Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 26th

3 posters

Go down

May 26th Empty May 26th

Post  James Mon May 27, 2013 12:29 am

Yeni's last week Sad
I found it astounding to see Joseph forgive each and everyone of his brothers. And he truly did emphasize that God put him to where he was.
Genesis 45:5 - For God sent me before you to preserve life.

We have to remember that Joseph wouldn't have shown much mercy without God's grace.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

May 26th Empty Re: May 26th

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon May 27, 2013 5:52 pm

i agree with James about how Joseph forgave his brothers as they pretty much threw him out and hoped for him to die. But not only does he forgive them, he believes that it was all God's plan. Joseph is not angry with his brothers because it was God's will for Joesph to be sold to Egypt.

We have to always remember to forgive others. It is terrible to hold a grudge onto someone just forgive and forget and move on.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Mon May 27, 2013 11:19 pm

I never really payed attention to how strong the message the story of Joeseph had...
This Sunday emphasized on the importance of forgiveness and the question, "After forgiveness, how do I heal?"
In Joseph's case, he was sold by his older brothers to Egypt. Once he had power over Egypt and meets his brothers again, it would have been much easier to just get revenge and punish them in some way. Joseph could've done pretty much anything, he had power over them. But he chose to do what every human struggles to do: Forgive.
In Genesis 45:5 (I think), Joseph doesn't show anger towards his brothers but is grateful to see them and explains that all that the brothers had done to him was God's purpose in Joseph. It's amazing how God can turn something that seemed bad into something good. And Joseph had recognized that.

How do you heal instead of cope?
You must keep on forgiving. As mentioned in a past sermon: It is not your job to do the punishing, leave that to God.
God forgave everyone, we should do the same.
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down