Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan something

+2
Grace
JacobPk
6 posters

Go down

Jan something Empty Jan something

Post  JacobPk Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Sin is Sin haha
repeated yet sometimes we forget this. honestly, during devos, usually during liek the whole sin stuff i skim through it
but it really speaks. None of us are righteous, good, pure enough to stand before God yet we neglect it all the time.
And Isaac told me this which blew my mind "When you sin, you are saying your'e not satisfied with God"
Somethign to think about Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Jan something Empty Re: Jan something

Post  Grace Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:01 pm

whaddd up ?
grrrrrrrr , dont want to go to school tomorrow... hahaha

todays sermon was pretty blunt. sin is sin. no one is righteous, not even one. I thought to myself in the sermon... why do we sin? Like why cant we help it? Like Jacob pointed out.. it could be because we're not satisfied with what God wants us to do. But then i wondered.... but if God satisfys me... why do i want so much more than i already have? You know what i mean?
but on the other note... i liked how Sam said that he wants us to see others the way GOD sees them. People judge. Its hard not to judge... but like he said... there are no sins that are worse than others , simply because sin IS sin. Either way we did something against God's law. But thats why im so glad that Jesus came down to save us. Because we were prisoners of sin, but then He set us free! He conquered and saved. Now even if we sin, we can repent and as long as we have that salvation, we can still go to heaven! Think about... no Jesus.. no chance of going to heaven... no one is perfect. I thought about the friends i have.. who are good.. but have no faith. I want them to recieve salvation too.. but its hard because they have such a strong opinion and their own view on things. Theyre so sure of going to somewhere good afterwards even if they dont know where exactly. I feel like after reading all of these chapters on evangilism.. i should try harder. Approach them and let God use me. I noticed that ive never really tried to tell my school friends about Jesus.. im always so busy in different convos and stuff you know?

have a good week guys.... ughhh, so much snow here... its FREEZING. hahaha
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 am

I remember hearing this sermon for the first time in like.. children's ministry, years and years ago with pastor Susan..
She told us that there are no different levels of sin - that sin is sin, no matter what. I remember this absolutely BLEW MY LITTLE MIND back then. Because even as a child I always justified my sin like 'ohh yeah i lied. but thats not nearly as bad as KILLING SOMEONE! so ha i win!'
But then this sermon totally shattered that and I learned that no matter what, ALL sin is bad and goes against God's will.. But then I think I forgot about this message for a while. And then today was a nice reminder of what I learned years ago. It's so easy for us to judge all these other people and think about how terrible and evil they are because they commit all of these sins that are 'worse' than ours. But in the end, it's all the same thing. We're going against God's will..
And Jacob, I totally remember what you're talking about. It was that day we were in Sam's office and isaac was talking about the shack, i think? And he said that the reason that we sin is because we're not satisified with God. At first its like.. 'NOOO' but then you think about it, and it makes so much sense. Because if we had a great relationship with God and was completly satisifed with God, then why would we feel the need to turn around and stab God in the back? Thinking about this made me realize how much of an insult sin is to God - it's not just something we do every once in a while, but its an expression of our dissatisfaction with God.
Crazy.
So as we go to school tomorrow and kick off this new year, let's try to free ourselves from some of the habitual sins that we may be used to. And it doesn't matter if it seems really small and insignificant, because in the end, sin is sin.
DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMM

hhaha have a good MONDAY tmrw, everyone! Ohh man i am not looking forward to getting up early to plow through the snow and get to school an hour and a half away. i wish i could fly. but then again, altitude makes it colder. hmmm
this wil require lots of strenuating thinking. hahaha
anyways g'night!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:12 am

amazing 6 hour nap... it was awesomo 3000

Sam explained to me the reason why he did this sermon today. It makes sense because even our church sees certain people with certain stigmas and that makes nooooo sense considering were supposed to be a community.

This goes for out team as well.... We all probably have a certain mind set for certain people on our team when they do certain things. That vague i know, but you guys know what i mean. Like for instance, when KEVIN goes out late, we all assume automatically that he dose heroin....

okay bad example but i hope you guys get the point.

A community is based on caring, and stigma has no place in a community.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:07 am

Hey guys, i jst woke up and i have to keep
it RELE short for many reasons i cant explain...

kk, it was rele interesting how sam said SIN IS SIN!!!
no matter wat u do, kill little children or small lie...
even IF god had levels, altho i dunt think he does,
it's still sin... plus how sam said NO ONE is righteous
and we read this chapter and it repeats it over and over
again on saying no body is righteous... kk guys,
i honestly would write SOOO MUCH but i honestly cant
sorry guys... I'll explain later if u guys want to kno...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:46 am

Omg I don't want to sleep!

anyways

sin is sin. Don't categorize it, because the moment we do it, we start to categorize and rate people. We level sins, God does not, so we should not look down upon others when they sin, beside we are all sinners to.

that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down