Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only God Gives Financial Security Wendesday

+2
Audrey Jong
Pa Ta Rick
6 posters

Go down

Only God Gives Financial Security Wendesday Empty Only God Gives Financial Security Wendesday

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:14 pm

As you enter your Decade of Destiny, it is important that you trust God with your finances. If you want God to bless you financially, you must remain focused on the truth that he is the source of your finances and he is the one who supplies your needs.

What does that mean? It means I'm not looking to an employer for my security. I'm not looking to my savings for security. I'm not looking to anyone or anything other than God to supply my needs.

Let me illustrate it this way: When I turn on the water, I don't really think the water comes from the faucet. I know that the water really comes from a reservoir. It just comes to me through the faucet.

In the same way, the income that God wants to give you may come through a job or through something else. But the source is God.

This means you don't need to worry about which faucet he uses to supply your needs. In a sense he says, "If I turn off one faucet, I can just as easily turn on another. If you lose one job, I can give you another. I am your source, not your job. I am your source, not your bank account.'
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Only God Gives Financial Security Wendesday Empty Re: Only God Gives Financial Security Wendesday

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 pm

I know I don't have a job yet but this can be applied to other situations as well, but I will stick to the topic for now.
I've been learning about the great depression in history lately and I realize that life in the buisness world is so unstable. It's pretty much like gambling. Investing can lead you to better or worse.
In this unstable world, God provides strength to those who seek him. Failure is what everyone is afraid of. Depend on God and trust that he will not let you down. That doesn't mean that you won't be hurt and rejected. Many of those things will be thrown at you and it is up to how you will deal with it. When facing failure, don't worry, he will provide when you have little or nothing left.

Know that God gives you many opportunities, will you take it?
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Only God Gives Financial Security Wendesday Empty Re: Only God Gives Financial Security Wendesday

Post  John Kim Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Like Audrey said, this devo probably isn't directly relatable to all of us since we aren't employed, but I feel that the message that this devo gives is still applicable to us. Like the devo says, we should always remember that everything we do, work for, or try to achieve, he is the root of it all and is the true source and provider of all of this.
So whenever we may go through hard times in our lives financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc. we should always keep in mind that God has a plan for you and He is making you go through whatever you are going through for a reason. As long as you remember to have your faith in Him, He will provide for you and help you get out of those hard times you encounter in your life.
Overall, always just remember to trust in God, and that everything that happens in your life happens for a reason, and that God will take care of it all as long as you have faith in Him.afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro afro

John Kim
minion

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jeremy k. Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 am

This devotional brought a very humbling memory in my life. It was in Azerbaijan when my family was going through some rough times financially; at the time, we literally did not know how we were going to pay for our next meal. That same day God sent ten thousand dollars to our family through an anonymous gift from a family friend who we still to this day do not know the identity of. A message was written, telling us that because we were doing God's work, God was watching over us and showing His love for us. I still vividly remember my parents crying out of joy and thankfulness, myself also feeling moved and grateful. It relates to this devo perfectly: Only God gives financial security.

jeremy k.
minion

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:15 am

It is utterly retarded to rely on the economy for security because the economy itself fluctuates up and down. It is impossible to have a perfect economy because the government will always intervene whether it be increasing taxes making the economy itself lower or decreasing the taxes which will make the economy higher. If we were to rely on the economy and our jobs for finance, we will have a lot of nights where we will be crying and depressed because the stocks your bought crashed or you got fired or the demand for your supply isnt the same anymore. Whatever the reason may be, nothing in the economy is stable and will ever be stable. The only stable structure we can lean on is God and God only. Just like how John mentioned, have faith in God and just do it. Even if you have to take a loan and you already own a huge debt, just believe in God and believe that he will provide for you. God can do anything, and you never know what may happen.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:57 am

I feel that the nutshell line for this devo is that Nobody but GOD can provide consistent financial security. While the choice on whether or not to provide it is His own.

And often times, I feel that the second part of that statement sort of outlines why anybody would go through financial struggles. While tangible ideas might change and work one way, God is putting that direction into motion, and really, if we ever wanted to hope for something moving to stop moving, it's a good idea to ask what moved it first to stop it. To illustrate; God is pushed this ball into motion. However, we, who see this from the side, ask God "Please! Stop the ball!" Only he can stop the ball because there is no equivalent force to him and through the superiority in force, God controls all things.

There is no wall we can rely on, there is no speed bump, there is no way in any concept we could possibly conceive and fully comprehend that we could be able to "stop that ball."

Only God can.
Simply because that He's not only Alpha, but also the Omega.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  michellee. Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:10 am

The economy has developed quite a reputation for being unstable and unreliable. Not just that, even businesses, investments, and or anything else that involves the use and exchange of money seems to present an unfavourable instability. So why should we rely on these ever-changing, unpredictable conditions? When it comes to money or any other aspect of our lives where we see a source of some sort, we have to realize that ultimately, the actual source is none other than God. God is the one who provides for us in our time of need. When we feel hopeless, done for, and lost God's the one who provides hope, helps us back up, and sets us on the right track. Only God is able to do these extraordinary things. We can't rely on things of the world to carry us through to meet our daily needs.
Almost everything is variable (especially the economy), but the only one thing that is constant is God. He stands firm through any situation, He's reliable, and unchanging. These are a few of the reasons of why we should depend on God alone. So the next time we feel helpless in anyway, we have to look upwards to the God who provides. Trust Him.

31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
Matthew 6:31-32

19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down