Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 6

+2
josephpaik
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Feb 6 Empty Feb 6

Post  Kevin Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:41 pm

!@#$%^&*()
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Feb 6 Empty Re: Feb 6

Post  Kevin Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Hey guys, Great job today!

39 “Come and see,” he said. It was about four o’clock in the afternoon when they went with him to the place where he was staying, and they remained with him the rest of the day.

Moses pointed out this verse specifically today. Jesus says Come and see. Previously, the disciples asked Jesus where he was staying and he simply replied and invited them. I think sometimes we tend not to spread the news about Jesus Christ because other people may think we're weird, or we're worried about being rejected but I hope that all of us we'll all be unashamed of our God.

See you guys this Friday
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:55 pm

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and Word was God.

When i read this, right off the bat i remembered when pastor Moses said that God is the Word and if you believe in the word you believe in him. God created everything with just the Word. So if the Word is THAT powerful, it is truly the Word of God and we should go by it as best as we can. For The Word is with God and the Word is God.

Very Happy
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 pm

I guess I'll be doing my Sunday reflection then! Smile

The main thing that Moses really pointed out was WORD. God spoke, and then that's how he created. WE speak so we can communicate in the most efficient way. Without verbal communication, it'd be difficult to even talk... or to even pray to God.

So if we recall from John:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Moses mentioned that the Word would refer to knowledge... and to a greater extent, WISDOM! Smile

The other emphasis that Moses also placed on was in verse 39:

''Come,' he replied, and you will see.' So they went and saw where he was staying, and spent that day with him. It was about the 10th hour.

In addition to the other things that we should do to better our own community (inviting and listening), we should also hang out more with the congregation. The way I see it, we're not as close to the younger grades, and even to people in our own Ohana groups... it seems like there's some big separation that's going on. I think back at CCC, people felt more comfortable because we weren't so distant. Now... it sorta is, as far as I'd hate to admit. And that's why so many of us liked Sam - it's because he was so inviting to talk to us whenever he had time! Smile

I guess I'll be reading John 1 throughout the week with all the other Romans stuff! Smile

I might've left a few things missing... but this is from memory. I should be taking notes from next week... so it'll hopefully be better..

School starts again, but persevere!

- Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:59 am

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and Word was God.
I know that Moses was REALLY trying to emphasize this verse.
The Word is God and with ONLY words, God created the whole world. He didn't have to use his hands or physically start building. I think this shows how important words are and how though we take them for granted, it really is the basis of a communication and the easiest way to spread the WORD of God.

Tried to keep it simple!
Everyone have an awesome weeeek! cheers
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:18 am

I love how Julian hates being called Jules but he calls himself that. LOL

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I can't emphasize how important this verse is. People say "Sticks and bones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."
That's one of the biggest bulls I've ever heard. That basically says words aren't important and they don't mean anything. If you think about it, words are the basis of everything. Words help us stay connected with other people. God speaks to us with words and also God created the world with words. Sometimes I think we take things for granted because words can create bonds and they can even destroy bonds. With words we can do soo wonderful things. Moses preaches with words, we build relationships with words, we can share our relationship with God(with words). Can worked soo many miracles with words so why do we take it for granted?? Whatever we do, we have to remember that we do this for god, whether we study, practice, or even watch t.v. When we swear we should know that we are sinning and I know I even swear alot, and this got me to think. We should be careful of what comes out of our mouths because we are not sure of what we are capable of. Iunno, that's the jest of what I got today
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:01 pm

sorry for the lateness you guys! im usually on time.... but its been crazy.
i was in niagara last night for a family gathering thing... and now my jacket stinks of korean food -.- mannnn..... hahaahah i didnt even notice either till i put it in my locker and i smelled kimchi when i went to get a binder later LOLLLLL gross...

anyways...

yeah, i remember hearing about this verse when i was like 6... so trippy.. its not that hard to understand, but i just couldnt get it HAHAHA
but yeah, bottom line is that the word= Jesus.
and without the word, none of us could know about God's story.
I learned a lot during ohana yesterday.
The word was brought to life when Jesus was sent to earth, he demonstrated everything we needed to know about the bible as he lived among people!
We talked about how it's easier to comprehend the word when we hear it and see it.. because that physical component helps our understanding..
its like when i need that support from a mentor and we're speaking and interacting in person. God knows that sometimes, we need a friendly face, someone who can help us, God speaks through people for that very reason, it's God talking to YOU through someone instead of something.
He sent the ultimate version of the word when he sent Jesus to all of us ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down