Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lUKE CHAPTER 22 DEVOTION

+4
Cathy
Suji
JacobPk
Allan
8 posters

Go down

lUKE CHAPTER 22 DEVOTION Empty lUKE CHAPTER 22 DEVOTION

Post  Allan Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Oh...Well my dad took a whack at my guitar saying he'll do it, but I am actually more worried now. The thing is he did like a good 720 degree turn on the sprocket, turning the inner wires with it, and i think he cut one of them... guess we'll find out at Sunday, if it still works or not

Devotion Luke 22

The infamous betrayal prediction, you know I learned throughout Luke that sin does not discriminate and it will pretty much hunt down anyone it can. People who are suppose to be in tune with God corrupted, and wanting to kill the son of God. It still ticks me off knowing that these so called Godly people, can be corrupted so easily.

It so cool how Jesus used the bread as a metaphor. He said that the bread was his body and broke it into many pieces and shared it among the disciples. I got the message to share the body of Christ, share his unconditional love AND his teaching

Wow betray someone with a kiss. I mean dang. That is cold, and to make it worse Jesus said would you betray the son of man with a kiss. I always was curious with Judas' fate I mean the moment Jesus mentioned about his betrayal Judas' was already given the role to betray Jesus. I always wondered was it fair for Judas to be stuck like this, in this thing he was planned before he was born to do. God gave free will. He gave us the options to live a life with him or without him. But when Jesus made the prediction, Judas was finished, and I wondered was there a different option for Judas.

Well that is just my rant/devo

HAVE A FUN SUPER WACKY FANTASTIC HYPER SATURDAY

P.S. YAH I LOVE FIREFOX MY COMPUTER CRASHED BUT IT SAVED MY DEVO AUTOMATICALLY YAH YAH
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

lUKE CHAPTER 22 DEVOTION Empty Re: lUKE CHAPTER 22 DEVOTION

Post  JacobPk Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:25 pm

I really like verse 26 and 27. Jesus talks a great deal about humility and i want to remind you guys that a leader isn't someone who only leads.
I mentioned this before in my previous devos, i think a leader is someone who can "Lead, Serve and Follow."
Thats why i appreciate our leadership so much. They do all the behind the scenes work and they barel get any recognition for it, but still a huge amount of respect goes to them from me, and i'm pretty sure the rest of our praise team can agree.
I would like to relate humility into verse 46 when Jesus says " Get up and Pray, so that you will not give in to temptation."
Its hard to be humble if we let our pride get to us. How can we humble ourselves to God if we don't have a 100% heart of worship? There has been times and there will be times where we'll think we're really good, but lets not forget who we are really worshipping. We're not doing it for the congregation, we're not doing it to amuse ourselves, but to really offer ourselves to God. Remember although we lead praise, we're worshipping as a congregation.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Suji Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:51 pm

When reading this I didn't really get any message- I thought it was basically the beginning to the story of Jesus's death simply.
What did stand out to me though was that it said at the beginning Satan entered Judas and was called Iscariot.

Does that mean Satan did all Judas is blamed for? or is it that Judas was weak to temptation that Satan took over him??

and if it was prophesied that Judas was going to betray Jesus Christ than theres the argument of whether or not he had free will

and was the purpose of Judas's existence to betray Jesus which in a way lead him to his death?

many questions!
Suji
Suji
minion

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:44 pm

definitely many questions! If God knows and has a plan for us and he decides our future, then do we have free will in a different sense?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:49 pm

SUJI, i was totally thinking the same thing!
The way it was written really made me question whether or not Judas really had any choice at all 'Then Satan entered Judas'. But at the same time can't we say that Satan is enter us and trying to enter us all the time? It's a matter of how strong we stand against him to prevent it!
And this brings me back to what Sam always preaches: humans are the lowest in terms of spiritual power. But becuase we have God, we have more power even than the angels. So even though Satan 'entered' Judas, if he had Jesus and God in his heart, then they could have easily given him the power to overcome it.
So i guess it was choice.
Sorry for the rant.
Hahha this brings up predestination again. We talked about this not too long ago, but I guess it's the most controversial topic in Christianity becuase it ALWAYS comes up:P

See you all tomorrow!
I've been studying for chem for like. 6 hrs and im only through like. half a unit. this is ridiculous Sad
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

lUKE CHAPTER 22 DEVOTION Empty LUKE CHAPTER 22

Post  Joseph Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:25 pm

Hey guys how are u all doing today…hope everything is working out good for you…anyways here is my devotion….

