Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something to watch after you are done your devos!

+5
JacobPk
Andy
Cathy
Allan
Isaac
9 posters

Go down

Something to watch after you are done your devos! Empty Something to watch after you are done your devos!

Post  Isaac Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:18 am

Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Something to watch after you are done your devos! Empty Re: Something to watch after you are done your devos!

Post  Isaac Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:04 am

With great consideration and thought, we have decided that some words are inappropriate for a Christian forum. These words are now censored and are replaced with the following:
Hanna.h will now be Ms.Long Legs
Denis.e will now (]==========8
Cath.y will now be "worst GB EVER"
Steve.n will now be (]=================8
Mik.e will now be Immigrant
Ala.n will now be (]=8

That is all....
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Something to watch after you are done your devos! Empty Re: Something to watch after you are done your devos!

Post  Allan Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:31 am

what did I say about screwing with my mind!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Oh crap my guitar just got smaller...Aghhhhhh
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:08 pm

HAHAHHAHAH (]=8 YOU'RE THE BEST

kk so im actually gonna get work done today. shut up, isaac.
But before I make my way down to bathurstclark library i thought id do my devos whilst waiting for my gay yrt bus to come 30 mins later.

So here goes James 4! :
3"When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures."
Hhaha so this definetly clarifies 'Ask and you will receive'. A lot of people interpret this second verse into asking God for everythign. A car, better clothes, etc. etc. But that's definetly not what God intended.. We can't go to God asking for selfish things becuase they do not glorify him, but they glorify us. We want these worldly things so we can show off to the world and pretend we're all that. But God desires sincerity and humbleness when we ask him for things - we need to have the right motives when we ask for things. And I think that this can take away a lot of the anger, bitterness and unfulfilment that we feel in our lives. If we really sit down to ask ourselves why we want something and recognize that many of the times, they are the wrong motives or that they are selfish, I think it's easier to be able to overcome it and accept tahat it's not important anyways..
This is why it says in verse one that battles come from our desires Smile

Also "What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."
This one really got me thinking.. A couple of you know that I was sort of flipping out the other day about waht I'm gonna do with my life, are my marks good enough, etc. etc. And hahah the fact that we're described as mist that vanishes. Really makes us seem worthless. hhaha but at the same time it humbles us and it sort of takes the pressure off. We make all these big plans for the future and we brag about it, but what good is it if its not part of the will of God? Then we're just taking a step back, no? But instead of flipping out like I do and trying to rack my brain to figure out where I'm going , we just relaly need to give it all up to God. He's the only one with the plan - so why should we settle for some human-made plan thats going to pull us away from what God intended?

Alright I'm off folks! If anyone's in the area come shopping with me.. I plan on finishing that dang Bio isu then shopping for summer clothes Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 pm

ahaha (]=8 alan... we kid we kid Very Happy

"3 And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure."
I think when we decide to get new members, this is something we should be careful with. The main concern i have with new members, is their motives. Do they just want to be on stage? to get credit for an awesome worship? or to make new friends...
" Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God."
Not to often, does a verse get repeated in the Bible(from what i have read so far). That puts great emphasis on this verse. Ive said this before, but when Jacob said this at the winter retreat it really made me think, "our bodies might be in this world, but our spirit is not." or something on those lines... we have to be disconnect ourselves from this world, and from the values of this world.
"“God opposes the proud
but favors the humble.”"

I remember when we first did devos, "humility" was a topic much discussed. Mainly because as praise team members, we are exposed to applause at times, but i strongly believe now that every single member on this team doesnt like the applause and is doing this all for God. Like when Sam was telling the church after the final night of praise, all the work that the leadership team, praise team and teachers did no one like "took a bow" or anything. Very Happy

Leadership team... tomorrow is your day of reckoning... We will utterly destroy you... Lets make a wager shall we? If we win, you set up for us AND clean up... if we lose... the girls on the praise team will cook you a nice dinner? ahaha

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:47 pm

hey guys..the world baseball classics are just amazing..we're facing Japan tonite at 9 watch it! KOREA ALL THE WAY! Very Happy

aight I'm going to break down today's devos in to 2 parts..My first part is about judging others, this lesson is in so much different parts of the bible and i think it is for a reason. First since we know that no one is perfect, everyone must be judged, but the fact is that it is hypocritical to judge others because we do the same things that they have done. It just doesn't make sense that we can judge someone, while we do the complete opposite and do the wrong thing our selves. God is the only perfect in this world and it only makes sense that he gets to judge all of us who are imperfect. So the section ends off by saying "But you-who are you to judge your neighbour?" i mean were basically all on the same level, no sin is greater then another, so i mean logically it doesn't make sense that we judge other people. For those that do judge me, I don't even take it seriously, because they are hypocritical themselves. The next part is about tomorrow..It is all about God's will in our lives. He determines what is going to come in the future, he has this map of our lives and he knows what is going to happen next, and everything that does happen is with a purpose to allow us to grow, or to learn from. We just have to let God take the steering wheel of our lives and let him lead us where he wants us to go. It's clear that he knows what he is doing..

