Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 5

+5
josephpaik
Paul 폴
Grace
Isaac
Kevin
9 posters

Go down

Romans 5 Empty Romans 5

Post  Kevin Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:00 pm

sdfsdkfjnsdfksd!!!!!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Romans 5 Empty Re: Romans 5

Post  Isaac Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:13 pm

hey guys, just a tip the NLT (new living translation) is far easier to read than the NIV, other translations are good too!

i decided to read romans 5 and share my thoughts on it,
"3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment."
This is something that i have (arguably forced to) develop as i entered University.
Not going to lie, there are parts of uni (not the studying, thats easy :p) that are very frustrating. From living in a new place, to signing up for various things.
I kept praying (as i still continue today) for God's peace. That i can trust him, to give him my trials and "develop endurance". Thats the KEY part of this verse for me, DEVELOP
you cant get closer to God by having a one day revelation and not practicing faith. Its a day to day process that goes on until you die.
This kept me strong, and a little stress free. I m still working on it, :p

I also enjoyed the contrast between Adam and Jesus
"Because one person disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many will be made righteous."
Jesus is awesome,

any who, hope you guys are doing well, you guys are always on my mind! I mean that literally

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 pm

trueeee! nice devo isaac, ill have to keep that stuff in mind Smile
hope you guys in uni are doing good right nowwww~~~~

hope you are all having a GREAT time at practice!!! wish i was there.. for real... but unfortunatly, while you guys practice your little hearts out, im at home watching over joy and my little bro .. which isnt too bad either Razz haha

3But that's not all! We gladly suffer, because we know that suffering helps us to endure. 4And endurance builds character, which gives us a hope

Pretty similar to what Isaac said...
I can really relate to these verses.
I won't lie, most of the time when I'm struggling spiritually, i cant say that i "gladly suffer" because, its.. well... hard... but for sure, as i grow more and more in God and pass through more obstacles in my life, it gets easier, in the point of being more aware of God's presence in my life. As He pulls me through more and more struggles, I begin to have more hope and assurance that God is there. It becomes easier in the sense that I know that God will pull through for me. He has NEVER failed me once, and for that, i am forever thankful. Now I pray everyday, and I always remember that God will take me out of my darkness, and will shine His light for me.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Romans 5 Empty Romans 5

Post  Paul 폴 Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:37 am

Hey peops~~~ Sorry I'm not at the practice. >.<
Today was such a good day for me~ And the best part is, I got no homework!
Now onto the topic of the day; Devos! XD

7: Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possible dare to die. 8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
This passage got me thinking,"Will I die for a righteous man, or a good man?"
After reading this passage, what did YOU started thinking about???
At first, I said,"Righteous man, definitely!" but when I thought about it deeply (as a real-life scenario), I knew that I would die fora good man, even if I just met them, 'cause that's what all humans would do.
But, as a Christians, I would ALWAYS decide to die for Christ (reasons vary for everyone else) 'cause He died for us, and to repay him, I would die for Christ, to show my affections towards Him, the Lord, to show that I love Him.

I'm tired 'cause I had so much fun today~
And I'm REALLY sorry I couldn't go to practice, again. >.<"
See you on Sunday, peops~
Paul 폴
Paul 폴
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:16 am

i have a test already LOL

Romans 5

While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

What i don't understand is if Christ died for our sins, why are we still sin in our daily life. What i think we should do is KNOW that Christ died for our sins and the best we can do is live up our lives to the fullest. If not, then Jesus Christ gave up himself for nothing but betrayal.

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned-

I think what this passage is trying to say is that death is brought upon sin. If you continue to sin, death will come to all mankind. This meaning we should all try to live to our extent and to the greatest we can. All for God and every step just for him. Jesus Christ is the reason we are still here and the least we can do is live our second chance to the best of our abilities!

peace!
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

I'm really enjoying this new layout. Hahaa
Good practice, guys!
Thanks for the ride there and back, Billygoat!

Anyone else missing summer, yet? LOL

3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
Basically, this verse just reminded me of something I was told by someone dear to me. She told me,
"God never puts us through anything that we can't overcome"
which also reminded me of that Dr. Seuss quote.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
He breaks us to make us.

This whole chapter is about how much God loved us and how, although we sin and make mistakes, God forgives and loves us.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:59 am

Hey guys, good practice today. a late one again.. aha

7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.

This verse got me to think. 'though for a good person someone might possible dare to die." Jesus died on the Cross because he COULD die FOR US. I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't want to come down to earth and suffer all these pain but he did it because he CAN come down and SAVE US. And It's obvious we should do the same. Not in the sense that we should kill ourselves but in a sense that we should go worship him because we CAN worship him. Of course we would want to hang out with our school friends during Fridays but we come to practices on Fridays because we CAN come to church and practice and worship.

21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I like this verse because it shows how God balances everything. And reading this kinda makes me regret saying stuff like "Life isn't fair." Death came because Adam ate the fruit but we were saved through Jesus Christ. We suffer because of one man's mistake but we were saved by one man's grace. If you think about it, Life is Completely Fair...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  julian Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Oh wow... sorry guys... being back at leadership, we always had a devotion on Friday and never really did one online... my bad. 2nd this week. I'll try to make up... but like, I know that I didn't have an excuse for not doing it yesterday.
Anyway, here's my thing.

I guess the first section's title of this chapter really defines what's talked about - Peace and Joy. Remember Paul's saying 'Grace to you in peace?' Paul seems to be really stoked that no matter how bad our lives seem to be, joy lives in us and gives us peace - he says that we also rejoice in our sufferings. I think that when we really suffer, we tend to be the most distant from God. Why? Well... we're in a pretty angry state, where we might not even want to talk to anyone, but Paul really wouldn't care. Bringing it all to God, I'm sure he found peace in that - and I guess that's what we're called to do as well.

Verse 7 seems to be interesting... no one would die for someone righteous, but would possibly die for someone 'good'. It doesn't seem to add a whole lot to the discussion, but I'd like to find a meaning for it... sounds fishy, haahahahaha. (though this is just make take on it.)

I guess the verse I'll be memorizing will be verse 8 for tonight, at least. (But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.' I guess it's a different way of saying John 3:16. I'll be a little random, but a lot of friends ask me if there's something less cliché-like than John 3:16 (noting that people think it's too common and such, but I DON'T.) It's also nice to note that God demonstrates his own love for us, but sometimes, we don't even demonstrate our love for God. I guess we feel too self-seeking - I'm starting to feel more selfish these days as well, always thinking about me, rather than God. If anything, we should be living fruitful lives for God all the time, whether we're in Church or not. I guess that'll be part of my prayer as well..

Now I move on to the second part... as for me, I find it to be a reference to the Old Testament, when sin first came.

I'm not entirely sure what the 'trespass' was (mentioned in verse 15). I guess someone could help me out? I'd like to interpret it as being the committing of sin (as it trespasses God's law). The following verses after tell me that doing one sin would bring condemnation (eternal death, as I see it), but God's gift showed us that no matter how many countless times we sin, we still have God's justification - in that we are all saved through belief and through living a fruitful life.

It's a little hard to continue without knowing entirely what the trespass was... if anyone has any info on that, I'll do a continuation on it..

Sorry again for not doing this yesterday. ):

- Jules.
julian
julian
minion

Number of posts : 212
Birthday : April 12.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Haha Julian no worries.
Since we do devos before practice on Fridays
You don't have to post that day.
So technically it's Romans 5 today, Saturday.
And I'll explain what we do for Sundays tomorrow!

3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.

Like Isaac, Grace and Esther, I'm sharing this verse ahha. I read this verse and I thought it really brings us up even when we're down. Even through hard times, we know that we can rejoice. People can view problems as either something that gets in your way and brings you down, or it's just another obstacle to overcome. As we run into problems, because we all do ahah, we have to know that we can overcome but not with ourselves, it's through God that we are able to. And I really believe that we can learn from our mistakes so think of hardships as a good thang ahah.

7 Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. 8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.

These verses got me thinking about how people would die for "upright people", "especially good people". But it didn't say most people would die for a sinner. This made me remember and realize just how good God is to us. God isn't "most people", there's truly none like our God. He's the only one that would die for us complete sinners, and give us his undeserving love.

Haha great work with devos so far guys!
See you tomorrow
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:39 am

ohmygosshhh
i was freaking out because i didnt do devos yesterday and i was reading everyone's devos and they were all saying "good practise today",and "sorry i didnt come to practise today" so i was like: affraid but then i read kevins and i felt relieved Very Happy hahaha
SO za devo :
I also liked these verses like many of you did:
3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
But i think you guys pretty much covered that! If i repeated what i thought, i think it would be just a teensy bit redundant. I love you
8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
like joseph, this verse stuck out to me. i feel like sometimes we dont really think about what God had done for us and for some people the enormity of what He did just doesnt settle in our brains because it happened so long ago and it feels kind of distant. But if you change your perspective on it, i think the way that you think of Jesus' death would change. A way to think about it is that if your dad, or someone you really loved died a brutal death becuase he wanted you to have a better life or he wanted to give you the chance to live a life that you would not be able to live if it werent for him dying, and he died right in front of you, and all he wanted you to do was not to... for example, go to McDonalds. Would you really go to McDonalds after that? when you knew that he died for you and you knew that when you went to McDonalds his heart would break everytime? Wouldnt you feel terribly guilty if you didnt try your best not to go? I think the same goes for sinning. Its practically impossible for us not to sin because were humans! but if you are doing something, and you know that its a sin, why would you continue?
I dont know about you guys, but this comparison really helps me to appreciate the Lord and helps me try my best not to concsiously sin. rabbit
19 Because one person disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many will be made righteous.
I also think that the contrast between adam and God was eye opening! i never thought of it that way!
FINALLY, 20 God’s law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God’s wonderful grace became more abundant.
I think that this verse really shows the beauty of the Lord. He is like none, his love is larger than anyone can imagine. And that makes me feel safe? peaceful? loved? all of the above and more? hahah
see yall tmr! Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down