Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday

5 posters

Go down

Tuesday Empty Tuesday

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Don't Understand? Trust God

You may be facing a dead end right now - financial, emotional, relational - but if you will trust God and keep on moving in faith, even when you don't see a way, he will make a way.

It will become more understandable as you head down the path he sets before you, but understanding is not a requirement for you to start down the path. Proverbs 4:18 says, "The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining brighter till the full light of day." (NIV) One day you will stand in the full light of eternity and view the big picture. You'll see God's purpose behind the path he specifically chose for you.

In the meantime, do what Proverbs 3 says: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Be patient. God knows what He's doing. God knows what is best for you. He can see the end result. You can't. All those problems, heartaches, difficulties and delays -- all the things that make you ask "why" -- one day it will all be clear in the light of God's love.

But for now, we're learning to trust God.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Tuesday Empty Re: Tuesday

Post  michellee. Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:34 pm

God's love will never fail us.
Wholly trusting in God helps our faith grow, it's distrust that causes us to fall from Him and what God is laying out for us in our lives.
I never understand when something bad, or something that's seemingly unnecessary occurs in my life. I analyze the situation and begin to question things such as, "Was that really necessary?", or, "What was the point of all that"? Most of the time, I never understand why God does what He does in my life. I always get frustrated after something that I don't understand occurs, because I question everything relentlessly, and begin to over-analyze a situation. I get frustrated at the fact that I'm finding and discovering more questions, not answers. I also begin to lose faith in everything as well. I feel done with everything, and feel like giving up. If I don't see a particular purpose for something, I won't understand it, and I guess I'm stubborn in that way when it comes to my relationship with God.
I always want answers, and I think sometimes my soul practically demands them. In the mist of all the hatred, frustration, anger, sadness, pain, sorrow, etc., I don't want to keep pressing forward, I just feel worn out and done with everything. I question what the point is of continuing. But then I remember what I keep learning/hearing about faith. I could choose to abandon everything and walk away, or I can continue to pursue it and grow with God. I could choose to continue to be hard-headed and stubborn, or I could trust in God for what I don't see, because I know God is greater, and knows all. He created the beginning of time and the end of time and calls the stars by name, what justification do I have for not trusting in A Being who is so capable and wonderful?
I think from time to time, I need to constantly remind myself of who God is. I keep questioning Him, and questioning how God is working in my life, just completely disregarding the fact that my God who shaping my life, is controlling the universe in the palm of His hand at the same time. It reminds me to be humble and grounded, to take heart, and keep faith, because my God is so much greater than my problems; He's holding me up.

37 For nothing will be impossible with God.
Luke 1:37 (ESV)

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
Hebrews 6:19 (NIV)
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Kim Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:18 am

We tend to get lost in our life, and not know which way to go. But God will provide us a clear path to walk on, if we trust him fully. We must not use our own understanding to move on in life, as we will go through the wrong way. I remember pastor Daniel mentioning that when people are driving, some can be arrogant and think that they know where to go. But in the end, they get lost, never finding their destination. That is just like our relationship with God. If we become arrogant like those drivers and use our own knowledge, we will never find the correct path. So, trusting God will promise us a correct land to follow, as he is perfect, and never makes mistakes.

Daniel Kim
minion

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jeremy k. Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 am

So many things happen in life that we may simply not understand, events such as Typhoon Haiyan, things that make us question, "God, why did this happen/Why did you let this happen?" The truth is that because we are all sinners and simply aren't God, we will not always be able to truly understand why God is doing or not doing something, but He is incomparably wiser than us, and He has the bests interests of those He loves in mind, even when we don't realize it. Honestly I am having a tough time understanding this concept myself, as when tragedy strikes I am quick to question God, and I can only view the tragedy through my own perspective. One of my favorite verses really relates to today's message and is just a great comfort in times of distress:

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God's love for us is unconditional, everlasting, boundless, and PERFECT. He will never try to harm us, instead he works for the benefit of those who believe in Him and love Him. Trusting God fully is by no means easy, as many times it will conflict with our own understanding, but in the end everything will all make sense.

jeremy k.
minion

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:12 pm

I came home really late and immediately fell asleep. So I'm doing this devo now.

It's so conincidental that this devo focuses on struggles; today has been one of the most difficult. Smile
Well, this devotional is based on trusting God and his decisions or you. Things may not make sense now, but it will one day in the future make sense for you.
But dot blame God for all the ba things that happen to you. There are some things that must be changed by only you; he may only be able to point the way to go.
When things that irritate you happen and you can't do anything about it, dont feel frustrated. Know that there is a reason for it to happen. Seek God and trust his instructions.
Even when it seems like nothing good will come out of it, there is nothing to fear when you're at God's side.
He carries out his work in many mysterious and beautiful ways.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down