Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 2nd

4 posters

Go down

Oct 2nd Empty Oct 2nd

Post  Kevin Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:15 pm

So cold
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 2nd Empty Re: Oct 2nd

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:31 am

Hey guys
Today Pastor Mark read one of my favourite passages of the bible hahah.
Romans 12 1-2!

But, what I thought I would reflect on how he said don't conform to those of this world. Conformity means to do something because everyone else does it. He said we as Christians should try to not be the same as everyone else. Why? It's because since we are christians, we are holy in a sense because of our relationship with God. We are a bit more set apart, we are different. However, sometimes, we can't HELP but sinning. One thing that gets to me as that I have habits of swearing and I absolutely can't stand it when people say, you're christian, why do you swear? Christian doesn't mean being perfect, it means to love God and believe that he accepts you even though you have those VERY flaws.

Yeah I liked today's sermon
Got tons of WORK to do...
gnuight
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:45 am

josepeuh cant do devos today because he got in trouble kekeke he says hell do it tmr Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:52 am

i believe it is time to make a new sunday reflection thingy.
I LIKED TODAYS SERMON Smile
i think that trying not to conform to the ways of the earth was kind of my way of thinking from day one! i hated being just like everyone and having to do things just because everyone else is doing so! even so, i still have trouble getting sucked into wondering what people will think of me if i do certain things someway. but all in all, i totally agree with pastor mark's sermon tday.
i think that one thing we should remember is taht what he is trying to say is that God loves us for who we are! we should do things that feel natural for us to do and in our own way, and if that coincidentally falls into the same thing that everybody else is doing, it shouldnt stop you. What im trying to say is that we shouldnt strive to do everything different from everyone else JUSt to be different you know? i think what pastor mark was trying to get was to not be afraid to be different if that's just YOU! Smile be genuine Smile
i think its a really good thing to engrain in ourselves because conforming ourselves to society not only is hurtful to our relationship with God, it is unhealthy for us! Razz coincidence? i think not. aha
anywho! hope we have a great week Very Happy
nighhhttt
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:30 am

Sorry I didn't post last night guys, I forgot about devo's last night.

Yesterday's sermon was from romans which I got to do a couple of times actually. And you know, trying not to conform to this world is actually really hard, if not the hardest things to do, its the same as not sinning. We still sin knowing that sinning is unholy and not pleasent to god's eyues, but yet we still do it whether we know it or not. For example, when we see our friends getting a ps3 and you don't, you go bother your parents for it untill you get it, conviting. You see your friends smoking and you're smoke. Conforming to this world is something very difficult especiually for me. Its difficult because we live in this world and by nature, we were made to adapt into our enviroments. We grew soo far apart that we put sin in our nature....

That's it for now I guess, ill be working tonight so ill be posting late tonight guys.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:19 pm

hey guys aha
honestly i didnt listen much but i do remmeber romans verse 1-2
and basically said that we shouldnt be followers just because everyone else is doing it.
even if its bad, and everyone does it, you shouldnt be one of those followers. You should be one of those people who choose your own way and the right way. Which is the way of God, because it is truly the right way.
sorry its short Razz
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: