Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't slack off guys!

Go down

Don't slack off guys! Empty Don't slack off guys!

Post  Roh Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:07 am

Hey guys! I hope your thanksgiving weekend is going well. I missed family dinner tonight cause I had so much work to do! Sad, I know. Sad But it's okay, cause it'll pay off. Only four days of school for you guys this week! That's exciting too. We'll finally have praise practice again this Friday too (it feels like it's been SO LONG). So get excited!

Also, please keep up with your devos, cause some of you guys have been slowing down!

GENESIS 12:

Two big events occurred in this chapter. First, God told Abram (his name was changed to Abraham later Isaac, if you were wondering) to pick up all his stuff and leave the country to go to Egypt. Of course, he faced hardships there. He had to literally give up his wife for his life (sick rhyming). It must've been so hard to do that. He was 70, meaning he must've been married fo like a good 55 years. Imagine having to lie about that kinda stuff and have to give up your wife of five and a half decades? It must've been heart-breaking but Abram thought ahead and wanted to preserve his life for the Lord.

One thing you need to see here is that this is one of many times where the Lord sort of just told him what to do without much reason and Abram simply trusted the Lord. It's tough, but he was a man of faith. Like Sam said, faith consists of many things. But it's like taking what God has already given you. God knew that Abram was going to be the father of many nations and was going to do amazing things for God -- arguably one of the top 5 men of God throughout the Bible. So when Abram had to give up his life for the first time and follow God, he was committing the rest of his life.

Stop, drop, and roll! Haha, cheesy, but only if we could do that.
Keep praying to God and ask him to show you what he wants in your life.
I've done it many times and God has shown in numerous ways.
God even brings special people into your lives to remind you of how good he is and how he wants you to work together for his kingdom. Take that step of faith and live for him.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down