Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zechariah 7 Dec 21

2 posters

Go down

Zechariah 7 Dec 21 Empty Zechariah 7 Dec 21

Post  Kevin Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:04 am

sd
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Zechariah 7 Dec 21 Empty Re: Zechariah 7 Dec 21

Post  Kevin Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:06 am

5 “Say to all your people and your priests, ‘During these seventy years of exile, when you fasted and mourned in the summer and in early autumn,t was it really for me that you were fasting?

This passage brings me to the topic of sacrifice.
When the men of this passage fasted, they didn't do it for God, they did it for their status.
Sacrifices we make such as praise team, we give up our time and social life for what?
Not to have fun or be up on stage, but ultimately FOR god.
Things like fun and growth come hand in hand but at the end of the day, let's remember why we're doing it.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:37 am

Wow.... Come on. I've got 2 more isus due, and a chem test tomorrow. If I have the time to do my devo, so should you guys..
How did only ONE person manage to post today? That's really disappointing. Step it up, guys.

In this passage, it asks WHY we do what we do. As the praise team, are we on stage just for the sake of being on stage or are we really doing it for God.
I'm pretty sure all of us have, at least once, went up in front of the congregation with the wrong mindset.
And to put it bluntly, it's virtually USELESS to be going up if you aren't doing it for God.
I know that sounds harsh but it's true. You're basically singing/playing your instrument for something you don't even feel, yourself.

It also says, "do not plot evil against each other".
Really, would you want someone to plot evil against you? No, I didn't think so.
It doesn't matter who the other person is, you should always treat them how you want to be treated!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down