Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zechariah 13

3 posters

Go down

Zechariah 13 Empty Zechariah 13

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:02 pm

sorry that I haven't been posting lately......had a really busy week....

This chapter was quite short, but I think the only thing that caught my attention was verse 2 and 3:
"And on that day, I will erase idol worship throughout the land, so that even the names of the idols. I will remove the from the land both the false prophets and the spirit of impurity that came with them. If anyone continues of prophesy, his own father and mother will tell him, 'you must die for you have prophesies, his own father and mother will stab him.'"
Wow, that's quite heavy...but I think that they are talking about the day of Judgement....and how God has an exact time of when he will get rid of all the false prophets and have all the one's who chose to take the wrong path be punished. I'm not sure if it's the day of Judgement or not but I know it's about how one day God will do all this. Since none of us know the day of Judgement will be, this part of the chapter is once again telling us that we need to turn to God.

Alrighty! That's it......good night!
Cool ~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Zechariah 13 Empty Re: Zechariah 13

Post  Sarah Oh Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:48 am

Hi everyone!!
Sorry i didn't post yesterday!!
I didn't get anything from this verse. Im kinda tired, so my brain isnt really thinking atm.
Sorry!!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:34 am

This chapter shows that disobeying God can bring you great pain and disappointment. The fountain in the chapter, is a symbol of the Lord and it will cleanse us of all our sins and also banish all idols form the land. It willl remove all the impurity on the land and for those who still cause sin, and are impure will be punished for disobeying the lord and turning their backs on Him. They will see their fault and sacrifices will be made.

From verse 7, it is really important because it explains a scenario with the usage of sheeps lol..
It basically is saying that if you disobey the Lord, his people will scatter and be alone, and i think what "2 thirds will be struck down and 1 third will be left in it" means that 2 thirds will dishonor the lord but the other portion will stay with the Lord. They will bow down to God and call him Lord and The Lord will say " these are my people "

This chapter is basically saying that it is best to stay faithful with God because he always knows whats best for us and if we disobey him there will be punishments. If it seems that God isnt with you, always stay strong and continue to try to talk to Him and stay FAITHFUL.
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down