Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roh (part 1)

Go down

Roh (part 1) Empty Roh (part 1)

Post  Roh Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:38 pm

Jonh 9:

Hey guys, I hope everyone's day was good! I had a loooooong day of classes today and was pretty much at school from 9 to 9. It's okay though, caus I got a lot of work done and actually found my classes really interesting and it gets me going (I understand you Michael, when you say that you're enjoying school right now, haha).

So I hope this forum thing works out and makes things not as crazy and annoying!

Here's what I learned from John 9 today:

An obvious theme of this chapter is blindness. Jesus miraculously heals a blind man, then does a little talk about spiritual blindness and it means to be guilty and what it means to really "see". To give you a little background info for some of you who may not know about the Pharisees too well, they were the religious leaders at the time of Jesus (much like the reverends and pastors of today). They seem to be very hostile towards Jesus don't they? But I don't blame them. They know the Bible inside out and they were expecting for a Messiah. So they're all pumped up for this guy to come and save them, and in all of a sudden, this guy from a poor carpenter family who dresses at a below par level comes to them and proclaims that he is the one that they've been waiting for millenia. That's like a slap in the face! But what I find very noble is that Jesus still gives them so many chances amidst all the harsh things that they did to him. Why? Because Jesus understands. How many times already (only in John) did the Pharisees criticize Jesus and treat him poorly? And in all those times, Jesus insisted that he was the Son of God and that he would show them the way to heaven. And in John 8, it even says that some believed and followed him. Our God is a God who understands and provides second chances. I like that.
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down