Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 13

+3
josephpaik
Esther
jennifer
7 posters

Go down

Feb 13  Empty Feb 13

Post  jennifer Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:26 pm

im gay aghahhahah
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Feb 13  Empty Re: Feb 13

Post  Esther Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:34 pm

10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.” 11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

Moses kept referring back to these verses and how Jesus turned water into wine - how the wine was better than even the best wine they could find. Overall, I think it's like a metaphor for how everlasting life is so much greater than the life we have now, but if we choose not to listen to God's word, we're losing our chance at that.

He also spent a great deal of time explaining and repeating how Jesus said he would destroy and rebuild a temple in three days. Although Moses may have meant it literally, but I think Jesus was talking about us, rather than the actual temple. The Jews, who were seemed to only know OF God, were questioning why Jesus thought he had the 'authority' to do what he was doing. He would destroy all this knowledge and rebuilt it on rock. I hope you guys understood that. Razz

Everyone have a good Sunday AND Monday! Very Happy
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:04 am

Like Esther said, Jesus could destroy a temple that took 46 years to build and remake it EVEN BETTER in 3 days.
I think this means that anything present right now, Jesus can make it better.
For example our way of live. You can live 5596x better if you go Jesus' way because it is better in many ways.
(thats right i did the math.)
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:05 am

The story that was shared today was about how Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. Jesus gave the guests the good wine last and this was significant because on a normal occassion, people would serve the tasteful wine in the VERY beginning so that they would get drunk fast and so that the host would serve garbage wine when they are smashed so that they can't determine that it's cheap wine. But Jesus did the very opposite and served the best wine for last. I'm still not sure Exactly what the significance was of doing this but I assume that it was special enough to be considered a miracle, there is some more meaning behind this. Saving a party isn't really considered a miracle but if anyone does understand the significance of this, please let me know.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:33 am

aha hey guys, Completely Forgot about devos...

Well Moses shared about Jesus' very first miracle and about how Jesus was furious when he saw people marketing inside a temple... To be honest I didn't really get much from the wine story but The temple story meant so much. Jesus made a whip and kicked everyone out.

19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”

In the end, Jesus did destroy the temples and raised it again in 3 days. Think about it guys. When Jesus died on the cross, the temple curtains tore in half. The temples broke down just like he said and he came back to life in 3 DAYS!! think about that. And when Jesus said he will raise the temples again, he didn't physically build a temple but he raised temples inside of us. So that anybody can worship where ever and when ever we want, even the gentiles that were considered the low class and weren't even allowed to go inside the temples. I think that verse is sooo important
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:28 pm

hey guys! sorry for the lateness... ughhh used to be so much more punctual... its just that things have been pretty crazy lately, dont really have an excuse... but my parents went over to their friends house.. forced me and my sibs. to go with them.. they didnt own a computer... no wifi.. yeahhhh... hahaha then i just remembered now >.<

uhm, i basically loved the whole thing about Jesus rebuilding the church in 3 days,
he was referring to when he'd be crucified,
but i liked the whole idea of Jesus making the impossible, possible!
theres so many things that God can do that we could never even imagine,
Christ performed miracles that no one could ever believe unless they saw it with their own eyes,
yet why is it that we always underestimate God's capability and power? why do we sometimes or mostly or even always question and never believe without physical proof?

but yeah, love the book of John!!! Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Hey guys.

I know I didn't do yesterday's sermon reflection, but I arrived home fairly late after rehearsal. I'm a little busy this week, (which is why I'll have to do devos this Wednesday for Thursday... sorry!) and I decided to reflect a little more before I posted.

Note; I'm quite tired just posting things 3 times...... -_______- UGH! Sad

Well, I'll start off a little differently then. I hope you remember me talking about following God's plan in even the best or even in the worst of times - that Jeremiah 29:11 says that 'for the plans that the Lord gives you are plans to prosper you, not to harm you, but plans to give you hope and a future.' And really, so much of it really shouts to me. Every time I pray in the morning, there's always something that seems to be so good - so satisfying - that no other gives. Really, one thing that talks to me out of John is PROVISION. God provides so much. He provides so much above all else in this world. If I were to look from verse 10, 'Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best 'till now.' God provides the ultimate - the superior - the best decisions possible. They're just out of our own scope - out of our own range to even think... God provides for me and for you. That made me feel about the church where it turned into a marketplace of all these worldly things that disrupted worship. Because God provides for us, we should at least make the 100% effort to worship him! Smile

Those were the things I thought of aside from miracles, really...

- Julian.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down