Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 7

Go down

July 7 Empty July 7

Post  julian Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:12 pm

Post here! Very Happy
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

July 7 Empty Re: July 7

Post  julian Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:22 am

Hey guys! Working at Timmies can be pretty tough... significantly more than you would think you'd have to go through. Please do keep praying for me and my training, as this IS getting pretty crucial! I'm depending on you guys, haha! But work IS tiring... I can understand why Billy gets pretty tired from work! :O

So Hebrews 4 discusses about the idea of the Sabbath. There honestly wasn't too much from this, but I guess I could talk about it.
I happened to watch a video from giivideo on youtube on Why the Bible is so Repulsive - this question came up about the sabbath; Just because you work on the wrong day of the week, you must die? I don't find this a hard question to answer; practically all sins that were written in the books of the OT had talked about a death penalty, and breaking the sabbath is surely one of them. So sure, we SHOULD die - for any sin being committed. It goes to say that God intentionally made a day for rest, but working on a day where God deliberately planned for rest would just be blasphemous, right?

An interesting verse I find is number 10; For the person who has entered His rest has rested from his own works, just as God did from his. When I think about 'resting from his own works' part, I think about leaving everything that we DID, MADE HAPPENED, and so forth - leaving it off aside and casting it into prayer. Our sabbath, as Christians, simply consists of worshiping and truly casting all else aside for the God of all things!

I might repost tomorrow, seeing if I can add more. God Bless, guys!
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down