Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 12 (Sept 5)

4 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 12 (Sept 5) Empty 1 Corinthians 12 (Sept 5)

Post  Isaac Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Surprised
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 12 (Sept 5) Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 12 (Sept 5)

Post  Grace Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:34 pm

i REALLY loved this chapter .
its all about spiritual gifts !!!
you know, this is something i was frustrated with before .
since i was young it was always like "what are your spiritual gifts?" and i was always like "i dont know"
for the longest time i thought i didnt have any. LOL yeah i went like that for a while, and then this year, it was a question i needed to answer before i went to missions. "what are some of your spiritual gifts..." i was like crap, i dont have any .
so i think i did everything, i asked friends, talked to pastors, looked it up in the bible, and did tests, and read about them on the internet
i was told "everyone has a spiritual gift, atleast one ." and its really true
we have so many hidden talents given by God , and half we dont even realize because it is part of us, these gifts are shown in our personality.

I like what it says in this chapter, it says that there are many gifts, and it is all given for one purpose, it is so that we can glorify God, its hidden talents we use to worship and SERVE God.

if we dont know what they are, we need to pray to God to reveal them to us,
if we have an idea of what our spiritual gifts are, i think we need to pray for God to help us expand on the gifts and to not put them to waste

well im off to work !
see you guys tomorroww Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:33 pm

6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.

K so that verse was on that stood out to me. So I heard that part that God works in many different ways but the part that says God does the work in all of us made me think, God is working in me. He's working in everyone on the praise team, the leadership team, maybe even the whole church. And I'm thinking that God made us all for a purpose and he'll plan on using us.

see u guys tomorrow, lol pray for jacobs face and for isaac and cathys safe return!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:58 pm

Hey guys i look ugly... bahahahahaha...sigh.

4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.
Sick verse. We are all here for the purpose of serving under one God. THIS is what unifies Us. SO as a praise team i'm telling you, let's bring our our gifts and let God's light shine on us. That way we will be able to create a strong foundation for praise of the church!

As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
Also another sick verse.
EVERYONE on this praise team has ROLES. and until you understand that, and unless we understand it as a team, we cannot grow together. Know why? Because if we don't know oru roles we can't humble ourselves to fit the part of the team. So i'm saying this now, worship should be done in the congregation as it would be on the stage. No difference. Also your role is important to the team. If you feel like you're not playing enough, or don't feel that important, DONT. Because YOU still ahve a part to play. For example, Kevin and Allan, you guys will get electrics, but as of now, Allan will get more of the solos and rifts while Kevin plays rhythm, BUT that doesn't make Kevin less important than Allan. Without rhythm you can't play solos. And in each way everyone on this team is important!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down