Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACTS SEIS :)

+3
Michael Ha
Isaac
hannahlee
7 posters

Go down

ACTS SEIS :) Empty ACTS SEIS :)

Post  hannahlee Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:03 pm

ACTS 6

I would just like to know what this Stephen fellow looked like, if his face looked like the face of an ANGEL. I imagine it as something along the lines of a cross-breed between...Ryan Gosling and Josh Groban's voice, visualized. Mmm..ANYWAYS.

This was another one of those chapters where I feel like I'm reading out of a history book, which the Bible essentially is. I like these kinds of chapters, haha.

"It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables."

I was kind of reminded of our own student leaders within the church. The disciples decide to delegate some responsibilities of service to others so that they can pay more attention to prayer and the word - that which would be most critical in driving their ministry forward. And isn't that what we should be doing? So we need to remember that there is a direct purpose behind our daily devos together and prayer times together.

I think sometimes we feel like our strongest manner of serving is through setting up every Sunday, practising every Friday, etc. And while that is a part of it, I've been noticing a lot of other kids in our ministry that are so eager to learn and be able to help us out and, through that, serve in the church..For example, those that consistently help us set up and clean up every Sunday, and we don't even ask. As such, I feel like as leaders, it's also our responsibility to provide opportunities for those that want to serve to serve, and concentrate that much more on working on our own spiritual healths, so as to inspire and watch growth in our ministry. Prayer and the word, prayer and the word..

Hope that made some sense. It does in my head! Haha.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

ACTS SEIS :) Empty Re: ACTS SEIS :)

Post  Isaac Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:13 am

hannah you're quite they horny. calm yourself.

:O gossip.They be gossiping against Steven!
proverbs 17:9 "He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends." Gossip is bad mmmmmkay? I love gossip. But at the same time i realize that its not healthy for the team to gossip. Lets keep gossip on the down low.
Also i did not know steven was a bible name.

ROHAN send the music please Very Happy. Im assuming you are very busy but its thursday night!

E-Sek OUT!
P.s Some of you have been slipping in your devos. And im pissed. you know who you are Twisted Evil
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:29 am

lol hannah <-- works backwards...
that is wack yo

classic story of good guy who has a lot to lose vs. bad guy who wants good guy to lose it all
but i still learned something from this Chapter
in the end when Stephen is on trial and being falsely accused through artificial testimonies and such, he still has the face of "an angel" on
most people will get distressed when they're being blamed unjustly, however Stephen seems to be totally unprovoked by it all.
The reason is probably because the court of men is not the court of God, in that Stephen is unengaged with the world because he knows that God knows what is truly just.
Something like that
Alright, see you guys tmr/today! Let it Rock!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:17 am

What the heck, my post didn't post...
UGH i'm not doing it again, but then again mine was short.
I did do my devo, but didn't really get much out of it, cause i am too dead tired from Semi. I love how the men who tried to question stephen were shut down, and made excuses. Man VS God... who wins? ahaha
See ya tomorrow guys, can't wait!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:08 am

yea, i got my computer fixed
i got my computer fixed
lalala

ACTS 6

v.15 "All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel."

At first, when I read this verse, I didn't really understand it. Then, I was stuck because I felt like I didn't learn anything from this chapter. I knew that this verse stuck out to me for some reason, but couldn't put my finger to it.

Now, this verse shows how Stephen remained holy and peaceful even after being scrutinized by everyone. He wasn't ashamed at all. This reminds me of the time when Jesus was infront of the Jewish people, and didn't show a single sign of remorse or fear. I guess both Stephen and Jesus knew that God would provide for them and that spreading His word isn't something that one should be persecuted for.

-Denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

ACTS SEIS :) Empty Acts 6 Devotion

Post  Allan Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:19 pm

Well I am just ticked that stephen got caught and it's for a greater purpose and next chapter the preist are going o get their on dung ii handed to them. Another thing that really annoyed me is that they used God and moses in such evil ways, for their own benefit saying "Ohh we don't like stephen lets say that he is saying blasphemy against God and Moses oiiii.

*Face on an angel....Hmmmm I wonder...
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:44 pm

HEY FOLKS
sorry this is mad late
but here goes Smile
Kk so Stephen was doing good things for the gospel and he was faithfully working to work miracles among the people. People tried to argue with him, but
V: 10 "but they could not stand up against his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke."
I really like how it says the Spirit by whom he spoke. It really reminded me that when we're defending our faith, we're not alone. We get really scared to defend our faith because we think 'oh im not a good debator' or 'im not wise enough to do this. let someone else defend the faith'. But God doesn't expect us to do it alone. That's why we have the Holy Spirit, folks Smile
It is not out of our own wisdom or knowledge that we can win in faith-based arguments. You can be the smartest theologist in the world, but unlesse the other person's heart changes, no amount of proof or good argument can make someone have a change of heart. Instead, God uses us in order to let the Holy Spirit work - that the Holy Spirit puts the words into our mouths - the Holy Spirit changes hearts.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down