Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November 4th - Relationships Part One

+3
Kevin
Sarah Oh
James
7 posters

Go down

November 4th - Relationships Part One Empty November 4th - Relationships Part One

Post  James Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:44 pm

Alot of people showed up for praise night! Well praise/discussion Smile

Proverbs 31:30: Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a women who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Solomon tries to tell us that only when your spouse fears God, he/she is a man/woman to definitely love.
Dan Kim told us that we should pray for the person that God has foreseen us to marry, to ensure that she follows the word, acknowledging that our God isn't a God to be reckoned with.
Not just for the physical appearances.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

November 4th - Relationships Part One Empty Re: November 4th - Relationships Part One

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 am

I remember seeing a picture on my friend's facebook wall, that made me die of laughter but was also a helpful piece of information to young women and relates to Daniel's sermon today!
Here's the link to the picture:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=485&tbm=isch&tbnid=qqNtS-ggfEhSgM:&imgrefurl=http://sinisterbutcomicalpumpkin.tumblr.com/post/24108165356/itwaskiki-to-all-the-girls-who-are-in-a-hurry&docid=HAxZQrag56wVQM&imgurl=http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4v892TIAz1r29xcio1_500.jpg&w=485&h=436&ei=AzaXUMmCI8fuyAGso4GwDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=451&vpy=140&dur=867&hovh=213&hovw=237&tx=123&ty=118&sig=113115177329458899733&page=1&tbnh=157&tbnw=191&start=0&ndsp=9&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:75

Don't let something like the best hair or the most gorgeous eyes be a factor of who you're going to get married to. Instead choose someone who has a strong relationship with Christ, because surely they will also have a strong relationship with you.
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

November 4th - Relationships Part One Empty Re: November 4th - Relationships Part One

Post  Kevin Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:50 am

I guess today's sermon was generically speaking about looking on the inside of a person
Not on the physical appearances. Well I suppose you could look at the physical appearances but more importantly, the inner appearances.
It's important to make acquaintances with people that will treat you right, not people that are just eye candy

yahhh
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:50 pm

I think this weeks sermon was something was supposed to be implied towards how Jesus does magic with the relationships that we build in his name. The relationships built upon God are essentially "full". It's like the burger with strength. What happens, is that instead of it being an empty relationship, there will always be someone that both partners can rely upon to bring the two back together. It's the mutual love and faith for Jesus that brings a lot of our friends together close with us. Christ is someone that is the foundation of our very lives and having him support all of our relationships is definitely something that we can count on appreciating loads down the road.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 am

Favoring someone because of their looks does not last long. If your relationship is based on this then you should rethink why you like them. Is it because of their looks? Money? Popularity?
Those things fade away and they do not matter in gods eyes. God cares about what really matters in a person, and that is their Personality and faith. Those things are not temporary.
You should appreciate someone because of their strength not by phyisical appearences.

"it's not the outside that matters, it's what in the inside that counts."
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 pm

sorry for not posting this yesterday...i was completely out of it.
anyways i thought that sundays sermon was focused on how looks dont matter in relationship and that you should love someone that fears God. i completely agree that looks shouoldnt matter in a relationship because we ourselves do not know how God looks like, so who are we to judge the outer appearance of a person? also, finding a spouse that fears God means that you will be able to love each other, but still have the passionate love for God that will continue to grow as you and your future spouse will grow together in your faiths. God wants the best for us, but that also means that we have to be the best for him as well.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 am

Lat week's sermon was about how we should choose relationships with more decision. Just because the girl/guy is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery nice looking doesnt mean you always have to go for him/her. Everyone has a personality and you should decide on there personality and what kind of a person they are in the inside rather than how they look and appear on the outside.
I like the part where he mentioned that people getting married just because they realized they didnt know what they were doign in there lives, or under pressure, or under some sort of cirumstance and would eventually lead to a divorce. We should not have these "Empty relationships" with God or anyone else.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down