Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romans 16 AGAIN!

+2
Grace
Billy Kim
6 posters

Go down

Romans 16 AGAIN! Empty Romans 16 AGAIN!

Post  Billy Kim Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Romans 16 is the last chapter and Isaac OR jacob never told us
what we're gonna do our devos on... Plus most of us did our devos
on sayah's yesterday so Doing 16 now...

17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

I remember sam said satan knows the bible and he can use the bible to turn people agaisnt god.
If you hear anything about the bible that may confuse you or that has a message that may seperate
you from god, dont listen to the bad message but try to get the right message from it...

19Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

Know the difference between good and evil. there will be sometime of our lives when we will not
kno the difference between good and evil, it's up to us to kno the difference and do the righteous
thing to do. Even if we do kno wat is right and wrong, we may be tempted to do the wrong thing,
be "Innocent about what is evil." Do not commit sin... It's the hardest thing to do in life...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Romans 16 AGAIN! Empty Re: Romans 16 AGAIN!

Post  Grace Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:53 am

BIG DAY. hahaha i applied to american eagle, handed in my resume to spork check......... LOL
ALSO i went to the colts game (OHL) so intense... 2 fights and they won 6-1 and i ate way too much during the game :S i feel so full....
they shot the fist goal within the first 11 seconds HAHAHHA so awesome.... i love hockey Smile wish i was good at playing it -.-

today im going to do something a little differnet for my devo. i was talking to my mentor , and she sent me an email, and it really grew on me... like i cant get it out of my head and i wanted to share it with you guys, cause it could apply to you too Smile

want to share with you Psalm 1. It's always been encouraging to me. Try and memorize it if you can! it helps Smile
Blessed is the man who does no walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.
Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff that he wind blows away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand int he judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, bu the way of the wicked will perish.

I love how it says the man who meditates on God's word day and night is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.
That's my prayer for you, Grace. Be that tree. Sometimes you might feel like you're just the same, but because you're planted by streams of water, you'll yield your fruit... but IN SEASON. so don't worry! If you want something practical, try and spend a short moment each day in silence... just listening to God, just sitting in His presence. Wait for him, wait until you know he's there. Sometimes just knowing God's with you is enough. It reminds you of how REAL he is.

Last edited by Grace on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:54 am

Sorry guys, forgot to say do "do your own devos" til monday. Romans is done
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:22 am

crap I am really sick as hec...ugh Cathy lol
oh yah I did yesterday's devo before I went to sleep. I really liked that Paul took the time to thank everyone, It made me feel very happy before I went to sleep. Giving thanks is one of those things, that seem small but can be valued alot

So my neck is shredded, and I am slowly wilting

Today's devo

Hebrews 12

look after each other so that none of you fails to receive the grace of God. Watch out for the poisonous root of bitterness grows up to trouble you. corrupting many others.

If you have beef with someone, for the love of God talk to that person, and not hold your bitterness. I especially suffered from exactly this not too long ago, with a close friend from church. Noobs (lol) I know that the praise team might seem like a perfect family, but sooner or later we are going to tick off each other. It's going to happen sooner or later, or it might have already happened. I've been reflecting about myself and the time I've been on the prasie team, and I've pissed off previous members of the prasie team, and I took things the wrong way from them too. We are super duper close now, but I was stupid back then, and I was being immature and I held a grudge. During those times, praise sucked cause I was so bitter, and becasue of my piss-poor attitude I made it worse for them too. Like this verse says, don't let roots of bitterness continue to grow. I know this might sound like it's never going to happen, but share if things are not going right. I suffered cause this, and I don't want you guys to suffer too. Never let bitterness grow. We are here for each other through the good and the bad. Hey that is what a family is!

K that is all

c ya guys

p.s. Billy you do not suck at trumpet, I was out of line...but you do suck at beat-boxing. OH dang he didnt!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:06 am

YOOOOO
own devos today?
I dearly missed you all noobs.

I was listening to the song More Than Life, well singing along to it and halfway through the song i stopped singing.
I realized that More Than Life is a really powerful song. The chorus says, i give up sin to love you Jesus.
And it's hard for us to live by those couple of words "I Love You More Than Life" Cause soemtimes we sin. I see sin
as something we do in our life therefore our life is tainted you know? But sin is somethign that we won't stop committing, we're humans!
BUT the whole point is to TRY. It really hit me and blew me away and i'm next level excited for this song haha
Think about it. You say You love God more than Life, but do your actions and thoughts follow through?
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:12 am

6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ. You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News

So i can really reflect on this verse. Everytime I go to a retreat, im so pumped for God and just crazy about worship and everything. Maybe a week later, ill go back to my regular life and be the way i was before i went to a retreat. I always turn away from God really fast and it can take a while to get into God. I;m hoping that after this retreat, i'll last a little bit longer and be pumped longer HAHA. But im gonna pray that this retreat will be sick with worshipping God.

sry this devos so short. im tired ;o

see you guys tomorrow
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:14 am

HAHA WELCOME BACK JACOB
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:16 am

Oh GOSH ALLAN!!
I luv how jacob picks on Kevin and
Allan picks on me... Well allan picks on both
of us...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down