In this chapter it talks about when Jesus is about to be crucified.Jesus tells his disciples to make a preparation for them to eat the Passover. And while they are eating together, in verse 20-22 Jesus says, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. But this hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table. The son of man will go as it has been decreed, but woe to that man who betrays him. Jesus is telling his disciples that when Jesus is going to be crucified, one of his disciples is going to betray him. And in verse 34 Jesus says, “I tell you peter before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.” In verse Jesus is having a conversation with Peter; Peter is going to deny three times that he has never met Jesus. So in verse 57-60, it talks about when Peter denies three times. When the women said that he saw this man sitting with peter, peter said to the women, I don’t know. Second time is when someone else saw him, but Peter denies Jesus again, and lastly is when about an hour later another asserted “Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is Galilean. Then Peter said to the man, “I don’t know what you’re talking about”. Then Jesus looks toward Peter and as peter looked at Jesus, peter remembered that Jesus told him that he will deny Jesus three times before the rooster crows. Overall I found this passage really important. Because in this passage God is telling us that we should always listen what Jesus is telling us. Some times when Jesus is calling us, we might not realize it. Jesus is telling us that we should follow Jesus because he will lead us to the right path.

AMEN…………………

Have a good day guys and cya tomorrow…………..
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Haha so I figured my phone has VOICEDIALS! Sick, now I dont have to look through my contacts and find you guys:) Anyways sorry I forgot the rule, I only found out because I voice dialed Jacob and he reminded me 8==D my brother stepped on dog poo so that sidetracked me for like 10 minutes...So funny.

So the first thing that went of in my head was, why is it called the passover? So I checked in my little foot notes and i found it was used in two different ways, the first was a specific meal that begun at twilight on the 14th of Nisan, sooo I am guessing the meal at midnight on the 14th? Funny my phones monthly billing is the 14th too, the second was this week following the Passover meal, otherwise known as the Feast of Unleavened bread, a week in which no leaven was allowed...Sounds like bread, anyways total sidenote.

So this is the BIG question I have, I read what Cathy wrote about Judas having a choice, but did he REALLY have one? The thing is even before this happens Jesus predicts that he will already do it. Its like a script or something, an actor cant just change it. It seems that Judas was destined to betray the son of man. Well, another explanation could be that Jesus knew that it was going to happen but was praying he was wrong, like when he knew that he was going to die, but he asked GOD for another way. Also when Judas betrays Jesus, I think he was trying to be sneaky, so it was win win for him. He would be seen a disciple that kissed his master, and he would get money, without being labelled a traitor, total side note. One thing that was pretty cool to me was that the criminal says, we are what our deeds deserve but this man has done nothing wrong. Its pretty cool how even though hes about to be crucified he can admit and say something like that.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:38 am

Dog poo's the worst urban poo there is, after baby poo. Stink stank stunk. Hahaha.

So sorry about the late post.
And ditto with Cathy and Suj!

Luke 22

Verse 42, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

MY FAVE. In this hour of darkness, Jesus knows the gruesome death that's ahead of him, and yet, he still has the courage to put it all in God's hands. That's faith like no other, that's love like no other. If we could only approach all the hardships in our lives with the same righteous aggression...

Verse 46, "Why are you sleeping? Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation."

I really liked this verse, because while Jesus was literally waking the disciples in the context of this story, I think it applies to us, too. We live in this world of confusion and darkness and temptation, and Jesus is telling us to wake up. It's not enough to simply 'believe', because even with belief, we can be quick to fall asleep. He says that we need to pray so that we can keep our focus and not let Satan get to us, in our moments without prayer. Prayer is our conversing with God. If we constantly talk to a best friend, then there's no chance anything could go wrong, because you're constantly communicating. But let that go for a little bit, and there's not a guarantee, but there's a greater chance things can go awry. It's like man's second cornerstone for his relationship with God, because you can never have enough of it, it'll only help you to grow and learn, and it'll keep your eye on what is right. Prayer prayer prayer. We all need more prayer. I need more prayer.

SEE Y'ALL TOMORROW! Smile

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:13 am

hmmm ahaha mike and roh we all ended up being late :p... the chinese food hit HARD... i took a massive dump and i swear it smelt like lee town :p

As for the question of Judas and the devil going into him, dont we all have the "devil" go into us daily? and to say that judas didnt have a choice is wrong in my opinion because for instance, Isaac Kim loves to steal. When hes near things of value, he steals them. The cops put him into a position (with out Isaac knowing) where he can steal. What do you think he ll do? Obviously steal. Same thing with Judas. Jesus chose him knowing he ll do these things to him. He obviously has the choice not to, but like the clypto Isaac, he did what he did. I dont know if the devil necessarily took over Judas, just tempted him like he tempts us everyday.

Look sorry about the late devo Sad especially cause i posted the knew "rule". I apologize and ill try my best to do it before 6!

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down