The LORD rescued Israel today.
God delivered his people once again Smile
it reminds me of SOOOO many songs like Came to my Rescue, Mighty to Save etc
but Rescue- Desperation Band came to my mind first
God will rescue us when we need rescuing.

cant wait for tomorrow !!!
i miss all of you guys, its been a while ~
seeeeee yaaaaaaa
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:02 pm

i didnt get much from this chapter, but i got a lot from this church event jacob and i went to!
I cant recall all of it by word, but i was about peace and Gods love.
Im a strong believer in God's peace. Throughout my life, through all my issues i had peace in the back of my mind because i KNEW God was always behind me. <3 ye ye

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:25 am

Kevins a noob, doing 12.
i'm so stoked for tomorrow! boo yah kasha .

God is balling eh. he really does look out for us, and he is always listening and watching us. We just have to realize we just can't do things without him. I went to ths church fundrasier thingy today and it had few good messages. and the main point was that God is our 'head'. Without him, it's like having a body without a head. Which is pointless, because you need all part so fyour body to function properly. So without God we become pieces, btu with him we can have peace within out lives.
I also liked the message saying" it's not about thanking God, btu also being prepared to thank God no matter wwhat the circumstances are." God onlyt wants whats good for us. EVEN if it seems like it's no going in that direction. It's just an encouragement to let you guys know GOD IS WITH US.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down