Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Book!

+6
Michael Ha
dennis
hannahlee
Joseph
Cathy
Isaac
10 posters

Go down

New Book! Empty New Book!

Post  Isaac Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:15 am

Although the praise team has already read Romans, we believe its a good book to re-read and to give the leadership team a chance to read it together!
With further consideration of the censoring of names... we have discussed, analyzed, and critiqued the names.
All [GT] members are under their respected names. For example: Sea.n is now [GT] Noob FOREVER
If you would like to apply for a [GT] name rank, please speak with our human resource manager, Ms.Long Legs
That is all....
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

New Book! Empty Re: New Book!

Post  Cathy Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:31 pm

Hey guysss
sorry to those whom i ditched at the library today. lol especially denise.. i am a horrible and lazy person. Sleep
well here goes with ROMANS yet again! woot woot

20" For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
Kk so pretty much a good chunk of this chapter is about the wrath of God on those who live unholy lives, dwelling in sin and temptation. and I thought that this verse was interesting: It says that God's invisible qualities (all the wonderful eternal and divine things about him) are seen: that God reveals them to us - thus slamming all those agnostic peoples' arguments. Because God is always present with us, we experience his perfectness everytime we go to him, encounter him, and even when we aren't conscious of it.. So we can't really use the excuse that we can't fix our lives or the way we behave because we don't know what perfectness is.. not saying that God expects us to be perfect, but that he expects to strive to be more perfect thatn we are now.
21 "For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened"
In knowing God's divine nature, we can't just have this knowledge and just let it sit there, but apply it into our own lives - practice the same kind of love and kindnses that he shows us.. Because knowledge without acton is uselses knowledge, isnt it?
So no more excuses!
See y'allz tmrw. or tonight, some of you. maybe...
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 am

ahahah "worst GB EVER".... read the date :X. Were starting this on Monday. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION!!! its my fault, i should have started more clearly... sorry Very Happy
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Hey guys! Let's keep with our devos ok? Only 2 of the praise team members posted on james 5. That's not good...
I'm at school and what's better than listening to the teacher? Devos ofcourse....

This chapter talks about obligation. We, as leaders have lots of obligations and responsiblilities but oi think one, as a christian, is the obligation to tell everyone about christ. You might think of it as something told to you sooooooo many times. "Tell everyone about God" " tell as many as possible" but like [GT] Dragon Of Hungary said, if we kjnew the cure for cancer wouldn't we tell the world? If there's one thing that I learned from sam is that you can show Jesus and God through your everyday actions. I think that has a bigger impact than to actually tell people because you would be a living testament of Jesus and his lifestyle.

Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God
I like this verse a lot. The bible rarely puts up straight arguments for God but this is an awesome one. When I went camping with sam and martin, when you look at raw nature, you can't help smile and think of God... There's no way this was by accident.

Anywho. Hope you guys had a good monday! School sucks I know... [GT] Overload, denise.... I hate you.

-[GT] Quikie
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:13 pm

I HATE SCHOOL! wow i walked into school today and the first thoughts that came to my head were "i hate this place." I also. hate Denise and [GT] Overload. Two week march breaks.. pfft. But anyhoo! Because I'm an Rtard and I did this chapter like 3 days ago when we were supposed to be doing 'do your own devotions' im going to do 'my own devotions' for today. And tmrw Ill be back on track with the rest of youu Smile

I found a rather lovely verse
"My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness."-Isaiah 26:9

The first part of it reminded me of the song 'yearn'. Firstly I just love the power that's in the word yearn. I dont know if its just me or not but it just seems like such a stronger word than 'want' or even 'desire'. Hahah so I decided to pull a Michael and dictionary.com it.
Yearn: 1. to have an earnest or strong desire; long:
2. to feel tenderness; be moved or attracted:
When the verse says that my soul yearns for God, it really demonstrates the need, the strong desire, the attraction, and the passion that we have to be with him. We can often say that we want something. I find myself saying things like 'I want that cookie' or 'I want a sexy leather jacket' (note my facebook status. haha). But these are more like our superficial desires so we use the word want. We save special words like yearn for God - for whom we have an intimate, passionate and heartfelt relationship with. As much as I like cookies I'm not really passionate or intimate with them Razz
Wow im getting off topic. Hahha so anyways im trying to point out how our soul is so desperately in need of God - whether or not we acknowledge or feel this desire is sort of up to us.. or the kind of relationship we choose to have with God. We sing the words 'Lord I wanna yearn for you. I wanna burn with passion', becuase we're not always emotionally high or driven for God. But because we're made in the image of GOd, because we naturally desire a relationship with him our souls, we WANT to live this out, we want this yearning present in us from morning to night, becuase it is what drives our relationship with God to grow - its what drives us to put him first and let him reign in our lives. And when our relationship with GOd is strong, it reflects in our actions - how righteoussely we live. So that when Jesus returns with God's judgements that people will learn it then. But we'll already have gotten it down, yo Smile
I'll start asking God to give me the desire - the yearning to be closer to him - because relationships start from the inside out.. So our heart should be intact..

Have a good tuesday tmrwww! hahaha ps. I'm doing a philosophy presentation tomorrow and I'm gonna be Aristotle. Aka, an excuse to wear a toga. hahha TOGA TOGA TOGA!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:04 pm

OOLLA, SENIO, BUENO, ARIGATO...

YoOoO...wuzzup..man first day of school, for marketing class today i had to do a class presentation which we were assigned on that day, so i worked so hard on it, and the presentation is not for marks, man i was so fustrated. Anyways, school is school gotta suk it up...
So this is wut i learned in Romans 1.

Issac brings out a good point that we are all leader's, and as leader's we have lots of obligations and responsibilities, and we must always keep that in are minds.

From verse 8-10 says,

"First, i thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. God whom i serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly i remember you in my prayers at all times and i pray that now at last by God's will the way be opened for me to come to you.

You know, every time i would get upset, or something bad has happen to me, sometimes i would blame God, but in the same time i know its not God's falt. There is always a reason why bad things happen in this world. Its never by mistake. So, God is telling us to be thankful and to be happy. We should be thankful because God has done and still does incredible things for you, and for this world. what more can we ask for. All we need is faith, God says we need faith because if we have not faith, we cannot get to Jesus, and if we cannot get through Jesus, we cannot get to God. We must believe that the Lord will grant you. God also says that we should always be happy, because God has brought grace and peace in this world, he did this so he can bring happyness. And he did, God sent his beloving son Jesus Christ down to earth to sacrifice himself on the cross, so he can clear out our sins. Sins that we have captured from satan. Satan wants us to fall apart, but i will not let that happen, God says to NEVER GIVE UP. On the day Jesus was crucified, did he give up, no, he hold that cross and walked up the mountains with sever pains all over his body, he knew that God will bring grace and peace in this world. So we must fight against satan and be strong.

Another thing i learned from this passage is that we should always continue to spread the word of the gospel in tis world. We must continue to pray for the non-believers and for God to bring miracles in them. I remember Pastor Sam said that when something good happens from prayer, we should continue praying for that reason because you never know that something bad can occur at any time. So, when we spread the word of christ, who should continue and never stop. God will bring miracles in this world.

AMEN...........................

Have a good day guys, and may God be with you......

its ok denise, i dont hate you.....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:01 pm

8==================================================================== D
That is all...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Romania. Romaine. Lettuce?

Romans 1

5 Through Christ, God has given us the privilege[c] and authority as apostles to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name.

This kind of reminds me of that passage from Ephesians Sam talked about on Sunday. Instead of treating it as a negative thing that the salvation of Christ was not exclusive to the Jews, Paul writes that he sees it as a privilege that he GETS to tell Gentiles everywhere of God's grace. In the same way, we should continue to reach out to our friends and family, with that kind of a mindset, bc it's not like we have a special birthright to God that shouldn't be shared.

TANGENT: I was talking to my Ohana group about it, and especially as the leaders in our ministry, I really want to see us striving to do better with welcoming newcomers! I'm pretty excited. Part of our responsibilities is to be innovative and courageous, so let's try to brainstorm new things we can do on a regular basis to make our ministry even better! Smile

In the part where it talks about God's anger with sin, it was a little unsettling because it said that God abandoned them to just thrive in their sin. I couldn't help but think that earth must have been a little bit of a living hell, because hell is where God isn't. Really scary.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:33 pm

", so let's try to brainstorm new things we can do on a regular basis to make our ministry even better!"- Ms.Long Legs

thats a great idea Ms.Long Legs!!!! I think we should really sit down and get this idea on some tracks!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:48 pm

This passage reminded me of the sermon on Sunday.

