Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke chapter 21 Devotion!!!

+2
Suji
Allan
6 posters

Go down

Luke chapter 21 Devotion!!! Empty Luke chapter 21 Devotion!!!

Post  Allan Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Man studying for the last exam
Just came back from my BIO EXAM!!!........
It was interesting, and i think i messed up but WOW never thought i say this but, "WHO CARES I GOT THE CREDIT ANYWAYS"

10% always remember to give 10% back to your God. I think the only "10%" thing became to heavily depended on, make excuses to not truly give. It's like you half-a$$ing the thing. Oh it said only give 10% percent I can give so much more but, "What the hey!"

The widow gave more than she was "suppose", to give she was not a rich widow, and she was probably having financial troubles. But she was still able to give. Now that is pure in the lord's eye. While the rich man were probably filled with pride when giving the large gifts, because there is pride in that, imagine you make a donation and all you want is people to say "oh look at him and how rich and thoughtful he is", WHAT IS THAT, thats just the most self centered thing you can think of. It is truly beautiful to see that someone like this widow can give a pure offereing. I think it is truly hard for the rich to develop a relationship with God, becasue Money is such a infectious thing to have. But you can do so many things that are pleasing to God with the money the rich have.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Luke chapter 21 Devotion!!! Empty Re: Luke chapter 21 Devotion!!!

Post  Suji Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:33 am

i don't understand how some people can wear high heels all day for work- it amazes me
need to practice wearing them i guess

anyways
In the passage of the widow I saw that qualitiy is better than quantity.
No matter HOW much you do it doesn't matter unless you actually are giving your time, yourself to God.

pretty much it
Suji
Suji
minion

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:41 am

yah think about Rohs devo today, and how we can apply this widow passage to our lives and into our devos.
No later than 6 starting... tomorrow!

I like how Jesus says bad things will happen to you, but you can creatre good things out of it. When you're put into prison, tell everyone within the prison abotu Jesus. Dont' lose hope. You reward in heaven will be great.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:47 am

Good practice today guys/gal(hannah)!!! we sounded good!

A few months back i talked about tithing, i dont want to repost but this was the same ver i posted:
"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver"- 2 Corinthians 9:7 Note the word cheerful. Thats quite the word to use because we might not feel so "cheerful" giving our "time, money and strength" (as sam would say). But its the heart of the giver that matters not the amount necessarily. Like Jesus fed the 5 thousand with little, he can provide us with little so its not really the amount its the "percentage" you know? Like Rohan said today, the millionaire can donate $1000 out of $100 000 but thats only 1% right? but if the student gives $5 out of $25 thats 25%. I think thats why God used the "10%" figure in percentage not amount.

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:00 am

I agree with Suji! There are all these korean fob girls in my school that ALWAYS wears these black heels to school with their uniforms and they just look dumb, because who wears heels to school? pssh.
Sorry I couldn't make it to practice guys. Exams + Cathy is sick!
But guess what my friends came to my house and brought me soup and i feel much better. And I am healed and ready (except not really) to face the brutalities of the chem and french exams i have left.

"I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on." This passage really reminded me of how much God values the heart with which we give offering. GOd doesn't need money - he doesn't ask for offering becuase of the money. But instead, he wants us to be able to sacrifice what we have and give it up to God. This is why he values the money that comes from the widow more. Even though she gave a lot less money then the others, for her she gave so much of the little she had. Whereas with others, they filled themselves with pride thinking that they gave a lot when in fact, what they gave to God is only a small fraction of what they have. I'm really going to try to stop relying on money so much. Lately I've been really conscious of it and cheap and not wanting to give any of it up to charity or to God becuase I'm thinking about all of my expenses. But let's remember that God values the heart in which we can put all those aside, trust that God provides and really give offering with the most passionate hearts.

Hope practice was AWESOME! see you all sunday!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:50 am

v.19 "By standing firm you will gain life."

I really like this verse because it tells us the gift of being a believer. I must admit that there are days when I'm too busy or lazy to do my devos. When I have a test the next morning, I often think to myself that, by studying during the time I usually do my devos, I will get a better mark. The thing is, a better mark is nothing compared to gaining life from believing. Of course, we're in this relationship with God, not because we want to escape from ending up in hell, but because God's amazing. However, knowing that God is the only who can grant us "life", I think it's easier for us to keep our eyes focused on God always.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down