Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Corinthians 1

+3
jennifer
julian
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

1 Corinthians 1 Empty 1 Corinthians 1

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:32 am

"."_@

^Snail.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 1 Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 1

Post  julian Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Lame.^

I'm still at school, (yes, with an internet connection!) working hard... at home, it's a little difficult to get work done. At least I'm productive in doing this somewhat early. Having fun from just returning from Family Day?

So far, the following verses stand out to me:

7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. 8 He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

All of this is essentially true. We shouldn't be empty-handed with nothing to offer to God once he comes into our lives - I guess there's always a certain time and place where God comes - when our gift is being used at its highest, I suppose. Then again, I'm going to think a little bit about this verse and see if I can think a little more...

God is so faithful where he calls us, the sinners, to be with him. It's not like a King would get the dirtiest servants to help him, since they're filthy, but I mean, God's so caring where he wants us to be with him - always. And to even do this isn't simple. We all try to get closer to him, but eventually, we do fall - not to say that it's a bad thing to try and get closer, but rather that it's difficult. The acceptance of the calling is easy. The hard work that comes with the promise is the difficult part.

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

This seemed to interest me, considering that the opposite actually happens today. I think about the vast number of the church denominations, feeling that we all seem to be separated now. From the Roman Catholics to the Baptists to the Anglicans... I mean, denomination does matter to a certain extent, but it comes to the point where there's conflict between several of the churches. (Think about the Irish versus the English, I believe... one side was Catholic while the other was Protestant. I mean, is separation the way to go?

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

This verse is so true. I guess the majority of our non-Christian friends think that our bible is just some sort of a fairy-tale - that the entire message itself is corny and false. But I mean, it's really something when it comes to us - it might seem like it's such a cliché, but when we're in the worst moment possible, while we're being saved, it's such a blessing to always hear that God gives us everlasting life even though we fall short of his glory... I mean, I went through a lot, and thinking about God - even just praying made me think so much. I didn't really cry during our Winter Retreat, but I really did during the other one - and really, it's when I came to be re-saved by God that the message made me see so much. God is awesome!

I guess that'll be all for today.

See you guys then, and have an awesome night,

- Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:34 pm

^French.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Haha whatever man
I love being FRENCH
FRENCH FOR LIFE
AW YE
I'm also gay Smile
julian
julian
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:50 pm

^Grow up...
julian
julian
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm

^ cabin???

8 He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns.this verse made me feel loved and supported by God, and shows us that even if we fall and make mistakes (which we will do, and have done), he will be there so that you can be "free from all blame" when Jesus returns. He is giving us the chance to repent and to try to make things better than they were.
10 I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters,[c] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.
i think that this is really important for our ministry because although alot of us are close and whatnot, there are also alot of kids that are not yet comfortable and awkward with all of us. I think it's important for us to bond with everyone in the ministry so that we can be comfortable with eachother, and we will have at leaast one person to whom we can tell our personal schtuff to. haha by doing this, itll be easier to grow in Christ, with many mentors and "family" teaching and loving you.
21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom,
we will never be able to fully believe with pure facts. This is why we have to have faith in the Lord, and we have to trust in Him. this is why there are so many skeptics.
25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.
this verse desribes the greatness of God. That when he is foolish, He is still wiser than us, and when He is weak, He is still stronger than us. This makes me feel sooo uneducated in what God has done for us and what is outside of our bubble we call earth, so i dunno what to do, but trust!
27 Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. 28 God chose things despised by the world,[h] things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. 29 As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God.
I love that passage Very Happy hehe It shows that God sees everyone equally and that none of us are favoured in His eyes, and that He even sees the "powerless" and loves them just as much I love you
31 Therefore, as the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord.”[i]
heehee
have a great tomorrow guys!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Sorry for not doing my devos... I haven't exactly been able to do them under my circumstance. I'll be doing my devo today using the message bible, so it's not gonna be written in conventional old style writing.

Isn't it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, chose these "nobodies" to expose the hollow pretensions of the "somebodies"?

So out of all the verses or paragraphs in the chapter of the book, I found this to be the most meaningful. It's a fairly straightforward message that can be related to many of our daily lives. I can't speak for others but I know that I myself that the 'popular' people at school are not any more steady than the 'nobodies' Paul describes, if not less (did that make sense?). This verse says that God purposely chose the social outcasts as the ones to identify the problems of the cliques and so-called socially stable people. Why? It doesn't make sense that God chose a bunch of 'nobodies' to just expose others weaknesses, but thinking deeper, God's intention was to humble others so that they don't brag or boast in the presence of God, but instead to boast about God and glorify him. I know that as a Christian, I'm not doing enough to spread Gods glory to others and really show how great he is, but this verse really is telling me to get up and really go out with his word and his glory.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 pm

25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.

This verse really shows just how great our God is. Martin shared earlier that in comparison to God, anything that we think is good is no where near as great as God. He said some people might say "I'm not such a bad person". When we say that, we would compare ourselves to fellow people but if we were to compare ourselves to God, we'd be considered terrible people. Everything we do in comparison to God is nothing compared to him. I think we should all set our standards as "good" a little bit higher. A little bit closer to God's standards. I believe if we do that, we will truly be better people.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 am

what the heck....
i swear i posted............ i did my devos guys
dont think that i didnt!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 am

Hey guys, so basically today my mom made me sit through some Korean romance movie with her... Didn't really know what was going on half the time, but it was some good mother daughter bonding time :p

so basically in this chapter I got one message overall:
GOD IS AWESOME.
Obvious fact
but it really emphasizes on how great He really is. God is on His own level, and we could never be His equal.
It's amazing what God is truly capable of~ he's so powerful and amazing, that we tremble before Him and fall face down!

I thought of 2 songs while reading this chapter: awesome god by hillsong and facedown by Matt redman.

I love the very last verse. Boast, but boast in the Lord. I find that these days I give a lot of verbal credit to God whenever I recieve praise, because without God, there is no greatness. I can't do anything without God~
I'm learning to appreciate everything He does for me more and more each day. I'm starting to realize how precious my singing voice really is! And I'm soooooo thankful that he's continuing to help me improve and become even greater. I boast, but only in the Lord. Because it's never me, it's only God.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:04 am

Sorry, I haven't been posting as often as I should. There's a lot of ..stressful things going on around me right now. That isn't really a reason for not being able to write my devos but I haven't been going on the computer as often, is why. Just trying to stay away from anything that will stress out the fam any more than they already are. :/ Hope you guys understand.

ANYYYWAAAY,

4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 5 For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— 6 God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you.
I remember someone at the retreat, saying that we should thank God for the amazing things people have done, rather than just praising the people. We were given these people, and gifts from God. It's only right that we give thanks to him.

25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
This verse is so important. Although, I had some trouble understanding it at first, I understand that it's talking about how things that we would find foolish out of our rational thinking, like how God can STILL love us after all the things we do/have done, is much wiser than we could imagine.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down