Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 4 Nov 3rd

+2
Audrey Jong
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Acts 4 Nov 3rd Empty Acts 4 Nov 3rd

Post  Kevin Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:24 pm

sd
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Acts 4 Nov 3rd Empty Acts 4 October 3rd

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Ok, so this chapter was telling us a story about how Peter and John and the strength to continueto preach and praise God. It's because the council did not like what they saw. So they arrested them but the Holy Spirit was with them. Peter explained that they have done nothing wrong as they say in verse 9: "We are being questioned today because we've done a good deed for a cripled man. He was healed by the powerful name of Jesus Christ." The council couldn't argue with them so they kept on warning them not to spread the word and they threatened them but they still followed God. Soon, the councils gave up because they had nothing to argue about and had not found what have they done wrong.

Alright, I gotta go and rest because i hurt my ankle bad at soccer!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Very Happy
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Acts 4 Nov 3rd Empty Re: Acts 4 Nov 3rd

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Sorry i didnt post for 3 days. Everything is so hectic at school.
Anywaaayyy.....

In this chapter, Peter and John were preaching and spreading good news about Jesus Christ. However, the elders and leaders didn't like this. So they questioned the apostles about their teaching. Peter was filled with the holy spirit and claimed to the people that they were able to heal a cripple because of Jesus's power and glory. This shows me that i can do anything with the help of God and that I shouldn't be afraid.
Thats about it........
See you guys soon~~~
Sarah tongue
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:05 pm

13 The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus.
this verse kinda made me laugh because they say they have no special training with the scriptures, but then they go on to say that they had been with jesus! isnt that special training or even better?! LOL anywho..
but what i learned from this section, is that being bold in God's name will both get you in trouble sometimes, ridiculed and shunned sometimes, but you will always have the Christian community behind you, and most of all God! so there is not much of a risk in being bold in God's name Very Happy in a good way. ahah
thatssss pretty much all i got for today ahaha
byeeeee guys!
im going to the science centre tmr Smile heheheh
bye!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:35 pm

hi everyone! ughh i wrote a useless science test about the rules, lab equipment and things i learned in gr 6...skool has been sooooo hectic for me. well today the internet connection hasnt been too shabby for a change...
k so this chapter tells us that peter and john had preached about God but the elders and leaders didnt like it so they arrested them. eventually they got released and peter and john went back to their people and told them all wht had happened and what the people had said. in verse 24: when they heard this, they raised their voices together in prayer to God. "Sovereign Lord," they said, "you made the heaven and earth and the sea, and everything in them" when peter and john got arrested it sort of reminded me of the second reatreat back in september when we played pilgrims progress and we learned a valuable lesson about being Christian means that we will get questioned and have hard times like how Jesus did. of course that is on a bigger scale, but it made me realize that God will be with us ALL the time. and since God is with us, we will be filled with the holy spirit like how oeter had been filled with it when healing the crippled man.
thats it for now~ Smile
hope you all have a great friday Very Happy

Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:27 pm

hey guys, i didn't get much from today's reading
I'll see you all soon!

And esther has some stuff goin on so she wont be posting
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:01 am

Hey guys!
i wont be at practice this week im going to buffalo! haha Smile

I didnt really get much from this chapter other than how everyone who believes are together as 1 heart. thats the heart of God. Nobody should claim any of their posessions as their own but to share with others. We should piut others before us and give to others before we claim as our own.

sorry its shor tguys!

goodnnight!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down