Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan 31

+3
Kevin
Billy Kim
Grace
7 posters

Go down

Jan 31 Empty Jan 31

Post  Grace Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:10 pm

So I JUST realised that today's the last day of January. Wow this years going by fast.. Haha
I just woke up from a nice 3 hour nap and I have this really big knot in the side of my neck.... It's killing me hahaha

today's sermon was jokes but it was really good to. I like how Sam was talking about where sin starts off and how it becomes an action. I also like how he said that if we're struggling then we should talk to someone about it. In the praise team there's a lot of people you can talk to. We spend so much time around believers every week but how often do we share what's going on in our lives? These days the only sharing we really do is " hey what's up?" "not much you" haha and then it just ends. I used to never share about my struggles cause I didn't want to burden other people with my problems, but like when I opened up for te first time I felt so much lighter, better and that person even became my first mentor. If it takes you away from temptation theni think it's worth sharing to someone you feel comfertable opening up to.

Haha doing my devos and helping you guys clean up makes me feel like I never left! Thanks for being my family and community at church. Much loveeeeee Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Jan 31 Empty Re: Jan 31

Post  Billy Kim Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:02 pm

HAH grace, even if u didnt help out cleaning up and stuff, ur still part of our community...

today was sick, and I guess i kno why sam wanted us to play that song... the lyrics of
the song Freedom was all about breaking out of the chains of sin and man it was SICK!!
Sins starts off with a thought. We think about a thousand thoughts per day and I wonder
how many of those are sinful thoughts... We cant rele estimate them either but i'm sure
a lot of them are sinful thoughts... I remember in a retreat few years back, i let things out
infront of the congregation and yea, it felt good... I thought i would be ashamed but it actually
felt RELE good... our community is like the (freindliest?) out of all communities, we're the closest
thing to a family, no BS and stuff... We can share all we want. even tho i shared b4 i have to say,
it's still hard to share. it's one of those things that u have difficulty with NO MATTER WHAT but
you know, we have to try our best... Like showing ur parents ur report card... MAN THAT'S HARD!!
Hope not only the praise team but the leadership and the whole congregation can learn to share...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:29 pm

man i liked todays sermon
Sam shared the story about david and the point was that sin started out as something as small and common as a thought but it turned into the result of killing someone.
I realized from that st ory that david had so many chances to turn away from his sin.
To change his mind yet he ignored them all and clearly he didnt realize it because when Nathan told him the story of the sheep, he said THAT MAN OUGHTA DIE!
We can be so oblivious to the obvious or either just very ignorant to God so let's make an effort to stop the sin when it first starts.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:58 pm

Just got back from poppign with Mike and Sean. great!

I like how Sam talked abotu "thoughts" and that although we have good ones, we def. have evil ones as well.
Sin can be without action, sin can be inside your head as well. The brain is the most amazing thing, dont' think Satan won't try to use it against you. Remember God in your thoughts and your actions will follow!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:39 am

Hey guys!
i loved sam's sermon today! hahaha not only did i love the how i met your mother references, but he really had a good message. I liked how he pointed out the different times when David could have made the decision to turn away from sin, but he didn't. It really reminded me of how sin is never really inevitable. Sometimes we try to use that as an excuse.. but God always gives us CHOICE, and he never gives us a task or challenge that we can't handle. So next time we're in that situation, even if it's over the smallest things, let's stop and think, and even be grateful that we get to have that choice. And then, ofcourse make the right one, so that we can be freed from sin Smile
Also I liked what he said about Nathan. I hope that as a praise team,we can be each others' Nathans. Example. If i show up to practice totally high off magic mushrooms, you guys should probably call me out on it. Razz not that that would happen, ofcourse. my body is a temple. haha
Because at the end of the day, real friends are willing to have awkward conversations and even risk their friendship if it's out of your genuine desire to see your friend overcome their sins and be freed. Ofcourse, we have to do it in the right way, which can be hard. Whether or not we're acting as the nathan, or we're the one getting called out on something, let's remember to have a genuine desire to be free from sin.
Have a GRREEATT monday tmrw! even though i have a pa day i have to be at school for 5 hours. hahahha. but at least i have a microwave in the office. Which means, Cathy Pak will sit in the student council office, attempt to get some work done, but really pig out on wonderfully warm food. LALALALALALALALALA
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:28 am

hey guys!
billy what a mean comment... she did help out you douche. : )

I KNEW the story of David, and i knew the concept of the spiral of sin, but today it just made sense you know?
maybe because im more mature... and wise... and smarter... and awesomer

But seriously, it really hit home where sin starts from a thought but leads to sin after sin. I can really relate...

But todays sermon did have an answer to all of this! Its to fill your thoughts with God, and things God likes. Thats the only way to conquer sin.

Have a good WEEK YOU FRIGGGIN NORTH MEXICAN YORK REGION SCHOOL BOARDS....

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:04 am

Sry guys was getting a new router installed late, and I finally got internet again! yahh!!!

So i really liked what Sam said about a little thought can snowball into something big. Everything starts from a thought, and it may seem harmless, if you let it grow it can cause a huge negative impact in your life

that is all!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down