Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 2. and another week of school

+3
Allan
Isaac
JacobPk
7 posters

Go down

Luke 2. and another week of school Empty Luke 2. and another week of school

Post  JacobPk Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:49 pm

i just had Mandoo with McD BBQ sauce. quite scrumptious.

Jesus, Child Prodigy/boy genius.
The verse that stood out to me was what Jesus said in verse 49 "But why did you need to search?" I wanted to point this question out because i want all of us to think about it. Where are times where we ask" God where are you?" I've done it many times before and i'm pretty sure you guys have too. It's easy for us to doubt and question where God is in times of desperation. I'm not saying it's bad, but God is ALWAYS there, we NEVER have to search for him because he's already there. Its just a matter of if we choose to listen to him or not. It's one thing to seek God, to know more about him, to KNOW him, but it's another to search for something when it's right infront of you. You can't expect to understand God with a worldy mentality. You're going to have to open your mind and then realize that God was there along. That is what i got fomr this devo.

Hope you guys have a good school week. Friday!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 2. and another week of school Empty Re: Luke 2. and another week of school

Post  Isaac Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Good job today guys! i think we did very well, very little mistakes but more importantly we were confident, i think....

Im just saying,... in ver 49 "but why did you need to search?...didnt you know that i must be in my fathers house?" sounds kinda scary. If a little boy said that to me, and i was his father... i would kick him. But as we know, hes Jesus.

its cool to read one of his first words in the Bible. And its so epic.
Also another view point of the manger story was a nice refreshing read.

Cya guys!!! have a good week of school... i have decided i need one more week of vacay so im skipping the next week of school entirely Twisted Evil

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Luke 2. and another week of school Empty Luke 2 Devotion

Post  Allan Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:56 pm

No more sparkling wine...I think I drank that thing along every meal I had for the past 2 weeks.
UGH can you die of like fizz poisoning?"

Luke 2
(lol my computer is lagging)

Umm why was the prophecy of Anna so important, why was she important enough to be included in the book of Luke?
Lol using Sam's bible and the bottom section gives a better explanation of things you might not understand, but is this really needed

2:7 Snugly wrapping the newborn was a common practice to keep the child warm Neutral ...Omg come on!

Lol enough jokes

To jesus age is not even a factor. We have this perceptive where with age wisdom is endowed on you. But no. Jesus in a tender age. a age where normal kids can be easily influenced; he was with correct wisdom, and was mature in his answers and questions. I think that in our age we should do more, not be so comforted until we are 21 or what not. I am sure we can do much things, and I think by the Grace of God we will receive wisdom in this new year, that's what I am praying for

k c you guys later
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:31 am

Good job today guys!!! We make me so proud, haha.

Luke 2

I like how we're able to draw comparisons from the different perspectives of Jesus' story that we're presented with in the bible. For example, in Matthew, Jesus' birth is this elaborate explanation and here it's like, a sentence. Hahaha. But it helps you to realize that all of God's actions are done with multifunctional intents.

1. Verse 15: "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."
Verse 20: "The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told."
I think, as much as we figure, "well, an angel came about them and told them to go", we can't underestimate the faith of these kinds of individuals all throughout the bible. It isn't easy to pick up and go to wherever God tells you to go, and this is a kind of attitude towards life that we should aspire to. They trust in Him, aren't like Zachariah (questioning His promises), and know that God will fulfill whatever He said He would. They simply know. So they take the leap of faith and return to find that everything happened exactly as He promised. Awesome.

2. Verse 52: "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."
It caught me off guard when it said that Jesus found favor with God. I guess I sorta figured that was a given, because he's His one and only son. But then it occurred to me, the idea of Jesus also having to earn his favour. I guess, as much as he'd been born the son of God and had certain 'holier' inclinations, he was still 100% human and I'm going to assume he had the same kind of free will that we do - the freedom to choose. So perhaps it was his choice to do everything he'd done, which makes him that much more admirable to be, as opposed to where I used to assume he was a cookie-cutter, almost-robotic life. But he suffered as much as we did, he was tempted by Satan himself, he was challenged, etc. etc. And yet he held his holy ground, despite the world. Pretty sweet.

Have a great FUNDAY, guys! Sad

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:04 am

We were sick today yee

I learned from the repeated verse: Mary kept all these things in her heart and thought about them often.
We encounter many scenarios in our lives, and we see most of them as trivial and forget about them.
Or, on the other hand, things happen in our lives that we expect to happen - in fact, it would be weird if the event didn't happen - and therefore we forget those things as well.
Mary knew her Son was going to be the Son of the Most High, King of Israel, etc. so when the shepherds came to the manger, she could've easily thought, "oh it's because my Son is going to be awesome, of course these people came to see Him."
However, she kept what had happened in her heart and thought about them often.
To a certain degree, everything that happens in our life is important and we really should keep them in our hearts and think about them often.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:36 am

YOYOOOO
haha so i spent 4 hrs today at the library looking at my english being like 'UHHHHH'. i clearly had a very productive day Smile
anyhooo
LUKE 2: This was a generally very nice story to read - the beginnings of Jesus' life and all Smile The only part that kinda struck out to me was
49"Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?"
THis really shows that Jesus has such a sense of belonging in the church - that for him it is so obvious that he would be in his father's house - for there he can share his wisdom with others and spread the love of God. And there he can worship with people of the same faith as himself.. And that sort of reminds me of us and our sense of belonging in the church - we're just so lucky to feel comfortable at church, to be able to come and worship together with everyone else in the Father's house. And I"m so glad we have that privillege. Anyways, I really liked how Jesus referred to the temple as 'the Father's house'. I think that really puts me back into the mindset of considering church to be the house for the HOly Spirit - the House for God. Remembering this is easier when you go to one of those fancy shmancy churches with stain glass and candles everywhere and incense and such. But with us, hi-c on the third floor where it alwyas smells like JOOK and we're just in a room with chairs set up nicely, I think we forget the holiness of church. Now obviously church doesn't lie in the physical building itself, but its our mindset when we go - with what kind of attitude do we go to church? Do we respect it, love it, show love when we are at church with the rest of our congregation? Do we remember that when two or more are gathered in the name of Jesus - that God is there, and thus we are a church that houses God's spirit? Just some food for thought
BE WORSHIPPERS!

Wow im really really really n ot ready to go back to school
SAVE ME NOWWW
SAVE ME NOWWW
SAVE ME NOWWW

haha have a good week everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:47 am

From this chapter, I saw the importance of waiting for God and trusting in Him. Ever since the time of the Old Testament, believers were waiting for God to bring a savior into the world who was like them- a human. They waited such a long time, and finally saw God keeping His promise with the birth of Jesus. Also, after Jesus was born, believers had to wait again for Him to grow, become wise, and save them with love.

So, I think that, as Christians, being patient in our trust is very important. Even though it is extremely hard to wait sometimes for years and years for our prayers to be answered, being patient for a long time only shows the extent of our faith in God. Being patient was never my "thing", and I think I ought to trust in God more in order to wait for His answers.

-Denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down