Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 27

+3
julian
jennifer
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

March 27 Empty March 27

Post  Kevin Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Manz.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

March 27 Empty Re: March 27

Post  jennifer Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:15 pm

sorry guys todays sermon is kinda fuzzy o.O
what i remember is that moses said that the jews didnt believe in God himself, but God of abraham or Gos of isaac or Gos of jacob. Thats all. they thought that God was some figure out there that is far away, too good for them and whatnot that spoke through abraham etc. but moses was telling us not to think of God as a distant figure that condemns you when you sin, but i figure thatll help you through whatever youre going through and be with you all the time. he sent his son to come down not as a glorified king, ruling others ,but a humble servant. he doesnt wanna be set apart from us. he wants to be close, and we should let him be close.
one of my favourite events/stories in the bible is when the woman is about to get stoned by the pharisees and he says those who have not sinned can stone her first, and all left except for jesus. no one has the right to condemn anyone but God, and Gos is all that should matter to us Very Happy
haha night guys! hope you guys have a wonderful tmr!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Hey all... economics test tomorrow, so it'll probably be a good all-nighter!

The main thing I recall is how Moses talked about how our relationship with God might be partly distorted. When Jesus approached the Pharisees, he mentioned that they didn't really know about him and God... and possibly this is because of the fact that the Pharisees didn't accept that the Messiah was already there.

I guess it seems weird if we were in the place of the Pharisees... it would be hard to believe. If he claimed to be way before Abraham's time and was still present, it'd be strange to our own views, but knowing God, Jesus is God... and definitely this tells me that regardless of whatever the world says, we should always listen to God.

It's quite difficult to interpret entirely what he said... well then again, I'm sorta going on a little head rush from eating a lot of sugar, so maybe my view's starting to be a little distorted. D :

Moses did talk quite a bit during Ohana today though, especially with the story of the adulterous woman. He raised quite some points of morality, saying that if a murderer killed 7 people and was about to go the death penalty, if he suddenly became a Christian and truly realized afterward that his life before was completely immoral, should he die, or live? That's still something for me to think about... and Billy, you too! He's expecting this! Smile
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:26 pm

What i remember is in the chapter, people were gonna stone a woman but Jesus said go ahead and stone her but let the one who has not sinned throw the first rock. Then they all walked away. This is a sign that no one has the right to condemn except Jesus so we must not be afraid to make mistakes because God wants us to make mistakes. Referring to Pastor Moses's First sermon, be troublemakers... this is because God wants us to make mistakes so that we can learn from them and do it right next time.
All i got
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:06 am

im going to keep it really short... because apperently i forgot about my law test tomorrow HAHAHAH >.< oh shoooot.

but the message for me was simple..
i got that no one has the right to judge others because all of us are sinners, so we can not go and accuse others of sinning and think that we are any higher than they are.
secondly there is ONE God and nothing else should go above Him!
It's a bad habit for all of us... getting hooked onto items, traditions, and etc and idolizing them instead of worship God, and God only ~

well goodnight guys! looks like i wont be sleeping for a while.... -.-
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:39 am

Okay, so today's sermon, Moses focused on talking about false idols.

Although, they believed in God. It wasn't be they thought HE was amazing just on his own, they thought he was amazing because all their forefathers believed in him.
In that same way, if we had brilliant teachers like Abraham and such, there's a question we'd have to ask ourselves. "Do I worship God because my teacher is so dedicated and it makes me feel like I should be the same?" or is it because we actually want to get closer to God?
Make sure that what you do is actually for God and only him, rather than for God FOR someone to like me or FOR someone to think I'm religious.

Alright, that's what I have!
Bye guys! (:
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 폴 Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Okay, this is hindering in my mind, so I'm just going to talk about what I remember.

There was this girl who committed adultery, and the peops found out about her, so they brought her to Jesus, and suggested to stone her, but Jesus stopped them.
^All I remember. xD

Sorry it was late~
Paul 폴
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down