Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 18 May 26th

4 posters

Go down

Luke 18 May 26th Empty Luke 18 May 26th

Post  Kevin Thu May 26, 2011 12:07 am

asdasdasdasd
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Luke 18 May 26th Empty Re: Luke 18 May 26th

Post  jennifer Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm

42 And Jesus said, “All right, receive your sight! Your faith has healed you.” 43 Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God. And all who saw it praised God, too.
i think that this verse, although a tangible jesus christ isnt walking on the earth, preforming miracles, those who have faith in Him, see those "hidden treasures" throughout their days and find that they feel the presence of God more in their lives in general. Its truely important to keep your faith in God strong through the ups and the downs! This is also psychological. If you dont hae faith that God will stay by your side throughout everything that you go through, you wont even notice him when hes trying so hard to embrace you! If you have faith that God can do anything and everything, your eyes will be opened to his small and huge miracles that he preforms even today Smile
sorrry that was short! there were alot of parables nd stories that ive heard of may times over, and just couldnt find something new to see within the stories today! maybe if i come back to them later ill see something new!
kay bye guys! Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri May 27, 2011 12:03 am

Im sooooooo tired, lots of campaining and stuff for our student council elections tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get the position as grade 12 rep! Well most of all, hope God has that in his plans for me Smile

In this chapter, I could go on and on about a lot of different things, but I mainly got a lot about FAITH in this chapter. Every parable in this chapter talks about your faith in God.
How do we go to heaven? Says here to follow to ten commandments, and give up everything for God if he asks you to. To enter heaven, you must be like a child.
Wow, deep stuff. Sometimes it can see like God is asking for a lot from us... But whn you think it through, even if we give up everything, I wonder if that is still enough... He does so much for us, and we continually break His heart win our sinful nature...but when God asks us for something in return for his goodness, why is it so hard to give it all up? Just like that rich man.
Also ultimatly , what saves us, is our faith.
The blind man, amazing, blind all his life, and because of his faith, he could see instantly!!
Let's praise God for all he has done in our lives . Because I can assure you that there will be more amazing things to come~

in the very beginning... Jesus says "pray and don't give up"
guys... I encourage you... NEVER give up on your prayers.
Sometimes it may seem like God's not listening.. But truth is, He always is... Be strong in faith and don't ever let it die. Pray like you mean it, be desperate for God and constantly seek him through prayer, for he is there, he always is Smile

Pray for me you guys!!! Tomorrows the election ~~~ I know I've been praying like crazy :p
goodnight Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Fri May 27, 2011 1:53 am

Hhey guys.
For some reason, my internet on my computer isn't working so I'm stuck doing this on my blackberry...

10 “Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don’t cheat, I don’t sin, and I don’t commit adultery. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! 12 I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ 14 I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

So in this parable, we can see that the pharisee was a man who thought really highly of himself. The first thing I noticed after reading this story was that he was so quick to judge. He knew that the second man was a collector and he prayed saying "thank you God that I am not a sinner like that tax collector" and a bunch of other things that he does well such as paying tithe and whatnot. The pharissee put himself higher than the taxx collector when he himself was a sinner. Hopefully, we cann all remember that we never have the right to judge anyone. Also, Jesus mentions that the tax collector was made right with God at the end of that day rather than the pharissee. The tax collector laid down all his sins and asked for repentance. He is a great example of what we should ask to God when we pray to him. He showed humility, I'm sure that both men were aware that they were both sinners but the difference between them was that one judged the other, while the other humbly asked for forgiveness.

Haha that's what I got.
Sorry if it seems confusing as it's harder for me to concentrate doing devos on a blackberry screen.
Good night guys!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Tue May 31, 2011 11:56 pm

what the heck.. wallah i did this.
i guess it didnt post... -_-