Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RaInY, SnOwY DaY....................................

+5
Isaac
Steven.Hong
Michael Ha
Cathy
Joseph
9 posters

Go down

RaInY, SnOwY DaY.................................... Empty RaInY, SnOwY DaY....................................

Post  Joseph Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Hello everyone, how are u all doing, so i did my marketing test today, man i bombed that test.

Roman 15 says.

v1. We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the week and not to please ourselves.

In this passage it describes we who are strong. Paul identifies himself with the strong Christians, those whose personal convitions allow them more freedom than the week. Not merely to tolerate or to put up with but to upload lovinly. Not sins, since in the matters under discussion there is no clear guidance in the scripture, not to please our selves but to God. Its not that Christians should never please themselves, but they should not insist on doing what they want without regard to the scruples of other christians. We must show the weak to be stong, to bring christ in their hearts. Care for others as your care for yourself.

v7. Accept one another, then just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.
v8. For i tell you that Christ has become a servant of the jews on behalf of god's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs.

In these two verse, i learned that we should love and accept with one another. God is telling us to accepet each other because God has first accepted us. If we cannot accept one another then the Lord shall not accept you. If we accept one another it is showing love and trust. We must have faith that we can trust this person, if we cannot have trust with one another who we can see how can we trust in God for someone who we cannot see. In 1 john 4:20-21 it says We Love because he first loved us. If anyone says'I love God, yet hates his brother his is a liar. For anoyone who does not love his brother, who he has seen, cannot love god who he has not seen. And he has given us this command; Whoever loves God must also love his brother. I picked this verse because it kinda demonstrates how we should also love one another because the Lord loved us first.

AMEN............

-joe-

oo yea does anyone have victor kim's cell number.....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

RaInY, SnOwY DaY.................................... Empty Re: RaInY, SnOwY DaY....................................

Post  Cathy Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:45 pm

I HATE THE WEATHER. it was actually such a downer on myday.. I secretly was really hoping for a snow day cause i thought that the whole rain + hail + snow mixture would call for dangerous roads but NOOOOOO
i hate york catholic.. Sad

hahha anyways todays chapter was very much about unity and community (it rhymes, i know. im talented in that way. haha )
"1We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. 3For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me."
These verses really reminded me of how much we should be relying on each other - that when one person is stumbling or weak or in pain, that we should all be sharing those feelings with them out of understanding and comapssion, instead of gloating at the fact that they're struggling while we're not.. We're all accountable to each other - as praise team and as leadership, we're all leaders within our congregation and we need to be the ones that create this community of reliability and accountability (yet again, rhymes. im on a ROLL today).. Jesus lived out this example, because when we were insulted, he felt the same pain and saw it as an insult to himself.. I think this reminds us that we can't just take things that lightly. We can't just 'simply' insult someone and then brush it off and think that it's not a big deal, because whatever pain that they feel, we're also inflicting on Jesus. I don't think any of us would be very eager to insult Jesus directly, so why do it through others?
So let's really rememeber to form a community, and the forum's a great way to do so. If you had a bad day, mention it in your post! If you're struggling with something, tell someone, because I'm sure all of us are more than willing to be there for support Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

RaInY, SnOwY DaY.................................... Empty Re: RaInY, SnOwY DaY....................................

Post  Michael Ha Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:34 pm

I liked Chapter 14... It taught me about not judging or looking down on others because they practice different habits than I do.
Since this world is transient, the little things like: the food we eat, the beverage we drink etc. are pretty much meaningless except to sustain our bodies.
But along the same line, there are still acts that everybody knows are against all moral values.
These are the things that should be considered, because most of these things bring harm to other people.

Chapter 15 talked about "Living to Please Others"
This made me think about people who are shy...
Shy people will often hold themselves back from lending out a helping hand to others.
The shy person may feel comfortable with this act, because they're shy and they can use that as an excuse, but really you're just pleasing yourself.
The shy person may also think that they are not suitable to help the other person because of their shy ways, but this thought is also just pleasing to the shy person.
Even if you're shy, you should live to please others, and I don't think removing yourself from the situation where somebody opts for your company or aid is living to please others.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:34 pm

I liked Chapter 14... It taught me about not judging or looking down on others because they practice different habits than I do.
Since this world is transient, the little things like: the food we eat, the beverage we drink etc. are pretty much meaningless except to sustain our bodies.
But along the same line, there are still acts that everybody knows are against all moral values.
These are the things that should be considered, because most of these things bring harm to other people.

