Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OBAMA woohooo

5 posters

Go down

OBAMA woohooo Empty OBAMA woohooo

Post  dennis Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:09 pm

I I love you Obama. He's a shining Like a Star @ heaven
If you haven't already, check out his speech from last night.

Anyway,

Genesis 36

What an exciting chapter- it's just a list of millions of names...

So, that's the only thing I was going to put for today's devos, but I saw that the promise God had made to Jacob's family became true. God said, "A nation and a community of nations will come from you." Esau was blessed not only with livestock and valuable possessions, but a huge number of descendents.

Only when I had looked at the passage more carefully did I realize that the chapter was there to show us that God never fails to bless us in every way. Sometimes, we forget the great things we have in our lives. Other times, we're ungrateful for the blessings, and never fail to ask for more. If we can take the time today to thank God and mention all of the things we have, like family, friends, a house, clothes, food, and church, we could give all the credit to God.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

OBAMA woohooo Empty Re: OBAMA woohooo

Post  JacobPk Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 pm

aha Obama. how i love that guy.
So, we had another dance session today so it was pretty sick.
and i need to start studying! ugh, midterms tomorrow.

I noticed that there times when i dont' pray and do devos and i don't learn as much... so praying before you start really helps. ahaha. just a thought!

SO pretty much it shoes generation after generation of people. But like how Denise said about how much God blesses us, i think we SHOULD give him credit and give it all back to him. Everything belongs to him, so shouldn't eveything be FOR him aswell? We never acknowledge the fact that we are blessed, even at the small things.Also, we've become more corrupt as humans and we selfishly WANT more! This is somehting we need to fixed, to be not spoil and to be honoured and appreciate what we have in life.

God provides! Check Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:28 pm

GOBAMA!
That man's eloquence makes me weak in the knees...Hahaha. Not gonna lie, I copied a transcript of his victory speech from last night. ANYWAYS.

GENESIS 36
We all love genealogy! Haha. Every time there's a chapter like this, I always try to give a go at all the names until I soon begin to feel like I'm being absolutely rude by butchering them in every regard and so I stop. This was my particular favourite from today: "Oholibamah". Probably has something to do with the electoral spirit still hanging in the air...Hahaha. Say it out loud if you don't get it! Very Happy

Anyways, beyond that, I just thought it was neat because obviously we can tell that Esau's line of descendants was ridiculously long.
But if you recall in Genesis 27, when Jacob took Esau's blessing from Isaac, all that Isaac could give Esau was this:
39 His father Isaac answered him,
"Your dwelling will be
away from the earth's richness,
away from the dew of heaven above.

40 You will live by the sword
and you will serve your brother.
But when you grow restless,
you will throw his yoke
from off your neck."

Comparable to Jacob's blessing:
28 May God give you of heaven's dew
and of earth's richness—
an abundance of grain and new wine.

29 May nations serve you
and peoples bow down to you.
Be lord over your brothers,
and may the sons of your mother bow down to you.
May those who curse you be cursed
and those who bless you be blessed."

A substantial difference, no? Neither can I recall God making any specific covenants to bless Esau abundantly with family lineage but here we see that He did and I guess it showed me that we serve a very FAIR God. Perhaps by way of how blessings worked and things back then, Esau didn't necessarily deserve anything more than what Isaac could give him, but God showed him mercy and granted him much more. He still managed to show Esau His love and strike a sort of balance between his brother and him. Jacob may have stolen blessings and birthrights but Esau still was father to a very large family and lived well. So that's pretty much what I drew from today. Our God is a fair God Smile

- H

PS I'm seriously re-evaluating watching Saw V with you guys. I'm thinking that I only got to live through the first three without peeing my pants because of the fact that I was watching it in Spanish and the foreignness added a certain humorous element to it, you know? Or I'd only understand every 3rd word, so I didn't REALLY know what was going on, you know? Or I had two pillows at my aid so I really didn't need to see anything but the back-end of the people getting their bodies torn into bits, you know? Anxiety attack...
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:58 am

yea didnt get much from this chapter....
But hannah makes a good point.
Also whats the point in showing the genealogy? im trying to think of it but no luck.

Come to Saw V buds! Ill be coming in a suit cause the movies right after my business competition and i dont know if i have time to dress down. Can someone dress up a little so i dont look like a douch bag? thanks! :p
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:41 am

mm names
made my day Smile
hahah
i loved obama's speech
i was listening to it while i was prepping my debate today becuase i thought his public speaking skills would like. OSMOSIS itself into me and make me speak like that
lesson of the day: osmosis of talent through listening = EPIC FAIL
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down