Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLOSSIANS!

Go down

COLOSSIANS! Empty COLOSSIANS!

Post  Cathy Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:48 am

Hey guys
sorry i've been slacking for the past couple of days
but here goes!

Colossians 1:
"9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, 11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God."
I liked this verse becuase it challenges us to seek knowledge and gain insight. This verse jumped out at me because in my TOK class we were talking about fallacies - unjust arguments, and how to differentiate between a valid statement from invalid ones. And one of the fallacies that we spoke about was 'appeal to God'. In philosophy, this alone is considered to be insufficient justification and cannot be considered valid. At first I was like 'ohh. oh my that goes against my beliefs' But I was thinking about it and it doesn't really. I mean, it does in a way because we are always relying on faith and trust in God. Which is a good thing. But I think that people get this mixed up with blind faith. I remember during Martin's apologetics seminar he talked about how Christianity was the only religion where the scripture itself asked its readers to challenge it, and thus find the truth within the scriptural writings. So really, delving into evidence, even challenging it and exploring more about scriptures is a good thing - for th soe who seek truth will find it. And by doing so, i think we can grow so much more because we'll have insight and wisdom. And my TOK teacher's right - I can't walk up to you guys and say 'I'm the queen of the world. Believe it because God says so'. That would be an invalid argument because there's nothing to support it. But our beliefs, our Christian gospel is not the same. There ARE proofs out there, there is evidence that is very strong, thus making our salvation message so much stronger.
Smile
have an amazing day tmrw everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down