Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Son of God

Go down

Son of God Empty Son of God

Post  Billy Kim Wed May 18, 2011 7:56 am

Hey guys, so I know I haven't been posting a lot but yea I guess Imma have to fix that.
Well I'm writing this just to share something I've been wanting to share with you guys for a while now
but I haven't gotten the chance to share with you guys. I really wanted to share this in person but
yea, I guess I have no choice.

Well this is something that just came to me when I was having a very difficult time spiritually.
So There's this one question that I've had in the back of my head ever since I was a kid. "Why are we
called Children of God??" And the answer came to my head when I needed it the most which I don't think
was a coincidence. So I realized something, who else is a Son of God?? Which is obviously Jesus.
So What I got from this is that God calls us his "SONS" not because he created us but because he wants
us to be LIKE Jesus (his one and only son). I know you heard this many times before. Be like Jesus, Love your
neighbours, Love your enemy, etc... That's not what I'm getting at. So remember when I shared with you
guys about the "2 sons parable??" If you guys remember, the last verse goes like this. 32 But we had to
celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”
there were 4 words that just hit me SOO HARD in this whole chapter "Alive Again","Lost", "Found" . That REALLY struck me.
If you read the bible, it talks about being "Alive Again" Sooooo many times. In Luke, Psalm, Peter, Corinthians, etc...
Even in our recent song setlist "Rediscover You - Starfield" the lyrics go like this "Bring me BACK to LIFE like only you can do~"
And the only person that actually rose from the dead, Resurrected, Conquered death was Jesus. I remember
a couple of years back in easter, Pastor Sam told us that if Jesus hadn't died on the cross and resurrected from
the dead, then we would have no purpose in life as believers; that we might as well be dead. I never fully
understood what Sam meant when he said that until recently. What Sam meant by be like Jesus is that when
our faith dies, that we should resurrect like Jesus did. That is what it TRULY MEANS TO BE LIKE JESUS.
To live again when we die, to be "Alive Again". I don't know how to emphasize this enough.
Remember When we fall it's not over, it's just another chance for us to get back up. Moses shared this with the
confirmation class. Sin is there so that we may learn from them and be stronger than before. Remember, we can only
die because we can come back to life through Jesus. In the end we can only come back to life if we want to. So think
and pray about that. Although this is coming from my head, this is something that I need to learn and put into action the most.
And that's basically What I really wanted to share with you guys. Hope you guys get to read this and hope this will Change you,
it surely did change me.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum