Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do your own devos

4 posters

Go down

do your own devos Empty do your own devos

Post  Grace Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:44 pm

haha kay so.... acts is done... and i dont know what we're doing now... so im going to post my own devo Smile

i didnt read a chapter today, but i was listeing to some songs ive never heard of before.. haha i dont know how ... because its starfield (L) haha but yeah. they were really deep, and more like self reflect songs. things that can really relate to us and it might be situations we're in now.
the first ones called

rediscover you- starfield
WOW. this one was like like... woaaaah!
we all go into like spiritual slumps. we have those times where when we praise God... its just dry.. and we dont feel like a pulling towards God.. but this song is saying "i admit im struggling. i lost my passion, but God help me get that passion back! help me rediscover your glory! I want to feel that fire again"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2loeds35UI

the second one is called Saving One- Starfield . this one wasnt recorded or anything, so there isnt an actual version.. but its an AWESOME acoustic song! I was at this concert.. and i totally forgot about this song.. but hearing it again.. i love the lyrics. its like Mighty To Save, just saying that God's far greater than anything and He saves. He's too big to contain into a specific thing. Anyone can recieve salvation. I found it as like a sum up of everything we've learned in Acts. Well from the things ive learned in the book of Acts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC1Kkou4JFM

im coming your way- desperation band
haha so the same line is repeated throughout almost the whole song... but its still a good song Smile i like how its saying that we're focused on going to God, taking one step at a time until we reach God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jssI9iuSrbE
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

do your own devos Empty Re: do your own devos

Post  Isaac Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:56 pm

yeah a lot of those songs are great, were doing some of them too for the retreat.

i decided to share something from the book im reading,

He explains that Christianity cannot be made up, because it is too odd. Just like how this world is weird, and how nothing really has any pattern or sense. Some planets are bigger than others, and some have one moon or many. Christianity offers something other religions dont, and are is very unique that way. Everything from its conception of "freedom" or our God. You may think that our God is like any other, loving, kind, merciful, but if you actually do some research you ll come to the realization that our God is VERY unique in how he is.

Thats why man kind could not have made up Christianity, that and among other things. It is too perfect, but at the same time too simple. Its great isnt it?

My time studying other religions, i could honestly feel a sense that humans had their way with the religion. That goes for some parts of christianity too... like the stupid catholics... right cathy? ahaha...
But at the core of things, its too perfect, too simple.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:10 am

Hey guys... I see that we finished Acts and usually
when we do our own devos, their's this book i have called
young believer 365 and it tells us wat we can read each day
and summerizes what we can learn from it... I choose a day
and i thought the lessons that they teach is a very boring and
childish message so i try to get a message on my own but today
i decided to share a convo i shared in school once...

I remember when i was doing a presentation, the whole story about
religion came up and it's usually me who brings the topic up and i remember.
My teacher said this and it jst got stuck in my head... Religion is the opposite
of nature... We always have these urge to do something, and it's part of nature
that we would want to do something like this... Religion is like the humanity's Super
ego. The bible tells people alot of stuff that we shouldnt do but not much about
what we should do... As i found the history of my teacher, he attended to church
but never believe in god... Also, he's working on he's PHD and he has some lots of
rele good Atheist wise kind of arguements... I didnt say this to the class but the
thing is, the bible only tells us not to do stuff like the 10 commandements cuz b4
Adam and eve took the bite from the fruit, we werent suppose to do these stuff in
the first place... Also, the bible doesnt force us to do anything... It jst tells us what to
do to get closer to him... God gave us the amazing gift of Free will, and also the unique thing
is, it's not only a Gift but it's a burden at the same time.... God didnt want us to be like
robots, us doing watever he wants us to do, he wanted to give us freedom but at the
sametime, because of that, we drew away from god... We get to do watever with the body
we have but it's not our bodies. We're like rented cars if u think about it. it's not our body
and we get to do watever we want but when we die, we have to pay for what we did...
U sign a contract for the car but if u break it, u have to pay the price Dont u?? God doesnt
force us anything, it's whether if we decide to listen to him or not...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:56 am

RAWR BLAHHHH SO TIRED
will be done exams in 9 hours! cant wait
Cathy