Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galations 6

+4
Billy Kim
Allan
Grace
Kevin
8 posters

Go down

Galations 6 Empty Galations 6

Post  Kevin Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:23 pm

1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believers is overcome by some sin, you who are godlys should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.

Thats what i guess billy did. And it's really good that you did billy ahah
I thought that the keyword of this verse was HUMBLY.
When you help someone, you don't do it for any beneficial reason for yourself.
You dont expect the other person to reward you or give you extra respect.
It also says to be careful not to become the very thing that your trying to avoid someone from.
Friends are probably the most influential characters in our lives but I realized that Jesus has to be our influence, not the people who sin, which is everyone.

15 It doesn't matter whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we have been transformed into a new creation.

I really like this verse because it shows that God is welcome to EVERYONE.
It doesn't matter who some people were, what they did in their past, it matters what they transformed into.
Soem people can be terrible people and then later on change into a great Christian, God will still welcome them.
It's the change that matters, because in the end, God doesnt judge who we were, but we became.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Galations 6 Empty Re: Galations 6

Post  Grace Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:06 pm

you guys...my heads been pounding in like one spot all day :S i need sleep....... hahaha
im overloaded with english and french homework.

2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
this verse is telling us that we need to work together. We are one body working for one goal, and that is to fulfill the law of Christ. As a team, as a family and as a part of the body of Christ we need to work together to reach that goal!!!

3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
This one is talking about PRIDE. Humans take so much pride in themselves... i wont lie... i do too. Its a hard one to fix. Its a bad one, but its in our nature that we judge others when we clearly shouldnt. We judge others and put them down so that we can lift ourselves up. But clearly thats not what we should be doing. In the bible it specifically says that we need to lower ourselves and serve others because Jesus should be the one getting lifted high!!!

12Those who want to make a good impression outwardly are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ.
Here i think it is talking about image and heart. Nothing we do on the outside matters. We can cry while praying, we can lift our hands and jump around singing God's praise... but none of that matters unless our hearts our in the right place. I think thats one barrier from fully worshiping God. We're so caught up in trying to look good to others, to not look "stupid" that we shelter ourselves, and no matter what we want to do... we just stand there because we dont want to look like fools. Authentic worship. True worship. Its when we forget the world around us, and we dance for God, we sing for God, we pray to God not caring what other people think. When we spend time with Him, its one on one. Its not God and the rest of the congregation watching you. Its YOU and GOD!
i was thinking of that song "in the freedom we know" by hillsong
"we're gonna dance dance dance in the freedom we know, we're gonna dance dance in the freedom we know, because the freedom we know is gonna last foreverrr!" hahaha

have a good week guys~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:29 pm

So I have a neck/throat infection, and a flu...great. My mom is freaking out, cause my sister is living with the family for the next 2 months. So, basically I am the biggest "danger", to my sister right now...damn it!
lol she is making fun of me...lol

Huh never thought of that..."Becareful not to fall into the same temptation yourself." Somtimes, I guess when you try to help someone out, there is always that danger factor. I think that the verse is telling beleivers to be patient, and truly figure out the situation before jumping in, because you can do more harm than good. Don't be reckless with someone else's struggles. What good can you do, if you don't prepare and ready yourself. Then when do we have the time to prepare ourselves...every single minute of your life, but more realisticaly, you have much time to learn.

Don't get cocky, don't fall into pride...umm

Share each other's burdens.

I am a guy who sucks at doing this. If you have a problem, I usually don't really care, except for those who are close to me...Sorry those who I might ignore lol, but this is where I really lack.

I have this habit off brushing people off sometimes, and Paul made it clear that we should care for each other. It helps both of you. I really have to work on this, because I act too cold to some people. Paul is also saying, throughout his letters, if you know you have to fix something, do it right away before it becomes a habit.

that is all!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:35 am

Hey guys... Woke up ate dinner, and took a HUGE crap and doing
my devos now...LOL I'm getting rele nervous and i've been skipping
classes too much, I rele need to fix that problem...

1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

hmmmm, Yea, i've been trying to help my friend but i think i was caught in sin also
cuz of her too... I've been too stressed out about this and i skipped 1st and 2nd and 4th
for about 3 days i believe... I guess, because i was focusing on my friend too much,
i was too busy taking care of myself... So i Think everything's under control and i should
start going to class now...

15Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.

strong words... As i said b4, After christ sacrificed himself for us, we dunt need to sacrifice
any physical beings or body parts to him... Does are gone. Jesus christ offered himself as the
Ultimate Sacrifice... So what god wants from us is change... We were born into this world as
a being of sin but after christ has died for us. He gave us the strength to change... we can break
ourselves from the sinful nature that we live in but nobody said it was gonna be easy...
It's probably gonna be the hardest thing to do in our lives, that's why god makes it such
a big deal...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:45 am

"If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important."
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DRYYY
but so true!
It starts by saying you need to help people humbly and gently. But you need to be humble yourself!

short but sweet

great chapter!

-ISaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:24 am

yo isaac no need to post my devo i was let to go on my computer thanks thoo
anyways guys i got my phone back so text me your number and bbm watever
my number is 647-388-7036

Galatians 6

"In this final chapter, Paul reveals that liberty in Christ involves
responsibilities. Those who are "spiritual" are to restore those
overtaken in trespasses, and all are to bear one another's burden
thereby fulfilling the "law of Christ"

our responsibility in life is to do good things to everyone, esecially those people who doesnt believe in god.
I hope we can spread the word of God to are not believer which it might be really hard but thats we are here for right?

Smile
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:08 am

1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

We are not just a praise team, but a group of brothers and sisters bonded by Christ. We are responsible for each other and Sam did talk about this on Sunday. We as a community are responsible for each of our members because if we don't stop it, it will create a generational sin.

2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
Yah pretty much this verse ties in with the first perfectly, we are accountable for each other.

5for each one should carry his own load.
Althoguth we are responsible for each other, you can't just sya that and not attempt to make an effort to change yoruself. It takes 2, not just the other person.
This works by communication and prayer!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:52 am

ahh sorry guys cramming like mad! will not post today but will def take the time to pray!
sorry!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down