Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama, BOO.

2 posters

Go down

Obama, BOO. Empty Obama, BOO.

Post  Roh Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:20 am

Frankly, I don't know enough about US politics at this point to say that I am in favour of Obama OR McCain (which doesn't matter anyway b/c it's over), but it seems to be very interesting, having been eavesdropping on my nerdy friends talking about it. I really hope that it becomes more than a mere sensation of the "American Dream" where the Black man is a slave in one century and a leader of that same nation in another. He got his celebrity status b/c of many of facts and they don't really include his campaign promises and the viewpoints on which he stand. Things that popularized him are mostly superficial, but critical in today's day in age -- his looks, charisma, public speaking skills, and of course, his minority status. McCain did the bold thing and tried to bring about his own bit of "liberalism" and "new-age" scent into his political standpoint and that was Sarah Palin. I personally believe that she was one of the biggest reasons why he lost. Many traditional, conservative Americans may not want a Black man at the White House, but I'm sure they also don't want a dumb lady that would PROBABLY take over presidency (due to McCain's age) there instead.

Anyhow, enough boring stuff.

Like I shared in my devos yesterday, this one just seems to be a bunch of names. Well, I guess I sort of cheated yesterday by using today's scripture and discussing it in my devos. Just to reiterate, I talked about how every single person in the genealogy seem to contribute big time to the lessons that we learn. And they even seem to repeat mistakes or struggle with the same issues but deal with them in different ways. It's a great way of showing reality and in those struggles and mistakes lie deep-rooted meanings that God rooted in there.

Please listen to the songs and practice!

CHECK YOU EMAILS and REPLY.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Obama, BOO. Empty Re: Obama, BOO.

Post  Michael Ha Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:21 am

I like Obama for two reasons at the moment:
1. Prop 8 (ban on gay marriages in USA)
2. His neutral stance on weed Wink lol jks

Anyways...
So this Chapter was uh.. interesting
I guess the geneology or w/e it's called is important for historians, so they can actually decipher the time and date back to the actually or estimated time of when all these people were living.
Other than that... I got nothing else to say
Onto the next devo~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down