Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 8

2 posters

Go down

July 8 Empty July 8

Post  julian Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Post here!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

July 8 Empty Re: July 8

Post  Esther Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:08 am

Alright, so I just read 2 peter 2 and basically, it was talking about what kinds of people God punishes and how God will save the righteous.
I don't really have much to say for it and I didn't really take in anything special.
So, hopefully I'll get something for the next one.

Goodnighht guys! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:48 am

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting yesterday... I felt pretty exhausted. Today was the same, maybe a little less? I guess work is starting to get used to... which I'll be continuing throughout university, hopefully, at the campus Tim Hortons! Very Happy

Hebrews 5 was a little difficult for me to understand at first, but I did come up with a few things I could discuss with you guys. The first is that I feel as though the priests in the bible were considered at the time to be God's representatives, similarly to how the kings were seen as such (if you look back in history). They offered both gifts and sacrifices to sins, making offerings for the people as well as HIMSELF. But then Jesus came to this earth and did so much; so much in that he would be forever a priests in the order of Melchizedek (which I'm not sure what it refers to). The chapter also deals with the issue of immaturity and provides a good analogy, suggesting that milk would be for the infants, while solid food would be provided for the mature. It almost seems like our milk that we need should be the core and essential faith that we really need, whereas the solid food is simply that of DOING and performing the tasks that God gave us to do, I feel... I might get back to this tomorrow!

Take care guys, hope practice goes well! Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down