Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The message(genesis:19)

3 posters

Go down

The message(genesis:19) Empty The message(genesis:19)

Post  Steven.Hong Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Hello people!
genesis 19
This story was pretty weird.. Alot of ugly stuff happening, like giving up 2 daughters which are virgins to people to have it with themm.
From this story I got that God can destory anything in like a second.. Be scared guys Imagine God coming to the world now
and blasting us off and killing us..
That would be very sad...
When I read this I felt sorry for Lot he lost his wife because she turned around and she was turned into a pillar of salt

-Steven Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

The message(genesis:19) Empty Re: The message(genesis:19)

Post  dennis Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Genesis 19

In this chapter, we can see sin enter Abraham's family through Lot's family. First, Lot's wife looks back at the city (disobeying the angels), and turns into a pillar of salt. Then, Lot's daughters get their father drunk, sleep with him, and bear his children.

God showed mercy to Lot's family when He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because He saw that they were holy. However, quickly after wiping out the sinful cities, sin started again in Lot's family. This shows how easily we, humans, give into sinful temptations, even when we witness God's blessings on us. Why can't we just live holy lives? I think the answer to this question is that the world in which we live is very corrupt and tempting, and God knows this fact. He just wants us to try our best in living according to God's will.

On Sunday, I was in the adults service, and Pastor Mark spoke. He said that God is like a dad teaching his baby how to walk. Just like a dad who finds joy in his baby trying to walk, God is so happy when He sees us get up from a fall and try over and over again to get rid of our sins.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

The message(genesis:19) Empty Genesis 19

Post  Allan Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:08 pm

Wow What has happened to lot's family. How can Abrham and Lot be so different. We can see clearly that Humans are very weak to sin and we fall easily too, and when you induldge yourself in it we start to lose the border line of good and evil, and thats what happened in Sodom. I can;t beleive that Lot can just throw his daughters like that. and Lot's wife I mean come on it was a simple instruction don't look back. Whta is there to look back well "Curiosity Killed the cat", umm thinking about this could curiosity be leveled into sin someone how, becasue looking back alot of sins happened cause of curiosity
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

The message(genesis:19) Empty Re: The message(genesis:19)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down