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:25 pm

man i'm so tired, but i need to study for this G1 thing.

ANyway we're going to kick some leadership butt am i right? hoo-rah hoo rah.

ANywash this chapter sums it up to "Self control". THe need for it and how important it is to have that characteristic. We need to learn how to control ourselves, whichc is another reason why i think devotions is soo effective. If we took our time to read, process and apply it into our life, wouldn't our day just become so much more peaceful, knowing that you started off with God?

ALso i really like htis verse.
"draw near to God, and he'll draw near to you."
I love this vewrse, as simple as it is, it shows what unconditional love means, and only God possesses it. His love is everlasting, and we should beee soo grateful for that. (]==========8 lent me this book called "The SHack" and there's one part explaining how ' when we were created in God's image' it meant that humans were made to be relational with God. Remember, that a relationship can work only both ways with the same amount of effort. This is one thing i worry about our praise team after we graduate etc. EVen to Ms.Long Legs and (]==========8, are we still going to be chopstick tight, or is it going to be a casual ' i get to see her once in a while and say hi?' I don't want that to happen to our team. It's the effort that makes a relationship so trustworthy and sexy Wink
This is why i don't like to take friendships lightly, one day you can say i'm ayoru best friend, btu then the next day it's like you've never known them.
Make sense?
IF not, go drown a monkey.

excited for tomorrow!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:35 pm

ahahaha "drown a monkey"...
agreed Jacob... agreed
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:21 pm

OOOKKK....we will see about that praise team. Tomorrow is gano be sick, leadership all the way..yee yee..lol, anways heres my devotion for today...

James 4 says

Submit yourselves, the to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands,you sinners and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

So in this passage, i learned that i should be more closer to God. Sometimes when i do my devotions, i rush through it so i can get it over with. i want to get closer with God, but its sometimes difficult for me. But God says never give up. So every time i pray i would pray to God to help me to be stonger, to help to fight against satan. Right now i know satan wants me to fail doing my devotions, but i know i can win against him. I am strong and the devil is weak. Later in the future i know i will be stonger in christ, i know that because i have faith in Jesus, i know God will grant my prayers and make me stong, you just need faith. In this passage, God says to come closer to me, and i really like it that we are doing our devotions together. This will help us to be accountable with our devotions, and most importantly to be closer to God.

AMEN.................
Have a good one, and cya tomorrow
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:24 am

hahaha
esak thats soo jokesss

allan petite 8=D
hahahahahahahahahah Smile

James 4

From this chapter i learned that i should be learning about God more by reading the bible everyday everydayyy...I have to say that i feel
really bad for not doing my devos i realized i important it is,,So if im not doing my devos i need everyone of u to help me to do themm Shocked
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:31 am

Do you ever feel like your eyes are really dry? So dry that when you close your eyes, your eyeballs feel like sandpaper? Yea, well my eyes are like that right now... Just thought you should know even if you really don't care about my eyeballs.

James 4

I don't have too much to write for today's passage, but I keep thinking that submitting completely to God is a very difficult thing to do just because there are so many temptations in the world and in ourselves. Probably one thing that we should all keep in mind is that, when we are struggling with this concept of submitting to God, we have each other to ask for help and each other to talk to. Also, submitting to God is through different ways- reading the Word, growing in God from the influence of other believers, and worshiping in all areas of our lives. Being 100% devoted to God seems almost impossible, but let's not lose hope and try our best to always look to God.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:04 am

Lol Jammed at my friends house today, and he knew hillsongs, played like metal version of everything

man this was really mind-opening

Don't you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God. Jealousy is the big theme in today' chapter, and It's contagious, not going to lie. We all have it inside us, and it's impossible never to experience it. We have this innate feeling to want, and it;s unreasonable to just completely forget about those things. The scripture is not saying to completely remove your desire to want , No because that is unreasonable, but it does want us to humble ourselves and lower our pride.

Lol judging others...ahem "size" what who said that? jks jks みな男ぴニス輪とてもちさいです (yah don't translate that)

He alone has the power to save or destroy, it's God who has the right to judge, because if we did it we are nothing but hypocrites
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Reading this Chapter made me think of the Dark Knight; the hero that everyone deserves, not the one that they need/want.
Mainly because this Chapter dealt with rejecting, and getting rejected by, the social norms to have a relationship with God.
But seriously, this Chapter reminded me of the Dark Knight so much, because Batman is being chased by the cops (at the beginning of the movie for property damage, etc. and at the end of the movie for killing Harvey Dent) but the protagonist still protects Gotham. Batman is obviously not fighting crime for the sake of getting a reputation as a hero or for other rewards, but just to keep the city safe. Yet, he causes damage to the properties in the city therefore some people don't like him, and thinks he should pay for the damages, etc.
I think by substituting the city of Gotham as God and Batman as ourselves, we can be better worshipers.
That's what I got out of this Chapter
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down