Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLICK ME

4 posters

Go down

CLICK ME Empty CLICK ME

Post  Isaac Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:50 am

18But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.
I dont know if i agree with this... cause i think it matters if they are doing it for "false motives". Doesnt it? maybe im reading it right.
He talks about encouraging others because he is in jail and in chains. When someone takes one for the team, the whole team gets rilled up right? If Sam was to be sent to jail, we would all go crazy and try to get him out some how. Same in sports, in hockey the guy gets into a fight to sometimes give the team some boost. I think as leaders, we should all "take one for the team". Big or small it will encourage others.

-Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

CLICK ME Empty Re: CLICK ME

Post  JacobPk Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:57 am

good point Isaac.

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."
I think this question ties up with our praise team every week. Who do we actually play for? THe congregation or God?
I tend to notice that we sometimes get frustrated after a sunday praise, after a couple of errors. The moment we become frustrated, we aren't qworshipping God. Of course we want to sound good, don't get me wrong, but we want to sound good for JESUS, and so that our congregation can FOLLOW US. I would rather have one acoustic and have many follow, then a whole band who gets frustrated because we didn't end nicely. Question for the day and for this week. "What is praise to you?"
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:08 am

JacobPk wrote:
I tend to notice that we sometimes get frustrated after a sunday praise, after a couple of errors. The moment we become frustrated, we aren't qworshipping God.
Great point jacob. we do get frustrated a lot at just a few mistakes. at the end of the day its worship and i think we lose touch on that
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:22 am

Whoo, 2 points from the both of you! I liked reading all that.

Philippians 1

21 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. 22 But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. 23 I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. 24 But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.

I thought that was really interesting, to hear someone speak about death in such a way....which took me off on a kind of tangent about thoughts that I have not too rarely, hahaha. Sometimes I think about how people mourn and grieve when someone passes, and the desperation in their spirits when it happens. But if they were a person truly grounded in Christ, then their heart lies where Paul evidently does in this verse, and in truth, their death becomes a cause to celebrate. A strange concept to wrap your finger around, initially. But ever since I read Tuesdays With Morrie (I think it was..), I keep envisioning my funeral as a time where people are able to walk out with comforted joy. Hahaha. Not in like a morbid, creepy way, but you know...ANYWAYS. Don't know where I was intending to go with all that.

29 For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.

Another interesting bit..

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:28 am

hellooooo

"i always pray with joy"
I think this has something that we should all do. Even if we are mad and we pray we can have joy in that we know that God is going to do something about it. We can pray with joy for anything and about anything. Paul says that he enjoys it when Christ is preached and i think we should be too, because a soul is being saved with Christ being preached, in which we can see them in heaven. It says conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of the Christ. We have to live according to the bible and live off of it, all the answers to our problem is in there and in God we should try and utilize it more. I think the people above me did a great job, so everything was pretty much covered.

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum