Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God is a verb

+4
Steven.Hong
hannahlee
Cathy
Isaac
8 posters

Go down

God is a verb Empty God is a verb

Post  Isaac Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:27 pm

Thats from the book "the shack".
" 21 But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law"
The book (the shack) talks about the law. It talks about how God uses it as a mirror for us to see ourselves. It was not intended to be met, because Jesus did. i hope we can all read it. Im using my super librarian powers to bump myself on the waiting list Smile
"or God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, "
Honestly this book has changed the way i view God and view anything. Cause the book touches on almost everything that needs to be viewed in a Christian point of view. Everything in the Bible now stands out now! We always get told about Jesus' sacrifice, and honestly at times it can seem trivial. But the book made me realize the bigger picture of what he did, and the out come of it. He let us have a relationship with God... Something that we dont deserve. I can ramble on and on but i cant explain the mindset im in unless you have read the book...
"So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law."
This again applies to much that i read. about having a direct relationship with God, and not through the laws and trying to make him happy but to know that you sin, but asking for forgiveness.

I know my devo may not stand out right now, thats cause my heads spinning after i finished the book. Im not saying that this book is some crazy super magic book, but it puts the relational aspect of our "religion" into perspective.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

God is a verb Empty Re: God is a verb

Post  Cathy Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:55 pm

Hahhah nice picture change. I look like im dying.

Romans 3: This chapter talks about Jews vs. Gentiles again, faith vs. the law. But something that sort of stood out to me today was the way that it played with the idea that our sins enhance God's righteousness. And it's a scale of comparison - God's righteousness more starkly contrasts with someone's sinful actions then someone's godly actions. But then there's the other side of it that the chapter also brings up, where it says that although we are not saved by the law, following the law helps us recognize sin. And I realized how true this really is. The more that we know the law, the more that we try to live according to God's 'rules' or 'guidelines' for our lives, the better we can compare them to the actions that go against this law. And even though the salvation message is that we are saved through faith and not by works, we still need to uphold the law in order to guide our lives and make us aware of sin. I think I really realized that today when I was discussing some pretty h eavy topics with my non-Christian friends, and I realized that they don't know or understand why certain things are sinful, whereas we do because we know what God's law is against these things. And not to sound like a Christian-supremacist, but the fact that we know and try to live by the law not only allows us to be more righteous in our actions, but makes us more sensitive to and aware to the thing that are going on around us.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Romans 3

7 “But,” someone might still argue, “how can God condemn me as a sinner if my dishonesty highlights his truthfulness and brings him more glory?” 8 And some people even slander us by claiming that we say, “The more we sin, the better it is!” Those who say such things deserve to be condemned.

This first part reminds me of how sometimes we justify our sins, to try to give ourselves more peace. Perhaps, it's through these methods described here, or understanding that God will forgive you anyways, and taking bad advantage of this fact by falsely justifying that a lie or stealing something won't be that big a deal in the long run, etc.

28 So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law.
31 Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

I love that. A lot of people try to seek out Christianity first as a religion, so they indulge themselves in every bit of the law and often forget to work on the relationship with God. But, faith is where we should be spending most of our efforts, because that's how we truly experience and grow in our Father - not through following ancient decrees. When we have that down, the desire to fulfill the law will come naturally. I love it.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Circumcision
hehehehe

Romans 3

verse 3.True, some of them were unfaithful;but because they were unfaithful,does that mean God will be unfaithful.
The Jews are no different from us, Just because their not perfect doesnt mean that God not perfect,, No matter what we do God will always be perfect and we will be just try to be like him but it will take forever and ever to be like himm.

verse 22. We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
As long as we trust in Jesus and put your faith in him we will be all fine. Even if your sinner, you can try to stop that and as long as you put your faith in him everything will turn out great in the end of your life.

verse 29. After all, is God the God of the Jews only? Isn't he also the God of the Gentiles? Of course he is.
Just what I say before God isnt God for the jews his there for everyone in the world. If you trust in help he will transform you to become just like him.

