Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 30 (Oct 19)

+3
Cathy
Grace
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 30 (Oct 19) Empty 1 Samuel 30 (Oct 19)

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:56 pm

almost the last one
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 30 (Oct 19) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 30 (Oct 19)

Post  Grace Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:16 pm

school went by really fast today
it was freezing outside and some noob pulled the fire thingy and so we had to stand outside for like 15 mins ...
LOLLLL but other than that it was goood, had an amazing workout in bball pracy so im satisfied !

i got lots from todays word actually... but here are the things that stood out to me the most Smile

6David was desperate. His soldiers were so upset over what had happened to their sons and daughters that they were thinking about stoning David to death. But he felt the LORD God giving him strength, 7and he said to the priest, "Abiathar, let's ask God what to do." Abiathar brought everything he needed to get answers from God, and he went over to David. 8Then David asked the LORD, "Should I go after the people who raided our town? Can I catch up with them?" "Go after them," the LORD answered. "You will catch up with them, and you will rescue your families."

I LOVEDDDDDD davids trust in God. i get that in most if not all of the chapters that he is in, but here its so straight forward "lets ask God what to do" how many times do we go and seek God's help. How many times are we like David and seek for God and ask for guidance like this? I feel like so many of us, including me, try to do things on my own... even though i know i cant manage by myself.
pray pray pray that is the key
turn to God for EVERYTHING because we need to give Him our all , and He has an answer for EVERYTHING .
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 pm

My body is SO SOREEEEEE haha i thought i was sore yesterday from the fitness thing.. but oh man does it kick in the day after! It hurts to laugh.. which is proabably the worst kind of pain for me cause when i start laughing and it hurts, then the pain makes me laugh even more and its just a terrible cycle of lots and lots of pain.

anyhoo i agree with Grace! I really liked today's chapter..
The stupid Amelikites stripped David's people of all they had - especially the wonderful women that men know they can't live without! (RIGHT? Razz)
But the first thing that David did was ASK GOD what to do! And when God replied he went ahead, put all his trust in God and went after the Amelikites, with true faith that he would win cause God told him so.. And lo and behold, they do kick butt and take back everything that they had.. But what really stood out to me was how some of the men didn't want to share what they had gotten back with the men that chose to stay behind, since they didn't help them get it back.. This may seem like a really douche move but we do it all the time - if someone didn't earn something, we usually dont like giving them the things that they don't really 'deserve'. Grr sort of like my friend in english. Love him to death, but he whether skips the class, sleeps in class, plays games on his iphone or distracts me.. So he hasn't done anything in English and now he's asking me if he can copy all my FANTASTICALLY-NERDY HAMLET NOTES. im really bitter about this, actually.. ahaha i guess the same situation applies here, but i feel like it doesnt. haha TO GIVE OR NOT TO GIVE MY NOTES; that is the question. (did youlike what i did there? eh? eh?)
haha anyways wow im so offtopic. but David insists that they go back and share all that they had gained - "No, my brothers, you must not do that with what the LORD has given us."
We must remember that whatever we have - is a gift from GOD. Kinda like what we talked about, how when we serve, we're really just giving back to God what he gave to us..So let's not be cocky and selfish and pretend that everything that we own, even the things that we worked for are ours - cause they're not. So doesn't that make sharing seem like so much more of an obvious thing to do? The care bears totally had it right guys - sharing is caring.

have a great monday night everyone!

ps. DEBATE SUCKS ALL JOY OUT OF MY SOUL.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:54 pm

i hate work
but i love big bang theory...
so mondays balance out

" But David found strength in the LORD his God."
how do you find strength in the lord? i always wondered about that... Does God give it to you? is it all mental? is it some placebo affect?
i still wonder... but i get strength from God anywhos... so i dont complain aha...

good devos grace and cathy. The only girls write the best devos... how upsetting for the guys aha...

its okay cathy, debate is for noobs anyway.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:02 am

what i got from todays chapter was how david asked for help from God and listened to him, he received the help he needed. Most of the time, whenever i have problems, i dont ask for God's help all the time but i think if i really open myself to him, he'll help us. I'll try to be more like David and go to God for not just certain problems, but try to go to him for all of them.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:09 am

PURPLE! PURPLE! WHAT THE ^!%*&^... yah I am totally fine with it

Honestly if something bad happens tom me God is probably not in my mind. At first it's usually the swearing, realizing you swore, panicking, pissed, and after many other steps God. It's weird becasue you always think negatively before you think positively. What would happen if we flipped the cycle...riiiggghhtttt! lol but it is hard, because all that negative emotions come up naturally, but David consolted God about it like a friend chats with a close friend about something that is bothering him.

We should flip our way of thinking , and trust in God above all, becasue all that worrying or negative emotions don't help at all, so why do it?

k that is all bi
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:10 am

ahahah allan... you always make me laugh ...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:26 am

1 David and his men reached Ziklag on the third day

Third Day anyone? yeeeee. some significant tingz right there.
I read this yesterday and got pretty much what you guys got.
God does give us strength, noy just physical strength, but the perseverance. The ability to endure and handle whatever God gives us.
He would never give us anything we couldn't handle, so in that sense God gives me strength.

I feel healthy!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:16 am

Hey guys, I luv the new pic and wow... With the EM adults... HAHA sick... RELE tired, haven't slept properly
since sunday... My eyes, RELE hurt, dunt think i can do anything but i did my best to do this one...

LOL, david, What a good guy... the 2 cities that david was responsible for was burned and everybody in the
cities were taken prisoners... What would u do, if ur friends and family were taken by some robbers...
U would be pissed and jst call the cops, God wouldn't be the first thing that would come up in ur head...
911 would be ur first thought then later on, when ur waiting for the cops to find ur family, u'll go to god...
When david was in this situatio, the very FIRST thing that he does it to pray to god... He depended on god
FULLY!! God told him to go after them and he did, with no hesistation, david rescued everyone... When something
bad happens to me, I would jst like be rele Ticked off, think off rele bad things inside and later at night, i
pray to god asking what to do and also to help me calm down... hehe, David rules... In awhile, we finally learn
something in Samuel...HEHE!!~
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down