Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 26th

+2
Cathy
Isaac
6 posters

Go down

May 26th Empty May 26th

Post  Isaac Mon May 25, 2009 10:27 pm

jo momma
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

May 26th Empty Re: May 26th

Post  Isaac Tue May 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Wadddup home slices? aha

Proverbs 11:1
"The Lord detests the use of dishonest scales, but He delights in accurate weights."
Dishonest scales... What i got from this verse is that you can have double standards, especially since we are all leaders. I shouldn't hide anything from one person in this team when i told something to another person. Were all supposed to be family right? But this obviously only involves something that affects THE TEAM. Like if its something personal the yea...

11:13
"A gossip goes around telling secrets, but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence."
This really stuck out to me. With the team struggling ive been doing what i do best... stress... aha. And honestly during these times secrets, gossip, and "dishonest" scales are not what we need on this team right now.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Hey guyssss
So Ive been having so many nightmares lately and i'm genuinely concerned for my psychological well-being. And same as Isaac, stress is definetly a hugeeee weight on my shoulders lately.
So i went to verseof the day and I found a verse taht I'm sure taht we've all heard and proabably had to memorize once or twice for missions or discipleship or something.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight."
— Proverbs 3:5-6 —

I've been having a lot of struggles with this whole 'trust' thing. Whether it be at school or stuff going down at church I forget that really in the end, it's all up to God and his will. So instead of stressing out trying to take the burden on our shoulders and trying tod o the best we can to solve a problem, we should remember that sometimes, all that can be futile, because at any moment God can step in and do everything we were failing to do in the snap of a finger, or if it wasnt in his willa t all, he can completly take away everything youve been working for. And I think this is where people stumble a lot, when they feel like their efforts have just been taken away or gone to waste - and we start feeling like we're not good enough or whatever. But maybe we were supposed to just hand it over to God, because he is the one that can gtake what little we give him and multiply it and make into something thats so much greater. So by acknowledging that God is above all powers, and by giving up our attempt at grasping onto things and claiming that they're ours, this verse suggests that God will make our paths straight. Not only will this humble us in knowing that God's power is so much greater than ours, but I think it can really take a huge load off the shoudler. And by stressing less, we can love more.. Which is really what God wanted for our lives, right? Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Tue May 26, 2009 10:43 pm

So today has been the most exciting and also the most stressful day of my life. Basically, I need to decide which university I'm going to by Thursday, and I visited McMaster. Now I am totally confused as to which university I should go to................................. URGH.

Anyway, I wasn't sure which passage I should read today, but when I opened my Bible, it turned to Ecclesiastes 7 for me. This chapter was about wisdom, but some of the verses did not really speak to me at all. What I did learn and am taking away from reading this passage is that, sometimes, overthinking is not healthy and not righteous. Overthinking is like being "overwise", and this chapter taught me to be patient and leave my decisions up to God.

I was honestly panicking today because I couldn't come to grips with the fact that I, and I alone, had to make this decision of university. dun dun dun. But from having read the Bible, I'm feeling a little more peaceful at the moment.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue May 26, 2009 10:55 pm

I feel like we're carrying a trend here, haha. I feel like I've been maxed out and life is a jerk right now, so I read a verse on worrying, too!

Matthew 6:25

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

It's something that we all know but is harder to engulf and really believe. Stressing out will not do a thing, and quite frankly, there is not a hint of positive movement that can come of it. In our darkest times of trouble, we need to trust that God will take care of us and that He will find a way to provide. I'll admit, while I know it, I have a hard time having real faith in His power to see me through the bad, but I'm gonna try to practice this more consciously on a day-to-day basis.

He will provide. I've just gotta trust.

Happy Humpdays tomorrow, everyone!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed May 27, 2009 12:37 am

forget STRESS< you guys are all soft.
nah i'm stressed too. suck it up boys and girls!

Mathew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you

This doesn't mean, go call someone fat because they called you stupid. Or punch them in the face if they kick you in the shin.
It means go do things that would please God. Have something to return, but something that will glorify God. SO instead of knocking out a kid when he swears at you, you do somethign Jesus would do, and give something in return, but it will glorify God. SO i thoguht about some scanerios and this is what i came up with. IF a guy you don't really like comes and takes some of yoru lunch, don't punch him in the face, instead, offer him more and be humble about it. EVentually that douchebag will feel bad about it. But don't let him take advantage of you. Be humble but not to the point where you are being used by someone else. I don't know what i'm getting at it here, but i thoguht it was interesting haha.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Wed May 27, 2009 1:05 am

Matthew 7: 1-6 "Judging Others"

I like the line "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, let me take the speck out of your eye, when all the time there is a plank in your eye" in a sense the writer is stressing how we critize and judge others about small things when we should be fixing much bigger things with ourself. One thing I have come to hate is those that judge but ironically I find myself doing it all the time. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged" that is a little warning haha.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down