Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The message(John:18)

3 posters

Go down

The message(John:18) Empty The message(John:18)

Post  Steven.Hong Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:33 pm

hello guys
so im really tired
cause i dont noe why
but yaa
i cant wait till tom
its like the favourite day of the week
and i have soo much funn cheers
get to see my sister

ya im learning chinese with my friends
and im teaching them korean
and its really funny
cause i talk to my friends in chinese albino
John:18

Ya in this verse Jesus is arrested because Jesus' time came to die
and he knew that he was goin to die so ya he wasnt really surprised
and always someones ears was chopped off but i didnt really get it
.... it was really sad to see the disciples not doing anything
cause there really gahh
it was really mad at the disciples there were thought so many stuff
and they never paid Jesus back...
soooo dumbbbb

-Steven Hong lol!

ne jer jer ho sai
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

The message(John:18) Empty Re: The message(John:18)

Post  dennis Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:36 pm

John 18

It definitely wasn't fun to read that one of the officials struck Jesus in the face, and said, "Is this the way you answer the high priest?" How dare he... anyway that was random.

As I read this passage, I was definitely reminded of "Passion of the Christ", possibly the most moving movie of all time. Plus, I got really distracted when I was going through this chapter, but, after reading it over again, I had three areas that I wanted to address.

I think there's a real contrast made between Jesus and Peter in this chapter. When the soldiers, officials, and Pharisees came to the disciples, Jesus asked them, "Who is it you want?" and they replied "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said, "I am he" three times in total. On the other hand, when the townspeople identified Peter as a disciple of Jesus, he denied it by saying, "I am not" three times. Jesus had total faith in God's will for him, and bluntly and truthfully admitted that he was Jesus, the one who had been spreading the gospel. I think that Peter was afraid and still didn't have a wholehearted devotion to God, so he ended up putting God aside so that the world wouldn't reject him. This makes me wonder if, when we are placed in the same situation as Jesus and Peter, we would stand up for God. Would we abandon all our worries and admit that we are disciples of God?

Like a lot of you, I wondered why Peter would defend Jesus in the olive grove by striking and cutting off the high priest's servant's ear, yet, moments later, hide his pride in Jesus. I'm still not fully sure, but I think the fact that Jesus wasn't by Peter's side brought doubts, fear, and worry. I kind of understand Peter's perspective because it would have been hard for him to claim that he was a disciple during Jesus' arrest without even having other disciples there with him. However, I think it all comes down to faith. Is what Peter had really faith? In Hebrews 11, "faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Since Peter decided to throw away his faith when Jesus wasn't there, I can't help but to question his faith. Having seen Peter, whom denided Jesus three times even when he witnessed all of Jesus' miracles and teachings, I definitely think that I have a long way to go in terms of growing in my faith. In fact, I don't think there is a finish line in terms of faith; we always have to stretch our faith and grow.

Following Hannah, I was amazed by Jesus, when he said, "If you are looking for me, then let these men go." In the next verse, it's clear that Jesus wanted to protect all of his disciples so that Jesus could save them from sin. Yet again, we can see the everlasting love, mercy, selflessness and grace that he has for his children.

I'm done my three .. things (?), but, as I was reading what I wrote over again, something really caught my eye. At the top, I wrote "It was definitely not fun to read that an official struck Jesus' face.. how dare he." When I first read this part, I wished that I could jump into the scene and beat that official guy up. However, when I thought about Peter-how he didn't even admit that he was Jesus' disciple-, I asked myself, 'If I was there, when Jesus, the Son of God, was being humiliated and harassed by other people, would I really defend him? I definitely had to hesitate before responding "yes".

My hope is that I can grow in my faith so that I will answer "yes" to that question with no hesitation.

excited excited excited for..... my favorite day.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:19 am

blarghhhh grumble blargghhh....
Long day eh mike? not really it was quite easy at work today.... Cross-out, stamp and repeat...

John 18:
This reminds me of the "Passion of the Christ". I like how they stated many times that Jesus fullfilled what was said about him because this strengthens our argument about Jesus.
And i find it funny how Peter was told he would betray Jesus but yet he so easily denies being with him THREE times like it was nothing... i would beat him... like hard.. with a stick with a nail on the end of it.
I dont understand why peter would lash out like that and cut someone bad infront of Jesus. I know he was trying to protect him but still... thats pretty intense and CLEARLY not what Jesus wanted. This spoke out to me because at times we might get way into Christianity that we would do something wrong in the midst of it. Like if someone insulted our ways and we got really pissed off and cussed someone out. The intent was nice and all but not a good road to go down. And on the other side, we might seem "passionate" about Jesus and God but when things get tuff... will we (as followers) still stand proud/ passionate/ faithful? Hard to say. Many of us might not go through tuff times but we as Christians will eventually.

anywho... im pretty pooped from not working for money...
Cya peeps tomorrow... im pumped about it! i bet all of you are aswell...
night!
-E-sak (i dont know why hannah spells it this way i like "eyesack")
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down