Chapter 15 talked about "Living to Please Others"
This made me think about people who are shy...
Shy people will often hold themselves back from lending out a helping hand to others.
The shy person may feel comfortable with this act, because they're shy and they can use that as an excuse, but really you're just pleasing yourself.
The shy person may also think that they are not suitable to help the other person because of their shy ways, but this thought is also just pleasing to the shy person.
Even if you're shy, you should live to please others, and I don't think removing yourself from the situation where somebody opts for your company or aid is living to please others.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:38 pm

romans 15

not alot to say but verse 2, We should help others do what is right and build them up in the lord
Yeah this verse made me think about the leadership and the praise team becausee we are the leaders rightt? and we need to help the others who needs to learn about jesus. Lately i dont think we havent doin that.. heehe but lets try harder to get others to know jesus better.

[GT]undercover? confused
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:49 pm

sorry for the skipped devos. I took a "nap" that lead into the morning

I didnt get anything from this chapter (romans 15)

Romans 14:
" In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day"
Im taking this out of context but it made me think of how we act in church apart from school life. I know a lot of you guys are different at school, which is ok. I remember at the leadership retreat when Sam said how he respected alex more because he said the word "f*ck" infront of him. He was being REAL with him and not being someone hes not infront of Sam. I hope that you guys arent different at church, but rather be the same and try to get rid of obvious sins like swearing. Of course, i am a completely opposite person at school. At school im a stud/ ladies man... Smile
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:51 pm

It's snowing. In APRIL!!! Arghhhh....

Romans 15

1 We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. 2 We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord. 3 For even Christ didn’t live to please himself.

I feel like we're all hopping on a common wagon today, haha. Anyways, this reminded me of God's greatest commands to love God and secondly, love our neighbours. Loving ourselves comes third, but oftentimes we allow it to surpass the importance of our neighbours by justifying that they can take care of themselves. Here, Paul reminds us that it's otherwise. I believe that when we put others before ourselves, God will surely take care of us. So as the leaders in the church, let's really keep encouraging each other to always try to build one another up. If we all have the mentality to put everyone else before us, you won't have to worry so much about your own 'well being' because not only will God be looking out for you, but you'll have a bevy of others looking out for you too.

I love Morning Crisp cereal. Granola chunks..mmmm...

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:29 pm

Ugh, I really like this one verse.

"For everything written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."
I think this verse really shows the importance of doing devotions and reading the Word. Not only does it makes us grow in God, through relating ourselves with the people in and the stories of the Bible, we can push ourselves to be steadfast in our faith in God and never lose hope. I know of a lot of my friends who stopped going to church because something tragic happened to someone they knew- they didn't think that a god existed because they realized that there are so many bad things that happen to people; they lost hope. If I were in their shoes, I honestly can't say if I would be 100% trusting in God. But, from reading different books in the Bible, I've seen all the ways in which God moves in people and situations with purpose.

Sometimes, we might lose faith or hope in God, but I hope that we can make every devotion personal so that we'll remember who is always with us.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:39 pm

I OFFICIALLY HAVE SHORT!!! HAIR NOW...it's a faux-hawk, and I hate APA citations

We must not just please ourselves. We should help others do what is right and build up in the Lord.

I thought of something weird and It was a weird thing, can you be selfish for God's love. I mean in the way where you want God's love only for yourself. Can one be actually like that. If you really do understand God's love naturally you wouldn't think of things like this. Lol just a thought

anyways, the thought of community and trust really came out form today's chapter. A group must be able to trust each other to be able to accept one's help. There must be a level of commitment and fellowship, to be able to help each other out. What good does it do if someone is trying to help someone out, and the the person rejects them out of trust or any other issues. There must a a community not in a segregated group but with everyone.

Lol just in time the pizza in the oven just finished cooking
K c ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:18 am

Yay, a team devotion completion once again!

I really like the first 4 verses.
Adding to what Denise said, i had a talk with Isaac once and we talked about how God does everything for a reason, for a purpose, to glorify his kingdom. So i decided that i would be more positive in that way, to know that something good will result out of something that is temporarily "bad". Just like 9/11, it was SO bad right? but lok how many people found Jesus through that. This is why i want our team to always be strong, to lift each other up and to always encrouage. COntinue to text people if they don't do their devos, continue to call each other, continue to be mor eliek family. I want us to grow toegther as famioly in CHrist to achieve great things in his name. ALways be positive and know that God does everythign for a reason, grow through that and helkp each other to grow through that! Be strong, not within or amongst ourselves, but through CHrist! so San Tokki? ahahah HAve a good week guys! We'll send out an email soon regarding tGood friday plans!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down