v.12 "...you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith."
On the way to lunch, Esther asked Hannah and me if we feel comfortable at church, and we said that we feel most like ourselves when we're with church people. So, I wondered why we felt so "at home" with church people. I mean, as Sam said, we all come from different backgrounds (ie. race, family, economic level) and yet, especially in our praise and leadership teams, we're unified as one. This verse has the answer to this question- it's by our faith in God that we can be bounded as one team, one church. One thing that we shouldn't forget is that there still are divisions in our church: between boys and girls, older students and younger students, etc. Hopefully, we can reach out and help more people feel comfortable at our church.

v.17 "...by faith from first to last..."
Paul talks about salvation belonging to both the Jews and the Gentiles. He says that everyone deserves to know God, and God wants every single one of us to believe in Him. Throughout the passage, it's clear that Paul is so excited to spread the gospel to the Gentiles. Often times, I find it easier to spread the gospel to my friends than strangers because I know how my friends will react. Knowing my friends, I can find a specific way to approach them and share my faith. With strangers, I never know if they will immediately reject or listen to the gospel. From Paul, I learned that I shouldn't compare people and spread the gospel accordingly because God wants everyone to hear the gospel.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:39 pm

ye ye
Korea will win.
That is all.

I re-learned from this Chapter about why sinning is bad.
Sinning is bad because it's basically:
1. disregarding God's teachings.
2. in a way, telling God that He doesn't exist because if you recognize His existence and that He sees you 24/7, then you will not sin against Him; so by sinning, you're saying that God doesn't exist (... it's a stretch but... ya...)
3. well... you're sinning, meaning the person on the other end of your actions (could be yourself or other people) will be afflicted which is bad.

Yep... =]
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:45 pm

yee yee, michael im with you, korea will win.....

And i like the idea of brainstorming, ill talk with the leadership team about the newcomers....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:14 am

i learned alot form what you guys wrote today.

One thing i want to mention as leaders is at verse 9, it says "god whom i serve with my whole heart.:
I mentioned this in my devo yesterday, worship can only be worship if it's fully for God 100%. SO ask yourselevs this question?
Do i serve at this church because i get to, or because i have to or because i'm obligated to?
That's all up to you, no one else will know, but GOD will know why you serve what you serve now.

The whole prat after verse 18 got me thinking. Do you know God? or do you know OF him? Really ask yourself that question.
If you wante dto know God more, seek him more, wouldn't you pray and do your devos more? It would only make sense, but it's our hiuman nature to lack faith when we dont' see. However i remember one thing Deniiise said in her devo once. "Let's rely on our faith and nto facts."
or something like that. to a normal person that would be sooo stupid. but if you think about it, i would much rather rely on faith than facts.
Becuase facts are already there, Faith is what can CHANGE it. does that make sense?
Anyway something to ponder about ahaha.

Hope you guys haev a good tuesdayy!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:16 am

YOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOooooooooooo I cant believe in not GR Dragon Jr now im Sean...WOWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW 1:0 Japan.

Romans 1

I was kind of surprised when it said "For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened." I thought about this and I realized, they knew of GOD, but did not know GOD. If they truly did know GOD then they would gloirfy him, and give thanks to him. Instead they knew of him and they fell.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Ok if im reading this right, woman had sex with animals...gross. This is where homosexuality and unnatural sexual relations start.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:17 am

8========================D<-CN TOWER MR BLUE GIANT PENIS
hahahahahahaha

Romans 1
From this verse I got what its like when God is angery at sin.hehehe On sunday Jacob told me that he was wondering what would happened if you sacked God. I think sacking is like a sin right? soo If someone did sack him you would get a really angery and pissed off God I cant imagine what he would do to that person hahaha.But although God is mad he still forgives us and loves us hehehe...

try sacking God? I want to see what the world would turn into hahaha
soo bad!
Basketball [GT]Undercover?
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 am

Korea!!! Come on 2009 is our year

Nice Fob...Wow I had short hair back then. maybe I should get a short haircut

School today was ewwwww!!!

Came back from the Library/Din Din

Pho is soooo good

No excuse for not knowing God. That really stuck to me when reading Roman 1

His invisible qualities, His eternal power, I think it's not because people don't see God's grace, but I think they see God's divine nature but don't know how to interpret it or understand it. Because of their misunderstanding of God, they create their own God's which become false Idol worship, which leads to other sins. I little misconception or pride distorts God, into something that is ugly and full of evil nature, one must be careful.

Sry about the late post

K talk to you guys again tmr!!!!

韓国 <--KOREA...O CRAP IT'S GOING TO BE TENSE IN TMR'S Japanese class...WOW
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:34 am