Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Go down

5 Empty 5

Post  Andy Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:44 pm

hey guys..won't be able to make bowling today Sad sorrryyyy
GO LEADERSHIP!!

3 important lessons today. First starting off with Earthly riches, i mean it is all going to go away someday and thats the truth of it. You can live amazingly for around lets say 100 years? but you still have eternity to live out, either in heaven or hell. It has been stated that it is virtually impossible for a rich man to get in to heaven, so why not donate some of that and get in to heaven..Everything won't last except for your soul either in heaven or hell. Well here it talks about our tongues once again, meaning that it is meant to be emphasized upon, here it clearly mention DO NOT SWEAR and yet we all do and it also says that our words should have some weight upon it as we shouldn't take back our word and such. It's crucial that we are able to control our mouths, especially as a leadership team and a praise team. Lastly it talks about the powerful-ness of prayer, it shows us examples for what we can pray for and what we can accomplish through prayer. Prayer to some people might not do anything because they do not believe, but to others it can be such a powerful tool.

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

5 Empty Re: 5

Post  Isaac Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:56 pm

"12 But most of all, my brothers and sisters, never take an oath, by heaven or earth or anything else. Just say a simple yes or no, so that you will not sin and be condemned."
The concept of an "oath" is big in the Bible. God made a pact with Abraham so you would think making a pact in life would be ok. But this chapter teaches us its not good. I think because whats the point in "promising to God" that you ll do something. "yes" and "no" is sufficient.

"13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you..."

Its easy t pray when you need something. But if you're happy, shouldnt you be praying harder? We have been praying for this praise team/ leadership team for so long and now that we have such a great serving team, we should all pray extra hard to keep it this way or to make us better.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED... stupid work... stupid 9 am....

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:22 am

i'm so tired, and i feel like i'm not going to get anything out of it today, so i'll read it tomorrow and post it.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:43 pm

"never take an oath, by heaven or earth or anything else. just say a simple yes or no, so that you will not sin and be condemned."
I took a lot from this verse, but mainly these two points:
1. One should not have to resort to "take an oath" in order for their word to be credible; as from previous experiences one in consideration should not have lied in the first place and instead responded with a simple yes or no.
2. Responding with a simple yes or no = it is not backed up by reason. Therefore, the one in question should not be further implored for reasons as to why they have given their answer; trust the one in consideration to have made the right choice in giving their answer.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: