Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

acts 26 %====~~====D~~o <--Verison 0.002 sexy ehh

+3
Isaac
hannahlee
Steven.Hong
7 posters

Go down

acts 26 %====~~====D~~o  <--Verison 0.002 sexy ehh Empty acts 26 %====~~====D~~o <--Verison 0.002 sexy ehh

Post  Steven.Hong Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:44 pm

From this chapter I learned that When Jesus talked started it to talk to Paul he was very surprise
and Paul started to talk back at him.
When I alway see God starting to talk to someone I always get jealous
because I really want to talk to him!!

-Steven Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

acts 26 %====~~====D~~o  <--Verison 0.002 sexy ehh Empty Re: acts 26 %====~~====D~~o <--Verison 0.002 sexy ehh

Post  hannahlee Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:06 am

Acts 26

Awesome. I love this passage, hearing Paul outline his journey with God in detail. You get to see what radical changes God did in his life, it's craaaazy. But it's funny how their first response is that Paul is going crazy because it all seems almost too drastic and too great.

Verse 22, I like how Paul recognizes that God has been with him to that very day, every day, so that he might testify as he was.

I also like:
28Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"

29Paul replied, "Short time or long—I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."

He's careful and easy not to forcefully impose anything at all, he doesn't argue, he isn't oppressive in his words and testimony, but it's so nonchalant that if I were Agrippa, I'd be even more intrigued. I like how Paul let's his actions and story do all that talking. It reminds me of how when I think of Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, they're very forward, and all about the verbal conversion by feeding you things from left and right. But I think what sets apart Paul here, is how he ensures that he carries an integrity to everything he shares and I think that speaks so much more powerfully than knowledge alone.

Excited to see all of you Friday, when I'm finally free of the chains of SCHOOL. Hahahaha.
Except I get to sing with the teacher band at the winter assemblies that same day. Stoked.

Oh, and I sang Handel's Messiah today. Heaven. On Earth. Sigh.

DON'T FORGET YOUR SECRET SANTA GIFTS FOR EXCHANGE THIS FRIDAY! AND YOUR $5 FOR DINNER!!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

acts 26 %====~~====D~~o  <--Verison 0.002 sexy ehh Empty Re: acts 26 %====~~====D~~o <--Verison 0.002 sexy ehh

Post  Isaac Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:38 am

Hey guys! Is the gifts this friday? i thought it was on christmas eve...

This chapter is great, i agree with Hannah. As it outlines Pauls life before/ during/ after Jesus, it is inspiring.
Like many of you, i was born into a christian household. Jesus was always a priority (because of my hardcore christian mother and father). But until i came to Mil-al i didnt know how in depth this journey was. Im glad i came, but im more glad i joined this team.

Thats just a little about my journey with Jesus.

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:40 am

mhmm, didn't we agree for christmas eve?

Oh its getting exciting. and Festus is a douche. I love the way Paul speaks, so boldly without any fear. He again repeats how he came to know CHhrist and it just encourages me to do the same. I noticed how there are so many of my friends who aren't christians, and i always have that mind "Oh there's time" but there isn't! we don't know when Jesus will come so we have to be READY. Paul just encourages me to just share what is the most special thing to me Jesus Smile cheese aha

Friday Friday!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:23 am

I really liked this chapter because, from Paul's speech, I saw that people can change.
Even though Paul was totally against the teachings of Jesus and persecuted anyone affiliated with him, God appeared to him and chose him to be his servant.
Paul couldn't ignore God's clear sign, and decided from that moment to serve only God.

Paul, saying that he wants people to become Christians in a short time or a long time, assured me that God works in everyone, even the non-Christians. We can tell them all about God and how amazing He is, but ultimately God only knows when those people will accept Christ. I guess all we can do is to be patient and pray for those who don't believe yet.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:11 am

wow this was a pretty killer passage, eh?
Paul defends himself so eloquently..
He retells the story of his Christian journey - and his transformation from a persecutor of Christians to a Christian evangelist receiving the persecution.
This reminded me the power of sharing one's own experiences and testimonies.. A lot of the times we do testimonies at church when someone is getting baptized, confirmed, or just came back from missions, or if they just have a wonderful story to share.. And I remember thinking everytime we share how important it is to share our Christian life with others. yeah, we can always preach about believing in God... But until we can show people how it relaly applies to our lives.. Even though Paul might not have converted these people right away, he definetly sowed seeds.
I remember sam telling us not to be discoruaged if people reject our faith, because most people wont be converted right away - it is all in God's power, but not only that, it comes with timing. God knows when he wants to open up these peoples' hearts, and a lot of the times, it wont' conveniently be when we speak to them. but when we do share, it brings a little more Jesus into their lives - it sows seeds of knowledge so that when t he time comes, they will be able to open up their hearts to aaccept Jesus Smile
that is all.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:22 am

I learned from this chapter that some people just don't realize passion
"This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to Caesar."
The point of Paul's journey was not to be freed from persecution, but rather to help convert people to Christianity
Not everyone will understand this kind of work, because it is obviously very "hard" in terms of views from our society
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down