-[GT]undercover? Smile
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Oo nice, the shack sounds like a sick book...

YO man wuts with my display picture is that billy , how do i change it man...
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:50 pm

I like to God it God it... I like to God it God it...

Romans Chapter 2

Doesn't this Chapter make you think about the law system we have?
Basically all it is is one person accusing another person of committing to an evil deed, and then a mediator (just happens to be named JUDGE) decides who is right and who is wrong. The penalties are given according to the "degree" of crime that the accused is perceived to have committed and this also is decided by the mediator/judge.
I mean, this system keeps people from impulsively acting out and committing crime everywhere in the world, but it also says something about us: If we aren't afflicted by pain as a result of our crimes, then we will keep on committing them; that is to say, God's punishment (which is dealt in the afterlife) is viewed as insignificant compared to the punishment by the law.
Also, how can the mediator come up with the fairest decision for the fight? He/she has no way of knowing the entire story for both parties involved in the conflict and they might be both lying as well.
Anyways, in conclusion, if we keep judging ourselves and keep ourselves in check, then it's all good =]

Romans Chapter 3

Well, the last part of my devo for Chapter 2 is not so... correct I guess haha; it is within human beings, but not with God.
"we are spiritually dead (Ephesians 2:1) and unable to do anything to save ourselves (John 15:5), then no one but God Himself can help us."
We are responsible for not bringing hell on earth for other people we are living with, but in terms of salvation and being with God, it is totally up to Him, and Jesus bridges this gap between us - who are infected with awful soul-virus, the guilt and pollution of sin - and God.
Also, I found this part interesting: "The law simply shows us how sinful we are."
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:04 am

OOLA, SENIO, BUENO, ARIGATO...

Hannah brings out a good point that having faith is a good way to have fellowship with God...

Romans 3 says,

" This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus."

Ok, so in this passage, the basic thing i learned is about faith. God talks about faith all the time in the bible. Faith, trust, belief etc. God is telling us to have faith in others also in God. god told us that we should also have with our neighbours because if we cannot have faith in someone who we can see, how can we have faith with God, someone who we cannot seen. You know what i mean. In 1 John 4:20-21 it says, If anyone says, "I love God" yet hates his brother he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother or sister, who he has seen, cannot love God, whom we have not seen.And he has given us this commandment: Whoever loves God must also love one another." Here God is saying that if we want to love God, we must also love our brother and sisters. God has given us a commandment to love our neighbours. So from romans 3, God says that we should have faith, because that will bring you closer to God. If you have faith, its more like saying that yu truly trust in him with all your heart and soul. Another thing i learned in this passage, it says that sin is sin. Small sin and big is the same. There is no difference from sin to sin. All sins are the same. If we sin, we have disobeyed the Lords commandment, then Lord shall bring anger in you. When we sin, we cannot just walk away from it, God knows your every move, he knows what your do, he knows what you are thinking. So, let God be in your hearts, he will guide you and protect your from evil....

AMEN.....................

Have a good one guys, and may God be with you......
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:05 am

your picture is billy... because YOU ARE BILLY....
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:58 am

what.....i aint notin like billy homes...
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:08 am

ugh sry just a lot of crap to do before this week ends, I am trying to manage my time better

Romans 3

I think the big thing here it's unity with Christ. Some people say oh I am saved so I am only going to worry about my life, and my relationship with God; who cares if others are having a hard time it's not affecting me. Some people have this kind of mentality. \

Jews or Gentiles God does not care, so what's the point of arguing. We all sinned we all fall short of God's grace, but he decides to share his love with us not cause he has to but he wants to have a relationship with us.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:41 am

no one is righteous in the eyes of the lord, jew or gentile. WE all sin and do wrong things regardless of who we are, where we are from, what we did, it is all same in front of God, we sinned. No matter how much we try and how hard we try we just cant keep the law that God has put out for us, it was meant to be broken, so that we ourselves know that how we measure up in front of God. We are saved though through faith, and not by works or keeping the law, only through Jesus christ. he is the god of ALL

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum