Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August 25th

2 posters

Go down

August 25th  Empty August 25th

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:38 pm

What stood out to me this week was the verse Dan mentioned about how we should be prudent instead of simple. We cannot always take the short road in life.
We make our own decisions and we cannot expect to gain improvement by doing nothing.
i remember there were four stages.
1.Action
2.Sacrifice
3.Embarrassment
4.relief
by going through all of these stages, you have successful with whatever you have been working on.
It is up to you to make the decisions to change and take action to change your path, if you don't you have no one to give fault to but yourself
lates
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

August 25th  Empty Re: August 25th

Post  James Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Proverbs 27:12

The prudent see danger and take refuse, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.

The verse fits so well into yesterday's sermon, and I loved how Dan gives us examples that we can apply to.
From video games to grades, something drastic must happen in order for it to decline. And something must be sacrificed in order to have something substitute that problem.
This reminded me of the retreat, when Jina gave an analogy about sacrificing things with our everyday lives.
It involved a water-bottle full of sins and how those sins must be removed to have God within our lives. And the more filled we are, the harder it'll become, heading toward a path of suffering/sorrow Sad
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down