Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sept 27

+3
Sarah Oh
jaake kwon
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Sept 27 Empty Sept 27

Post  Kevin Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:51 am

Proverbs 3:1-4

1 My child, never forget the things I have taught you.
Store my commands in your heart.
2 If you do this, you will live many years,
and your life will be satisfying.
3 Never let loyalty and kindness leave you!
Tie them around your neck as a reminder.
Write them deep within your heart.
4 Then you will find favor with both God and people,
and you will earn a good reputation.

In the first list below are the names of fictional and factual people who have become identified with a certain reputation.
See if you can match each name with the corresponding reputation:

1. Benedict Arnold 2. Midas 3. Ebenezer Scrooge 4. Michael Jordan 5. Attila the Hun 6. Pocahontas 7. Hercules 8. Albert Einstein 9. Michelangelo 10. Romeo

A. Barbaric B. brave C. artistic D. miserly E. romantic F. smart G. traitorous H. rich I. athletic J. strong

How'd you do? If you got less than half right, don't sweat it; it's only for fun. If you got all of them right, substitute your name for Albert Einstein's! More important than how many you got right is this question: If your name were on that list, what sort of reputation would your friends, family, and others identify with you? If the words kind and merciful were in the right-hand column, would anyone associate those words with you? If so, then you have already begun to establish a reputation for kindness and mercy. That should not only make you feel good, but it can also protect you and provide for you. A reputation for kindness and mercy will tend to make other people want to hang around you. It will often prompt people to be understanding toward you. It may open doors of opportunity for you to help others and, perhaps, be helped yourself. If the words kind and merciful would not be associated with you, it's not too late to begin cultivating kindness and loyalty. Then, as today's Bible reading says, "you will find favor with both God and people, and you will gain a good reputation" as you begin to reap the rewards of showing mercy to others.

REFLECT: Proverbs 22:1 says: "Choose a good reputation over great riches, for being held in high esteem is better than having silver or gold." Why do you think this is true?

PRAY: "God, I really want both you and people to think well of me. Today I'm going to... be especially kind to by doing..."
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Sept 27 Empty Re: Sept 27

Post  jaake kwon Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:06 pm

I guess this one isn't a topic that I've been keeping in mind directly. Maintaining a good representation and looking at yourself. I think as we grow up, we get taught to just be less self conscious, and think more about other things, instead of thinking about just, yourself in general. It became a habit to the point where you simply didn't see yourself, and only cared about others. I think what this chapter is letting us know is that we shouldn't always be caring about others, or rather, when we can, we should look after ourselves. Jesus loves it when we take good care of our brothers and sisters, but he also loves it when we take care of ourselves and reflect upon our actions.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:40 am

Will post another time! Got to finish theory -_-
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:26 am

YES! done my math homework for da week! It's past midnight though......
Be a good role model and demonstrate what God's love and compassion is. keep his word with you and contunue to grow in faith. That's why i like the first verb in chapter 4....
"My child, never forget the things I have taught you.
Store my commands in your heart."

It reminds me of that verse in psalms i think that dan tried to have us all memorize:
"I have hidden your word in my heart so that i may not sin against you."

Sorry I dont have too much for todays....
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:29 pm

I think this message could apply to everyone on this team.
Like Pastor Daniel Joo, Dan Kim, and even Moses said to us, we are leaders of this ministry. People are going to look at what we do and follow us, therefore we have to build a good reputation and influence people positively. Not only are we going to be helping others, we are also helping ourselves and following God's commands.
See ya Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 pm

If we have the thoughts and control deep inside our heart we can control our actions and supervise our words to ensure that we have a good reputation and are leading the ministry well.

Remember PAstor Dan Jooo Specificily telling us that we are the leaders of the ministry meaning that we must represent the ministry. If we go around cussing and doing bad things what would the ministry think of us? We are the role model of the ministry and we have to guide them and represent.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:15 am

Just a thought guys. If people can't find favor in us, how can God?
Think about it like this, out of all our friends, do they know EVERY sin we've committed?
Probably not. Because that is so, it's easier for them to find favor in us. God knows every single sin, we've ever commited in our lives. So if simple human don't view us as good people, how could God, who we hurt everyday?
But that is his grace. He overlooks all of our sin. We sure don't deserve his grace, but it's his compassion for us that gives us forgiveness, and love when we shouldn't have any of those.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:43 am

Do you guys ever have that problem where the whole text box just jumps down the page... LOL I hope someone knows what I mean... anyway!

You know, we do these devos and we talk about how we're going to "really work on it"... but do we really?
Do you guys really? I'm going to be honest. I'm not always "really working on it". I forget by the next morning.
But let's all try to really keep what we read and learn through this forum, in our hearts and in our minds.

Live by the things you learn here!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:50 pm

sorry for not posting before...soo much homework, presentations, tests, and assignments i had to work on...anywhoo
we have been told from MANY people that we are leaders of the ministry, therefore, we are to set an example for others and keep as much of a clean reputation as possible. God has specifically chosen us to be a part of the praise team, and it isn't easy. to set an example for others, yet not making ourselves seem higher or greater than others. we have been chosen to guide others and help them in their Christian walk as we are going through our own as well.
good night!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down